Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week Nov 20, 2014 - Trial Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder which side was able to argue what will be some "interesting" evidence into the trial for Monday? Considering the defence appears to still be at bat, I'm guessing it was LeClair? Other than Warmington, are we missing anyone from the defense witness list yet? And can they bring in a last minute witness? Like a relative maybe? A friend, a snake owner? ;)

So I wonder which side was able to argue what will be some "interesting" evidence into the trial for Monday? Considering the defence appears to still be at bat, I'm guessing it was LeClair? Other than Warmington, are we missing anyone from the defense witness list yet? And can they bring in a last minute witness? Like a relative maybe? A friend, a snake owner? ;)

Maybe Mr Magotta has decided to testify. That would definitely be interesting.

LM testifying would definitely be interesting. And I'd be really suspicious of anyone coming forward for the defense at this point named Manuel Lopez. ;)

How about Columbian mystery man?!

MOO

This is a new thread NSU. I think we were supposed to contact them before the beginning of last week. But they gave us a new one towards the end of the week. :)

Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli · 2m2 minutes ago
It's Day 34 at the Luka #Magnotta trial. Start of 9th week.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 7m7 minutes ago
Judge is here. Discussing legal matters. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Jury won't be in #Magnotta until 10:30

Must have been a long line up at the coffee shop?

:waiting:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s55 seconds ago
Judge has arrived. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 41s41 seconds ago
Hashing out legal matters. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 45s46 seconds ago
Back in #Magnotta. Waiting for jury.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Calling in the jury. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 37s37 seconds ago
Jury here. #Magnotta

Brigitte Noël ‏@Brige_Noel · 1m1 minute ago
Back at #Magnotta this morning... LOTS of behind the scenes deliberations. Jury only being brought in now.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 56s57 seconds ago
#Magnotta will not be sitting today, afterall.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 47s47 seconds ago
Judge tells jury they are not in a position at this stage to resume today but will do so tomorrow. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
#Magnotta will only sit tomorrow morning at 9:30

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 45s46 seconds ago
And the jury leaves. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
#Magnotta trial Day 34 aborted. Back tomorrow. #Magnotta #CJAD

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 1m1 minute ago
Well that was a sweet waste of time. Jury dismissed until tomorrow at #Magnotta

Well there you go. Whatever they are trying to get into this trial, whether it be the prosecution or the defense, it's apparently a tough call.

Now I'm really curious. :thinking:

Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli · 11m11 minutes ago
#Magnotta trial is over for the day. Defence expected to present its final witness tomorrow morning.

Hmmm....so who could this be that it's causing so many delays? :thinking:

Hmmm, something tells me Magnotta wants to take the stand... Is there anyway for the defence to call a witness but that crown is not allowed to cross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's this? I get my laundry done and there's no trial today?

Good grief, if LM takes the stand I'll......I'll.......I have no idea what I'll do!

:thinking:

Hmmm, something tells me Magnotta wants to take the stand... Is there anyway for the defence to call a witness but that crown is not allowed to cross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. If a defence witness gets up on the stand then the Crown is permitted to do a cross.

Whomever it is, they started hashing this out on Thursday. Spent Friday without the jury going over it. They were supposed to be ready for today and apparently are not. Could it really be LM?

MOO

Yeah, Kluka wants to take the stand but first the mean prosecutor has to promise not to ask him any difficult questions. :giggle: Poor Luka! Don't they know he can't play tennis anymore?!
Seriously though, they did allow his dad to testify with a "support person" so maybe they could be arguing about something like that? Or maybe he will only take the stand if they take that d*mn telescope away from Debbie first! :giggle:

The only other person I can think of who was supposed to testify for the defence is Romeo Salta, the lawyer who LM e-mailed about Manny. But that's not very interesting, we're all tired of hearing about Manny already.

Yeah, Kluka wants to take the stand but first the mean prosecutor has to promise not to ask him any difficult questions. :giggle: Poor Luka! Don't they know he can't play tennis anymore?!
Seriously though, they did allow his dad to testify with a "support person" so maybe they could be arguing about something like that? Or maybe he will only take the stand if they take that d*mn telescope away from Debbie first! :giggle:

The only other person I can think of who was supposed to testify for the defence is Romeo Salta, the lawyer who LM e-mailed about Manny. But that's not very interesting, we're all tired of hearing about Manny already.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Romeo Salta. And he's an attorney from New York. Maybe he's having a tough time clearing his schedule to give his testimony? It would be pretty redundant and out of order at this point though. I hope the jury is tired of hearing about Manny. I hope the jury is on board with the majority of the country (or at least the one's on twitter lol) who believe that LM planned and executed this murder.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members