Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I am not sleuthing him, just wondering if it was the same one. I know this Sam (Sammy), and yes, he has a daughter who would be about eleven now. I suppose I can find out if he knew CMJA. EEEK!!!

Would be tempting to ask him if he has any further insight, was she writing/texting him like she had TA and RB(plus who knows how many others...)?

Would be tempting to ask him if he has any further insight, was she writing/texting him like she had TA and RB(plus who knows how many others...)?

I will do my best IF it is the same SS, and I kinda' think it might be. He is LDS also.

That and the bit I pointed out from Vol.6,P.1-19, is all that was left apparently, all the rest TA had said was stolen. I thought I had read somewhere that the Hugheses may have had some of them, though perhaps that was in relation to his blog and not his written journals?

Sorry Val, I missed your earlier post. Thank you so much. :)

Carl ToersBijns' YouTube video about Arias the Manipulator made me think of this (skip to 3:18):

[video=youtu;E8znAorKguo]http://youtu.be/E8znAorKguo?t=3m18s[/video]

Can someone tell me where on Beth's site Travis' journals are, or are they there at all ? I couldn't find them under Travis' writings, or anywhere else I have looked there. TIA

Neesaki, have you tried the new thread on Travis' journals and texts? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271785-Travis-Alexander-s-Journals-and-text-messages

I don't get Beth's site now, but LambChop posted this link to his journals there: http://karasoncrime.com/error/?request=/jodis-journals/

I think, if memory serves correctly, she took the MCMI for the defense team. Samuels dx'd 'Personality Disorder Not Otherwise Specified' (or PD-NOS) which means that she exhibits significant problems in personality functioning but can't be neatly diagnosed using any of the existing PD categories.

I think they did pick and choose what tests they administered deliberately. What they weren't happy with, they simply manipulated in one form or another. The MMPI (State) is considered a better forensic tool - it's almost 600 questions and is written in such a way that malingering is often evident. The MCMI (Defense) is about 175 questions and is normed against clinical patients - as such many don't consider it appropriate for forensic use.

I can't recall if DeMarte used the MMPI or the MMPI-2 but 2 is by far the most popular and well researched. IMO, the defense used what psych tests would most likely slant in their favor.

JMO

BBM - I haven't reviewed the links given yet, but according to this:

http://www.thegoldpatrol.com/jodi-arias-trial.html

"1. After giving Jodi the MMPI 2, DeMarte was able to diagnose Jodi with Borderline Personality Disorder.
2. DeMarte also said Jodi has Anxiety Adjustment and Depression. An example of Anxiety Adjustment would be going from being a free woman to being incarcerated.
"

I just reviewed the tweets I'd saved for Feb.3/08 and both BK(not shown but at 10:18 states this) and Jen confirmed the MMPI 2 was administered:

"Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 26s27 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
MMPI 2 was also administered. Jodi's results were that she didn't appear to minimize her answers so DeMarte could use this test #jodiarias
"

Neesaki, have you tried the new thread on Travis' journals and texts? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271785-Travis-Alexander-s-Journals-and-text-messages

I don't get Beth's site now, but LambChop posted this link to his journals there: http://karasoncrime.com/error/?request=/jodis-journals/

Neesaki- I posted the link for you in the Travis journals/text thread. I'm not sure if you can get straight there without logging in. If not, go BK site, Members, Navigation, Trial Info, JA Journals. T's is the first part of Journal 6.

That and the bit I pointed out from Vol.6,P.1-19, is all that was left apparently, all the rest TA had said was stolen. I thought I had read somewhere that the Hugheses may have had some of them, though perhaps that was in relation to his blog and not his written journals?

I'm pretty sure she stole just the one journal, the one he said covered his time with Lisa. I think the Hughes did end up with the rest of his journals. Beats me how or why that came to happen. Maybe T's family gave them to the Hughes to use in writing their book?

I think, if memory serves correctly, she took the MCMI for the defense team. Samuels dx'd 'Personality Disorder Not Otherwise Specified' (or PD-NOS) which means that she exhibits significant problems in personality functioning but can't be neatly diagnosed using any of the existing PD categories.

I think they did pick and choose what tests they administered deliberately. What they weren't happy with, they simply manipulated in one form or another. The MMPI (State) is considered a better forensic tool - it's almost 600 questions and is written in such a way that malingering is often evident. The MCMI (Defense) is about 175 questions and is normed against clinical patients - as such many don't consider it appropriate for forensic use.

I can't recall if DeMarte used the MMPI or the MMPI-2 but 2 is by far the most popular and well researched. IMO, the defense used what psych tests would most likely slant in their favor.

JMO

This is my belief too and could be why some of the tests results weren't on the proper forms.

I think Juan needs to remind the jury at closing that JA spent a great deal of TIME after killing TA in that house. She ran two loads of clothes, we all know how long that takes; She tried to clean the place up but realized it was a wasted attempt, there was just too much blood. Although she cleaned herself up enough to not track thru the rest of the bedroom and house. She changed her socks and put her shoes on because they were not left there. I think she put the camera in the washer by mistake, scooped up with towels and etc and I believe she spent a lot of time looking for it before she left. But she knew she was running out of time before roommates came home so she just left, hoping the deleted photos would be enough. Never the less she spent a lot of time after the murder trying to cover her tracts to be a person in a FOG. And driving all those miles in a FOG? I don't think if I was on that jury I would buy a word of it.

Anybody know about Sarah & Cindy cutting her down??? Who are they? What was that all about??

Ya know? Who the heck cares (or knows) except the Goddess. Tell me, fellow Sleuthers: Who, among us, HASN'T felt the wrath of junior high/high school cliques? JA failed to expand and grow beyond those school-girl slights.

IMO, JA carried her emotional immaturity into the "Mesa scene," where she faced a closed, insular 'fellowship' based on religion. (Not meant to denigrate the Mormon religion.) Mesa is a major, early center for the LDS in the SW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Arizona_Temple
"The LDS temple in Mesa was one of the first to be constructed by the church."

Imagine JA's frustration when she was unable to fit in and be accepted, in spite of her newly-adopted 'good Mormon' persona.

She held onto her teenage anger throughout her entire life, trying to prove 'Sarah and Cindy' (and Mom, et al.) wrong, wrong, wrong. "I am beautiful; I am smart; I am worthwhile." When she found out the folks in Mesa had her figured out ... Boom.

Well so far, I found an entry in her journal Vol.4,(Bates 738) on Feb.15 where she said she had recently started an acct for the LDS Linkup and started searching for guys(she listed a bunch of prereqs..) then said this guy Sam and her had been messaging back and forth. On Feb.17/08 she'd noted that another girl had commented on his page saying he's the best single dad ever. She went on to write that it was a deal breaker for her. Last Journal, (Bates372,373) May 24/08, again talking about how Sam calls/texts consistently, now she says him having a child isn't a deal breaker, but she's not sure about wanting to live in Tucson... Anyway, unless he's one of those staying in touch with her in jail, he and his daughter are safe now.

The Sam I am talking about has never lived in Tucson, he lived in San Diego, CA, but has been in Utah for quite some time, he would be around 35. Must be a different SS. I am waiting for an email reply to find out for sure.

I’ve gone back and forth numerous times about my feelings toward Chris and Sky Hughes; especially the insane fiasco the defense made with those emails! I’ve been angry, disappointed, and I’ve also felt their real friendship and loyalty toward their friend. Whatever their intentions, whether completely pure or not, in writing this book, I personally will only purchase it if it is endorsed as a whole by Travis’ family. I’m not saying they wrote anything negative or overstepped boundaries in writing their book. But as has been discussed here before, since Travis’ death in 2008 there have been hearings, motions, trials, media reports, interviews, TV shows, documentaries, books, TV movies, ……….all dissecting the relationship between Arias and Travis, and by doing so defining the man Travis was. Defining their brother.

There will be people who will always believe all or part of Arias’ story, despite any number of books written to contradict her lies, and despite any books that portray Travis realistically. And I can't help but wonder about the privacy the Alexander family MAY be longing for, to finally have this trial over and their brother’s name no longer a subject of tweets, interviews, commentaries, articles, blogs, evening news recaps, even when it’s positive and painting the truth about their brother.

Could it be possible they just want silence for awhile? To have time, finally, to grieve their brother alone as a family. To remember him privately, carry on his traditions and legacy quietly, and have the luxury after all these years to decide when and if they want to publicly speak about him, and what they want to say, and to choose which memories to share and those memories they want to keep private.

For a family who has withstood years of torture, I have to wonder how many, if any, of them just want to quietly return to their lives, their families, friends, their jobs and do normal things that don’t have to be scheduled around trial dates. I guess I would just like to see them have the choice. They have had all control taken away from them when it comes to the murder of their brother and this despicable trial. When Arias is sentenced, I hope for them to find peace and do whatever they need to do in order to move toward health and healing. Give them their privacy and the control to share what they want, when they want, if they want. MOO of course.

I would READ a book written by the Hugheses. But I would BUY a book written by one of Travis's siblings who sat through all this court stuff, was in the judges chambers meetings, could talk about whatever Juan Martinez shared about his strategy, etc...... JMOO

Between the 5:30:30 and 5:31:14, then you see her dragging him by 5:32:16.
View attachment 69887
The camera had to have been swinging from her neck or arm on a strap to capture those photos, especially the dragging pictures. I cant see the camera on its own making its way from the bathroom out to the end of the hallway...being kicked around and then back again towards the shower. imo . Thoughts?

A Normal Young Lady is where Mr Z messed up his thinking. Juan proved she confronted all her boyfriends.
If Darryl was so in love he would not have moved out of that house. I believe he escaped. He needed to act like nothing was wrong with JA so his ex wouldn't hold it against him for having poor judgement. JA is evil and needs to accept she deserves the DP. It's almost over. Can't wait but I will miss JM and EF.
Hope we get to watch his next trial. :):)

I think Juan needs to remind the jury at closing that JA spent a great deal of TIME after killing TA in that house. She ran two loads of clothes, we all know how long that takes; She tried to clean the place up but realized it was a wasted attempt, there was just too much blood. Although she cleaned herself up enough to not track thru the rest of the bedroom and house. She changed her socks and put her shoes on because they were not left there. I think she put the camera in the washer by mistake, scooped up with towels and etc and I believe she spent a lot of time looking for it before she left. But she knew she was running out of time before roommates came home so she just left, hoping the deleted photos would be enough. Never the less she spent a lot of time after the murder trying to cover her tracts to be a person in a FOG. And driving all those miles in a FOG? I don't think if I was on that jury I would buy a word of it.
She states in her letter to the family dated 28 July 2008: " I ran out the front door, leaving behind my shoes,.......".

I doubt that sentence is true. It was never entered in evidence that female shoes were found at the crime scene. However, I dont know why she would make a point of saying that in the letter. Why add that detail?

She states in her letter to the family dated 28 July 2008: " I ran out the front door, leaving behind my shoes,.......".

I doubt that sentence is true. It was never entered in evidence that female shoes were found at the crime scene. However, I dont know why she would make a point of saying that in the letter. Why add that detail?

Maybe to back up her story of the intruders. If the shoes were never found then the ninjas must have taken them to blackmail her. Only reason I can think of. jmo

I'm pretty sure she stole just the one journal, the one he said covered his time with Lisa. I think the Hughes did end up with the rest of his journals. Beats me how or why that came to happen. Maybe T's family gave them to the Hughes to use in writing their book?

It's possible Travis gave Chris and Sky his journals in his will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member