Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 49s49 seconds ago

"Sandy Arias (mom) did not give Jodi the live and support she needed. In fact she beat her." Nurmi

Context makes it clear enough what his meaning is... but is it too much to ask that a practicing defense attorney, trying to keep his client off of death row, would pay a little closer attention to his pronouns?

I hope so too. But I certainly would not bet my life on it. What does give me a sense of optimism is that Judge Stephens is a elected judge I believe. If she gave Jodi a shot at freedom she would certainly loose her job by the voters.

But in the end I'm afraid that Jodi's sentence will be decided by Judge Stephens and this jury will deadlock as well.

AZLawyer said that judges in AZ are NOT elected or voted in by voters.

Henri DelRey ‏@Henri_DelRey 17s17 seconds ago

Kirk Nurmi repeatedly calls #JodiArias mentally young girl"

Is this a sign they'll be sticking with Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis? I wonder how much money Nurmi had to put in Jodi's commissary account.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 28s 28 seconds ago
Let's talk mitigating factors shall we......#jodiarias #3TVArias

Oh, yes PLEASE. Let's do. It will be a very short talk. Just one sentence.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

You will hear that Dr. DeMarte will testify that #JodiArias has multiple personality disorder explains Nurmi.

No they won't. Dr. D testified that she thought JA had BORDERLINE personality disorder, but I think she actually DENIED that JA had MPD (which is not valid terminology, in any case). Nurmi is just hoping that the jury will remember him saying she has MPD and they won't remember who actually said it. I trust Juan to point that out to the jury, because , IIRC, it is an out and out lie.

Don't forget the claim of Bobby Juarez choking her too
Why not add all the people who wanted to choke her but somehow managed to restrain themselves? Surely the cumulative effect of all those bad vibes should count as a mitigating factor.

AZLawyer said that judges in AZ are NOT elected or voted in by voters.

Well that's unfortunate. I thought I had read here during the last trial that they were. But I'm sleep deprived these days and my recollection could be entirely wrong.

Since Judge Stephens is not elected then my confidence in her sentencing Jodi to LWOP isn't super high. I think she probably would sentence her LWOP but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I would love to know her sentencing record.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 54s 55 seconds ago
#6- Nature of #jodiarias and Travis relationship caused Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at time of incident #3TVArias

If Travis were here, he might say:

"Define 'extreme emotional distress.'"

"By 'the incident,' are you referring to the 27 stab wounds, slit throat, and gunshot to the head Jodi inflicted on me?"

eta: I guess actually if being on the planet for a mere 27 years doesn't make Jodi a full-grown adult, stabbing someone a mere 27 times doesn't mean you were trying to murder them. Obviously!

Well that's unfortunate. I thought I had read here during the last trial that they were. But I'm sleep deprived these days and my recollection could be entirely wrong.

Since Judge Stephens is not elected then my confidence in her sentencing Jodi to LWOP isn't super high. I think she probably would sentence her LWOP but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I would love to know her sentencing record.

It's true that judges are not elected, but rather appointed. HOWEVER, they are subject to retention elections after the initial 2-year appointment. They absolutely can be voted out of their judgeships.

She made the identical mistake with "body slams".

No accounting for taste of course, but we have heard that Travis was a fan of MMA fighting and that he'd have fight-viewing parties at his house. If this is the kind of "body slams" (plural!) Jodi is talking about, she'd have ER documentation or at least corroboration from someone who saw her hobbling around afterwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbN2TOaQT28

Fom Beth's site:

1:50 The judge is back on the bench. I made a request of the court during the lunch hour for a copy of the preliminary instructions. Denied. Jury is back. Judge instructs the jury that openings are not evidence or argument. Martinez continues with his opening statement. I’m hearing the first witness could be the detective who recovered the deleted photos from the camera. If so, then Martinez may display the sexually graphic photos as well as the accidental photos taken during the murder.

You know in Nurmi's opening he said somethings that made me think.. One was that we'd hear from Jodi , now that may be Jodi back on the stand, or it will be Jodi little pity me speech? and the other was about the photo o herf hoohaw and mentioned tootsie toll pops. Now how would that photo be on a new camera that Travis bought for the Cancun trip? Also, they talked about the pop rocks and tootsies pop in the sexcellphonecall on May 10? and that the pop rock - not so good, but the tootsie pops were OK. Past tense

NG / HLN on again...11pm CA time. (I missed it the first time around tonight)

I'll put it on the sidebar Ny, and sorry for the O/T on this thread, mods. :eek: I can only do emotes I know the code for, my box doesn't fill with the clickable ones. :(

Is Nurmi still chattering? No new tweets on the search page for 7 minutes.

Try this:
1. click on "reply"
2. click on "go advanced"
3. click on "more" underneath the emotes in the right-hand margin

This works on my system, hope it helps.

I hope this jury does the right thing this time.

My father or my brother would not be anywhere near that courtroom if they were going to put
nekked pics of me on a screen!!! OMG

BTW-Hi everybody..hope you are all well!!

Nurmi insists on calling the murder "the incident." I hope Juan points out that it was no mere "incident" but a murder where Arias killed Travis three times over.

I understand why Martinez couldn't call it a "murder" during the guilt phase, because the jury had not yet decided whether or not that's what it was. But now it is murder -- why does Nurmi still try to get away with calling it "the incident?" Please.

Yes, I agree they are truly grieving and should be allowed to express that. I am just surprised the judge allows it since they were told during the guilt phase that there could be no outbursts and they were also told they could not wear their pins--all while the killer's supporters were allowed to sit and laugh and whatnot, and wear the DV ribbons. It was an outrage and my post was certainly not to say the family of TA should not show grief for crying out loud.

Over and out.

IMO - Outbursts in court are not quietly crying or putting your head down to avoid seeing the photos of your murdered loved on. You are spot on about the Arias family, sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname