Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Spedding’s family say he is a kind and caring family man

TO family and friends Bill Spedding is a caring “softly-spoken” grandfather who lives for his wife and children.
So when news broke of the police search taking place at the Speddings’ Bonny Hills home this week in connection to one of the country’s most baffling missing persons cases, they were simply in disbelief.
“I would just like to let him know he has our full support. We feel he is innocent in this situation,” Mr Spedding’s niece Kylie Handsaker told The Daily Telegraph yesterday. “We know him so well. We know he is a loving, caring family man who would do anything for his wife and grandkids.
“I grew up in the area so I have been praying about the little boy who had gone missing and all I pray is that some truth comes out.
http://www.news.com.au/national/bil...aring-family-man/story-fncynjr2-1227193777963

Yeah, yeah, yeah (saying this to the report, not you, they'll get you)
They always say that. ALWAYS. I mean even that lowlife who drove his stolen car through the fence killing that 17 month old was a 'lovely guy' according to some ex-girlfriend of his.

And vice versa, a person could be a right asshat, generally speaking - but never commit a crime in their life. It's pretty meaningless.

It is also possible there are cultural sensitivities at play too.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I missed that too, is William 1/32 aboriginal or something?

Was keeping an eye on things?

William "Bill" Spedding's van was spotted at the scene of a massive manhunt for missing toddler William Tyrell before his house was searched as part of a homicide investigation.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/23/van-seen-scene-tyrell-search

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"It sat alone among police and emergency services cars."

Was anyone seen in the van?

Could WS be confirmed doing a repair at the time (with his alibi not likely)

If helping with the search someone had to have seen him

"It sat alone among police and emergency services cars."

Was anyone seen in the van?

Could WS be confirmed doing a repair at the time (with his alibi not likely)

If helping with the search someone had to have seen him

That was sleuthed here. I wondered when the media would pick up on it.

I want to know if WS was driving that van or if he had an assistant with access to it.

Why would someone drive there in his van and stick out like a sore thumb with all his details on the van? Was he framed, or just brazen and confident he wouldn't get caught?

Seems likely to me that as the van was the only non-police vehicle on the street, the police would have looked into whose van it was to see if it could be moved. Wonder how long it sat there for.
If it was his van, what are the chances that he had two jobs on the same street in Kendall in the same week. Possible, I guess ... but probable? Search parties were being coordinated from the showgrounds - keeps vehicles in one place and out of the way.

Also, if it was parked in the street for another job, does that mean that it would have been parked in the street for the grandma's job - and therefore be hard to see from the house due to the trees in front (if he had returned to the area on Friday morning, maybe according to phone pings). Some service people never park in your driveway. Others always park in your driveway.

The van was in the street 8 days afterwards, so he could have been there to do the repair he was supposed to do the week before, or perhaps he popped in on William's grandma after William went missing off and on, you know as a sort of concerned friend, if he has something to do with William's disappearance then perhaps that was also quite helpful to him in keeping abreast of developments .. side note, maybe that van had been there a few times and media had noticed and that's why it appeared in the article, perhaps BS is just a bit of a busy body by nature, and his 'over interest' in the investigation led to him being investigated?

Didn't grandma go to stay with someone else? Maybe the family stayed around and needed the washing machine? I don't imagine they left Kendall for quite a while, it would be so hard to leave without your boy. :(

True, maybe the family stayed in the house, I mean you'd want someone there because what if William wandered in, you'd never leave the house completely empty while there was hope.

Seems likely to me that as the van was the only non-police vehicle on the street, the police would have looked into whose van it was to see if it could be moved. Wonder how long it sat there for.
If it was his van, what are the chances that he had two jobs on the same street in Kendall in the same week. Possible, I guess ... but probable? Search parties were being coordinated from the showgrounds - keeps vehicles in one place and out of the way.

Also, if it was parked in the street for another job, does that mean that it would have been parked in the street for the grandma's job - and therefore be hard to see from the house due to the trees in front (if he had returned to the area on Friday morning, maybe according to phone pings). Some service people never park in your driveway. Others always park in your driveway.

Each tradesman is different but every time I have had one come over they have always parked in the driveway for easy access to their vehicle for spare parts/tools and what not..

Are all the blocks out there quite large? If they are, it is possible they are all set back further from the road than a normal house which would lead me to think he would park in the driveway not on the road.

I guess where I am getting at is was his van parked on the street because he was at a job or was it just parked there for him to sticky beak/help in the search?

Was keeping an eye on things?

William "Bill" Spedding's van was spotted at the scene of a massive manhunt for missing toddler William Tyrell before his house was searched as part of a homicide investigation.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/23/van-seen-scene-tyrell-search

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

or......... there were so many locals including older children looking for WT -- is it possible WS and his grands (older ones) were part of the search?

Each tradesman is different but every time I have had one come over they have always parked in the driveway for easy access to their vehicle for spare parts/tools and what not..

Are all the blocks out there quite large? If they are, it is possible they are all set back further from the road than a normal house which would lead me to think he would park in the driveway not on the road.

I guess where I am getting at is was his van parked on the street because he was at a job or was it just parked there for him to sticky beak/help in the search?

Yes, you are right. Why park on the road?

Hi, Newbie here.
Just wanted to say that I find it interesting when people say they can't picture somebody like WS being involved because he "looks like a nice bloke" or "his facebook is all normal stuff."
The number of times I have looked at the facebook page of somebody who has committed serious crimes, and they "look" normal. They have photos of themselves, happy and smiling with family and friends, they tell jokes, they post memes, they have plenty of people talking about normal everyday things with them.
How a person looks- either in their physical appearance, or in their facebook posts, means very little.

Maybe I am the only one, but I have had tradies not park in my driveway (and not at my request). I have also had other tradies park in my driveway. That is what I was getting at. Was he a park-inner or a park-outer?

Hi, Newbie here.
Just wanted to say that I find it interesting when people say they can't picture somebody like WS being involved because he "looks like a nice bloke" or "his facebook is all normal stuff."
The number of times I have looked at the facebook page of somebody who has committed serious crimes, and they "look" normal. They have photos of themselves, happy and smiling with family and friends, they tell jokes, they post memes, they have plenty of people talking about normal everyday things with them.
How a person looks- either in their physical appearance, or in their facebook posts, means very little.

Welcome HavenWood :seeya:

I agree ... can't judge a book by its cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member