Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fading...... Been awake since 5am stressing over Christmas, then this happened and my worries seemed very small. Who's going to try and stay up?

Tony got a promotion:

AFROMEDIA NEWS ‏@afromedianews 1m1 minute ago

#SydneySiege: Gunman asked negotiators to bring #ISIS Flag & be given audience with president.

The thought has crossed my mind that it could be the Dad of the girl that left Oz to join the fight and got killed and is now trying to Sue Tony Abbott for the government for allegedly allowing her to leave. Can't remember his name, looking for it now.

I posted this earlier today but someone pointed out that they don't look the same.

Terrorism is always divisive. Innocent people who are of the same religion as the organization claims affiliation with get persecuted because of that organizations actions. That is what the terrorists want it helps them recruit new members for their cause.
The world needs to stand together and condem the terrorist organization not the religion they claim to represent.

And while I'm on the subject of my fabulous friend, do you know what she does? She's a teacher, her father is a doctor, her husband is lovely and in a professional job, her son and my daughter are beautiful little friends. She teaches our children and she loves her job, she's passionate about her job and she is a good, no WONDERFUL person. I am FURIOUS that these this horrible situation has brought out such hatred and that more good and innocent people are going to suffer because of that.

I am very proud of #illridewithyou though. That's ace.

It hurts my heart too. :hug:

I'm fading...... Been awake since 5am stressing over Christmas, then this happened and my worries seemed very small. Who's going to try and stay up?

I'm fading fast too... I don't have a TVS in my room with TV aerial, so I might just try keep up with here and Twitter and see how long till I fall asleep...

BBC news are reporting on TV it may be a deranged lone wolf but the possibility of it being a terror attack is being taken seriously. I think deranged or not he has taken some kind of inspiration from ISIS and should be considered a terrorist.
This is an act of terror IMO.

Tony got a promotion:

AFROMEDIA NEWS ‏@afromedianews 1m1 minute ago

#SydneySiege: Gunman asked negotiators to bring #ISIS Flag & be given audience with president.

Lol. He could have been president but he campaigned for 'no' on the republic referendum.

I'll be here a while. Listening to ABC. My DD keeps running in here to ask what the news is. She's been worried all day....

I'm heading to bed. Godspeed to all, esp to the hostages and their families, and to our law enforcement personnel on the ground.

The thought has crossed my mind that it could be the Dad of the girl that left Oz to join the fight and got killed and is now trying to Sue Tony Abbott for the government for allegedly allowing her to leave. Can't remember his name, looking for it now.

I also looked for that this morning but it's not him. He's in brisbane & doesn't have the grey beard

If the hostages still have their phones maybe they can alert someone when this guy falls asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member