Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZL,

Just wondering the legalities of the "person in the car" situation. If that name was sealed, and the defense wanted that person to come and testify, would JSS be compelled or bound to leave their name under seal because of how it was provided in the guilt phase? Is it possible this is the reason that person is testifying in the dark? Although, I'm not sure who it could be or what testimony they could provide that would necessitate that?

Also, one other thought for levity...maybe they were able to get GOD to come and testify??

I don't remember why Gus was in the car or why it mattered who was with him, but no, there's no reason I can think of that this person's name would have to have been provided secretly then or now.

God, I'm pretty sure, would not want to keep his opinion secret. :)

It's late and I'm tired and I x'd out of an article I was reading so I can't reference it here BUT anyway. It's about the lawyers who are trying to reverse closing the courtroom. Apparently they aren't just appealing it, they have somehow stopped the witness from testifying until ruling. The defenses can call other witness but not this one until decision. Is that a good sign or positive sign that it will be overturned? They mean business!

The media lawyers have filed a stay request, which would do what you describe. They have to ask JSS for the stay first, and then they can ask the AZ Court of Appeals. The request has NOT been granted yet--it was only filed at the last minute today.

No, it's not him. :)

I'm really leaning toward the guy from New Zealand, who can't be forced to testify so has some leverage to insist on conditions.

Will Pitts at Channel 12 also mentioned that an undercover cop would be a possibility, although I can't think why one would be involved in this case.

I go for New Zealand guy as well...for mostly the same reasons...Bishop would be my next best guess...(and that's what they are ...big fat guesses ) ....after that ....I got nothin ....

I don't remember why Gus was in the car or why it mattered who was with him, but no, there's no reason I can think of that this person's name would have to have been provided secretly then or now.

God, I'm pretty sure, would not want to keep his opinion secret. :)

If I remember correctly, Gus was driving when Jodi potentially called him and was upset re: some incident with Travis. And the person in the car overheard the phone conversation.

I wish God could testify. That was one of my favorite Martinez Moments...JM:"Who else would be sure of your statement?" CMJA:"God" JM:"Well, God's not here, we can't subpoena him, right?" CMJA: "I don't think so..." JM: "Are you SURE?" :doh:

If I remember correctly, Gus was driving when Jodi potentially called him and was upset re: some incident with Travis. And the person in the car overheard the phone conversation.

I wish God could testify. That was one of my favorite Martinez Moments...JM:"Who else would be sure of your statement?" CMJA:"God" JM:"Well, God's not here, we can't subpoena him, right?" CMJA: "I don't think so..." JM: "Are you SURE?" :doh:

I think Gus had someone (married female) was in his car and "heard" Chris Hughes try to intimidate him about the......... I'm drawing a blank. It was at the first and a prosecutors misconduct something. Gus didn't want the woman's name released. Jodi was already in jail.

Maybe Jodi will have an "accident." Maybe she'll slip and fall on a knife 29 times, roll over on it cutting her throat, then manage to get her head in the way of a stray bullet, then somehow end up rotting naked in a shower for 5 days. (Clearly this LDS convert doesn't believe in God, or she wouldn't make such flippant cracks about God testifying.)

Maybe Jodi will have an "accident." Maybe she'll slip and fall on a knife 29 times, roll over on it cutting her throat, then manage to get her head in the way of a stray bullet, then somehow end up rotting naked in a shower for 5 days. (Clearly this LDS convert doesn't believe in God, or she wouldn't make such flippant cracks about God testifying.)

Sometimes when her antics drive me crazy, I just remember that she will have to answer for everything that she has done in this life, not just the murder but all of the hurt and manipulation as well. The wake of destruction the convicted murderer has created is very wide. Many people have had their lives affected because of her, as the Alexander siblings again demonstrated today. Even as much as I have disliked some of the things Nurmi and Wilmott have done, they are part of her wake as well (even if they participated in creating some of it).

Sorry to barge in with this interruption but my source, being someone who spent a lot of time on HLN related to this trial, tells me today that HLN is pulling out of covering this trial completely. I guess this means Nancy, Dr. Drew, everything. I don't get it anymore but did either of them cover it tonite?

There was no purpose other than to steer away from the real reason why she was in the interrogation room. Little did she know she would soon meet another short Mexican guy who would successfully prosecute her. Except he was not so harmless. Sweet!

"No IHOP for you!"

KCL…...No, I don't think they even talked about the media being shut out. One of the posters here said Nancy
Grace didn't bring up JA trial at all during her show. Not sure about Drew.

OMG I think I'm on to something. Maybe Nancy Grace pulled out cuz she's the mystery witness! :please::hills::silenced::saber::websleuther::doh:

Should I LOL or are you serious!

LOL

KCL…...No, I don't think they even talked about the media being shut out. One of the posters here said Nancy
Grace didn't bring up JA trial at all during her show. Not sure about Drew.

I love your edit "a word that isn't even a word". LMAO!

Sorry to barge in with this interruption but my source, being someone who spent a lot of time on HLN related to this trial, tells me today that HLN is pulling out of covering this trial completely. I guess this means Nancy, Dr. Drew, everything. I don't get it anymore but did either of them cover it tonite?

Nope... I had it on while doing Halloween cupcakes...not a mention of it....weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675