MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....there are definitely similarities between her and Baby Doe!
I believe this should be looked into more.

I apologize if she has been ruled out already.
I am catching up on the thread and am replying to a post from yesterday.

Baby Doe's NAMUS has her listed as 37in tall, so she'd be shorter than Evelina. Evelina was 3'6". Of course, Evelina's height could be off as well.

I'm a white 30 year old mother of a 2 year old girl. I took her to a tattoo parlor and her ears pierced when she was 8 weeks old. It wasn't a cultural thing. I did it because I wanted her ears pierced and I didn't want to have to talk her into it when she was older. It was easy to care for her healing piercings when she was an infant. I have quite a few friends that have done the same with their baby girls.

The child victim of the Long Island Serial killer had pierced ears. If I recall correctly, there is quite a bit of discussion on that forum about the cultural significance of piercing baby ears. I thought of that as soon as it was released that Baby Doe's ears were also pierced.

I saw someone upthread make reference to the size clothing Baby Doe was wearing. They didn't actually say what the size was. Has that information been released anywhere?

I'm a white 30 year old mother of a 2 year old girl. I took her to a tattoo parlor and her ears pierced when she was 8 weeks old. It wasn't a cultural thing. I did it because I wanted her ears pierced and I didn't want to have to talk her into it when she was older. It was easy to care for her healing piercings when she was an infant. I have quite a few friends that have done the same with their baby girls.

The child victim of the Long Island Serial killer had pierced ears. If I recall correctly, there is quite a bit of discussion on that forum about the cultural significance of piercing baby ears. I thought of that as soon as it was released that Baby Doe's ears were also pierced.

I saw someone upthread make reference to the size clothing Baby Doe was wearing. They didn't actually say what the size was. Has that information been released anywhere?

I read that the leggings were size 4T but just rechecked on namus and it wasn't on there so will have to find the link where the size was reported.

Yep.....white mother, 39 years old. Had both of my girls pierced at 4 months. My now 8 year old will tell you she's so glad I did it when she was too little to remember. We had no issues with either one, and I have friends that have done the same and friends who have waited.

If you are following this case and you aren't familiar with the Baby Grace case out of Texas, you should read up on that one.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-murder-of-Riley-Ann-Sawyers-2-Baby-Grace

In that case, mom moved with her baby girl from Ohio to Texas to marry a man she met online. The girl was murdered by the couple and then dumped in Galveston Bay. She was found months later and went unidentified for a couple of weeks because no one knew she as missing. Mom had told her family back in Ohio that CPS had taken the child into custody.

There are too many reason that a child can be missing for some time before people really take notice.

I was just comparing Baby Doe's stats to my own children's baby books. I have her at 30lbs and 37".

My son has always sat right around the 100th percentiles for both height and weight. He was 29.8lbs and 35.5" at his 18 month well check appointment. He was 33.5lbs and 38.5" at his 2 year well check appointment. He wore a 2T/3T in that time frame. Like I said, he's big but he's not THAT big.

Baby Doe is closer to 3 than 5. I also think those pants were big on her, very big. I have 3 kids under 5. I'm super familiar with toddler sizes and clothing brands. Circo runs true to size.

hey yall, i'm new, joined a few days ago specifically to post to this thread but had to await confirmation lol, so a lot has happened so I'm sorry if this has been resolved already, I'm not trying to be annoying! :)

someone brought up that this could be April Bowdish, and that's precisely what i signed up to note and just wanted to add my voice to that suggestion. i'm having a lot of trouble navigating so i can't find if there has been followup to that.

(thanks for bearing with me!)

hey yall, i'm new, joined a few days ago specifically to post to this thread but had to await confirmation lol, so a lot has happened so I'm sorry if this has been resolved already, I'm not trying to be annoying! :)

someone brought up that this could be April Bowdish, and that's precisely what i signed up to note and just wanted to add my voice to that suggestion. i'm having a lot of trouble navigating so i can't find if there has been followup to that.

:wagon:

haha thank you!! :)

I was just comparing Baby Doe's stats to my own children's baby books. I have her at 30lbs and 37".

My son has always sat right around the 100th percentiles for both height and weight. He was 29.8lbs and 35.5" at his 18 month well check appointment. He was 33.5lbs and 38.5" at his 2 year well check appointment. He wore a 2T/3T in that time frame. Like I said, he's big but he's not THAT big.

Baby Doe is closer to 3 than 5. I also think those pants were big on her, very big. I have 3 kids under 5. I'm super familiar with toddler sizes and clothing brands. Circo runs true to size.
i don't have children myself but looking through the records of missing children i've noticed a LOT of one and a half-two year olds can fit into this size category, so i'm wondering why it is supposed that Baby Doe is 3-5? maybe it's her teeth? idk. if she really is 4ish or 5ish she seems unusually small? i mean she could just be a small kid i guess lol

haha thank you!! :)

i don't have children myself but looking through the records of missing children i've noticed a LOT of two year olds can fit into this size category, so i'm wondering why it is supposed that Baby Doe is 3-5? maybe it's her teeth? idk

I also can't get past the amount of baby fat that is depicted in her cheeks. Kids lose the chubbiness in their faces between ages 3-4. I really don't think it's possible at all that Baby Doe is 5.

I don't put much stock into clothing sizes.
4T doesn't necessarily mean she is 4 years old. She could be bigger 3 year old and so she wears 4T clothing, or she could actually be 4-5 years of age.
My brother is 3 and wears 2T bottoms and either a 2T or a 3T shirt. And he's the proper weight/height for his age.

For this reason alone, I think children between 3 and 5 need to be considered.

Welcome to WS. According to NAMUS these are the only children who have been ruled out thus far:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Shoshana Black 1994 Massachusetts
Gibbs Cassidy 2010 California
Aliya Lunsford 2008 West Virginia
Paula A. Ramerez - Figuroa 2013 California
ayla reynolds 2010 Maine

Welcome to WS. According to NAMUS these are the only children who have been ruled out thus far:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Shoshana Black 1994 Massachusetts
Gibbs Cassidy 2010 California
Aliya Lunsford 2008 West Virginia
Paula A. Ramerez - Figuroa 2013 California
ayla reynolds 2010 Maine

oh thank you for pulling this up for me! it seems they've compared against two more kids since a few days ago, i'm glad they're checking as many plausible leads as they can.

i don't know why April Bowdish struck me so strongly as a possibility. i'm remembering just now though that in the missing record, they listed her height and weight similarly to Baby Doe's, so maybe that's a bit implausible lol, you'd think she'd have grown by then.

Hi all! I've tried to resist posting on this case because I've had alot going on lately. But this is so terrible for this little one to be thrown away like trash so I thought I would chime in with some initial thoughts.

I saw on the news that Deer Island is also accessible by boat. Also, there is a possibility the Mother of this child is also dead. I suspect she could have been a prostitute and her little girl was present but sleeping during a date with a John. I think this little girl was sleeping with her blanky based on the items of clothing found with her body.

I'm exporing this theory because of the LISK case. A toddler was found fully intact on the beach where the GB4 and the body parts of other dismembered victims were found strewn about. Cause of death couldn't be found and no trama to the body, IIRC. Some dismembered remains of the toddler's mother were found in a different location from the toddler. Neither have been identified. The victims who have been identified were all sex workers.

The lisk likes to dispose near water and beaches and the two locations are fairly close in proximity by boat or vehicle. (I personally think LISK migrates up and down the east coast via boat) It may be something or it may be nothing but I just wanted to mention it. I hope LE interviews local sex workers to see if someone hasn't been seen in a while. There's a good chance the Mother hasn't been reported missing.

I'm looking forward to reading the toxicology report on this sweet child. Rest in Peace Little One. :(

moo

Interesting theory. I wonder if anyone has run it past LE? And it might be worth hanging posters of Baby Doe in areas frequented by prostitutes, regardless of the possible serial killer involvement.

Another possibility: one or both parents is in the military, deployed elsewhere. Quite a common situation around New England due to several Air National Guard bases being here.

If the trusted caregiver is responsible, the parents might not even be aware of the situation yet.

That makes me wonder how close the sketch is to her actual features.
I'm wondering how far off the sketch might be. Wish they would consider a 2nd independent artist to do another sketch.

Sorry to be in and out and missing some of the discussion. Can someone who might have some insight explain why the digital artist would have decided to put the baby's hair back the way they did and also in what looks to be a denim shirt? Is this just artistic license or supposed to be telling us this is how her hair likely was and what her shirt might have looked like. I suppose it could be "imagining" her in a normal setting. But this brings in to question things like bangs, earrings, whether or not she was actually wearing a top... also someone else mentioned it but I am thinking the blanket could have just been tossed in with her as a means of disposing of evidence, as opposed to a kind gesture.

Someone on here mentioned earlier about all children that age having a similar look to them. I work with 3-5 yr.old's. All of my kids imo have their own distinct look to them. And 4T clothing could belong to any child between the ages of 3-5 depending on their height and weight. Comparing her pict. to my kids, she does look more like an older 3-yr.old. or very young 4. All of this is just :moo: based on the children I work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26