Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace's tweets are really good. I haven't noticed much difference between her tweets and Beth's blog. Maybe because they are both lawyers?
I agree - very pleasantly surprised. She injects a good dose of "visuals" too, such as how the jurors are reacting.

How can they not show grief? Even Beth K., who has seen these pictures, can't erase it from her mind. It's horrible! And, about them pins, the murderers family has on Domestic Violence ribbons. How is that fair? We know Travis is dead and his family can't grieve him or wear ribbons in support, yet the lying murderers family is allowed to wear domestic violence ribbons when she was NEVER abused!? Travis and his family are the victims. Not directed at you...JMO.

Well it's not fair. But karma is a *****. I'm sure Jodi's family has to believe she is a DV because the alternative is that she slaughtered a man because she's a sociopath and did it for the enjoyment of the murder.

Blah sorry Linask this is where we depart on opinions I'm a dodgers fan ...

Well... I was a Dodger fan growing up, went to many games with my mother. Then when I moved to San Diego became a Padres fan. At least I stay loyal to the National League. I prefer the Giants to the A's.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 19s 20 seconds ago

#JodiArias smiles and conversates with Willmott as we wait for the jury. I counted 12 females on the jury but I am not good with numbers.

Nurmi will never live that down. I wonder what neologisms he'll try to slip into the lexicon this time around.

All I want for Christmas is for this trial to be over WITH a reasonable verdict. I wonder if there are Christmas Carol Idol competitions at Perryville. Nothing to stop Jodi from crooning to herself in her cell... in solitary. Except maybe the threats her sorority sisters scream at her.

Lol.. Alpha Delta Pi? (Awaiting Death Penalty) Lambda Nu Pi? (Life No Parole)

(No "w" in Greek.)

Ha not sure ADPi would appreciate the association with Jodi. I know I would cringe at any association with my sorority and Jodi.

Some jury experts say that it is harder to put someone to death if they have looked each juror in the eye. It is the defendants way of making a connection.

And they have William Zervakos telling them what Jodi should to do to make them feel indebted to her.

Zuri, have you had trouble with BK's site? It let me register, and when I click credit card there is nothing nowhere to input info, and it keeps asking me for it. I was also going to pay for five others and didn't know how you set that u.

Well... I was a Dodger fan growing up, went to many games with my mother. Then when I moved to San Diego became a Padres fan. At least I stay loyal to the National League. I prefer the Giants to the A's.

I also grew up a dodger fan. Everyone in my family is a dodger fan so it's a requirement to be a fan. My family would often go to games and bring a radio so we could hear Vinny call the game. As a kid I would often fall asleep to the soft lull of his voice.

I don't post much but wanted to thank all who took the time to post all the tweets. I wonder if any of the jurors will be annoyed by Nurmi constantly objecting during opening statements because it would aggravate me! As far as the concern about women jurors "sticking together" I am not worried about that at all. Off topic, Chicago Blackhawks win! Lol

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 25 seconds ago

It is up to you to write the final chapter of this story explains Nurmi, It is your job to determine #JodiArias' fate.

Yup. Jodi's fate is entirely up to them. Entirely their responsibility. She has in no way determined her own fate by her conscious decision to commit 1st degree premeditated murder and put herself in this position.

I also grew up a dodger fan. Everyone in my family is a dodger fan so it's a requirement to be a fan. My family would often go to games and bring a radio so we could hear Vinny call the game. As a kid I would often fall asleep to the soft lull of his voice.
That was the era of Ron Cey and Davey Lopes for me. Mom would bring Corned Beef sandwiches to eat.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 23s 23 seconds ago

Nurmi explains now about the sexually graphic photos "close up shots of her anus" that we must all endure. Ughhhhh. #JodiArias

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

And so begins another round of the Jodi Arias Trial drinking game. (Bottoms up, everybody!)

OMG ! You have the original? That is amazing ! I saw them last year and a friend bought me a ticket for this year with Chritsine !
That fire took a lot from us,,,but it also taught us a lot.... As my 22 yr old son said as he held me in his arms while we stood and watched it burn...." It's just stuff "....
And thank you !

Wow Cubbee, prayers to yall. And what a wonderful thing your son said. You did good raising him. A very deep profound young man.

Hope she gets death....there is no doubt in my mind that JS will give her a chance for parole. I believe, if she could, JS would let her go with time served.

Honestly Am, I think Judge Sherrys soul is greatly affected by what that villain did to Travis. I believe she will hand down LWOP if it comes to that.

I just can't see a detective, who, from what I've read, was very respected among MPD, being fired over his wife's tweets that she was perfectly within her rights to make. At the very least, they would have waited until after the hearing on this, if they were gonna do anything. Again, though, I can't see that. Maybe I'm naive. I mean we've seen cops shoot people without justification and keep their jobs. Firing Flores because his wife had a twitter account? Really???????

Completely agree MeeBee. Personally, I think the Arias Camp, instigated by the lone and decidedly off-kilter inhabitant of Webber World, has spun a whole tale out of a tenuous thread, and rounded it off with the triumphant and self-congratulatory - but utterly baseless - claim that Flores has suffered the consequences. And given where all the noise is coming from, an extremely large pinch of salt is in order IMO.

What's more, Detective Flores is in fact very much alive and well, so to speak, in the Mesa PD, as one of the two Public Relations Officers making up the Mesa Police Media Relations Office. I have no idea how long he's been in this role, but think it would be fair to assume that only highly-respected and essentially spotless officers would be appointed to represent the Mesa PD.
http://www.mesaaz.gov/Police/media/default.aspx
(In ordinary life, he's Esteban "Steve" Flores, so he's shown here as Steve Flores)

How can they not show grief? Even Beth K., who has seen these pictures, can't erase it from her mind. It's horrible! And, about them pins, the murderers family has on Domestic Violence ribbons. How is that fair? We know Travis is dead and his family can't grieve him or wear ribbons in support, yet the lying murderers family is allowed to wear domestic violence ribbons when she was NEVER abused!? Travis and his family are the victims. Not directed at you...JMO.

Yes, I agree they are truly grieving and should be allowed to express that. I am just surprised the judge allows it since they were told during the guilt phase that there could be no outbursts and they were also told they could not wear their pins--all while the killer's supporters were allowed to sit and laugh and whatnot, and wear the DV ribbons. It was an outrage and my post was certainly not to say the family of TA should not show grief for crying out loud.

Over and out.

Honestly Am, I think Judge Sherrys soul is greatly affected by what that villain did to Travis. I believe she will hand down LWOP if it comes to that.

I hope so too. But I certainly would not bet my life on it. What does give me a sense of optimism is that Judge Stephens is a elected judge I believe. If she gave Jodi a shot at freedom she would certainly loose her job by the voters.

But in the end I'm afraid that Jodi's sentence will be decided by Judge Stephens and this jury will deadlock as well.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 4 seconds ago
Nurmi is going over #Jodiarias life growing up #3TVArias

Rather, Nurmi is going over what Jodi told him about her life growing up. Why even bother since there is zero corroboration, documentation, or evidence of any other kind? Is he hoping Martinez will simply neglect to point this out to the jury? Why bother wasting time with any of Jodi's unsubstantiated claims? Martinez will just show the jury that her claims are all unsubstantiated and in most cases contradicted by evidence. Is this the "can't un-ring a bell" approach to defense? Say whatever you want to the jury, knowing that once it's in their heads, some vestige will remain even if the prosecution disproves it or if the judge tells the jury to disregard it.

Pretty desperate, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname