Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hubby is watching football............darn thanks for news on presser.....grand children hogging the other tv! LOL

"I rode in the car with Louise!" They're brave, good people... I wouldn't put my family at risk

What would that Judge have done if, after driving that family to the new home, one of them spiked a temp with vomiting or other symptoms just hrs later?

working to protect the people of Dallas and the nation

presser over..
Alex Witt saying how brave the judge is :gaah:

:moo:

SMH. My husband was setting up a tv in another room this morning and an interviewer was talking to a doctor about ebola and the likelyhood of catching it. The doctor said there is no need to worry about getting it from someone coughing or sneezing. Unless you put your hand in the contagious persons's mouth to touch saliva you aren't going to get it. WTF?! My husband yelled "Did you just hear that?!"

How do these idiots get airtime? And when is the media going to be responsible and do some research? Jmo

One of my concerns is the fact that the CDC has been known to be a little..."mischievous" to put it nicely. This along with all of the misinformation and "facts" are just troublesome. Like many of you pointed out, all I takes is one person to have it, sneeze into their hand or in the air, and it's on.

US can't be at zero risk until the ebola is dealt with in West Africa

Seriously and just my opinion we need to quit trying to be the world police and the world doctors and concentrate on getting our own country taken care of..

I agree with you but honestly if I thought I was dealing with ebola you wouldn't have been able to pay me enough to touch any of those sheets or anything in that house.. Without a biohazard suit and proper attire you're just infecting yourself.. Yea I know being dirty and trashy is no way to live

If you were court ordered to STAY in that infected house with your KIDS then you had better man up and start cleaning the sheets, the bathroom, kitchen etc... whether you want to or not. At that point avoiding the problem is no longer a viable option, you are living and breathing it.

He lied on travel documents to get here...............ok
BUT once in USA why didn't he immediately tell the truth to get help?
He should of said "I as exposed to Ebola helping a neighbor"
told his girlfriend and family..........stay away from me
go a room by himself if hospital turned him away.
He deliberatly put his family here in danger and he KNEW!!!
He had choices and he is not stupid.
Unforgiveable JMOO
I hope he has to work and pay the expenses of this back to the taxpayers!
but with our society he probably will get freebies instead

I agree ! Lying to get in here in hopes of starting a better life and/ or getting good medical treatment if he was infected, while not an honorable thing to do, it is understandable. But then to not tell this woman he wants to marry, knowing he would get her and all of them sick, is pretty creepy. I wonder if she is standing by her man and will take him back if he lives and is released and not jailed or deported.

According to the ID doc who treated Dr. Brantley, the chlorine used in water tx plants is not sufficient to kill the virus.

But other experts have said it can't, so now there's conflicting information: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us-reader-questions/index.html

The virus wouldn't survive long in water, Jean-Paul Gonzalez at Metabiota, a company that tracks global infectious diseases, told NPR. The virus depends heavily, he said, on its host -- either a human or animal -- to stay alive.

U.S. sanitary sewers and our waste treatment system will kill the virus, [CDC spokeswoman Abbigail] Tumpey agrees. "There's no concern there."

If you were court ordered to STAY in that infected house with your KIDS then you had better man up and start cleaning the sheets, the bathroom, kitchen etc... whether you want to or not. At that point avoiding the problem is no longer a viable option, you are living and breathing it.

If I had to I would but hopefully never have to be in that situation.. They needed direction and proper supplies. They obviously didn't have common sense to fix things themselves.. Not being rude to them but a lot of things they did were stupid.

How can anyone be sure of the number, 80 or 100 or whatever it is today ? smdh , BUT if this guy lied initially , who is to say he's not lying now about how many people he saw? Is he even conscious and speaking and if so, under the meds and illness, is it reasonable to assume he is lucid enough to recall every encounter since he got sick? Or is he unconscious and they're back tracking his movements via the GF's recollection?

Seriously and just my opinion we need to quit trying to be the world police and the world doctors and concentrate on getting our own country taken care of..
yep and stop air travel from infected area! like other countries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea