ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the campsite a pack in pack out area?

If there was a dirty diaper from before the family went to the store at 1 pm on Friday, why wouldn't they take it and any other trash to dispose of in town at that time?

Nobody uses that route to go camp. To use it you have to ford the second largest tributary to the lemhi river (Big Timber Creek). Also that road is way worse then the main path up to the campground. Last time I was there, there was also a gate on the south side of the ford. It's not impossible to drive but it's definitely not a shortcut.
I thought that might be the case. It didn't look like it would be much of a road, but when I typed in directions from Idaho Falls to Stone Reservoir, that is what it came up with on Google Earth.

I cannot believe a Mountain Lion snatched DeOrr from a campsite with four adults and nobody saw or heard anything. The timing was all wrong, middle of the day, and they have to drag their catch to where they are taking them. This would leave drag marks, shoe, sock, shorts etc.

Plus the little guy was wearing boots that were too big as previously mentioned over and over again. They would have fallen off and been found.

Each of us have argued our points on this subject and have made interesting scenarios but my opinion is it was not a Mountain Lion.

My own theory is that he is in the water somewhere close by.

MOO

Yes, I would accept it anywhere else. Trying to walk that thin TOS line. :) I think it's highly unlikely someone else hijacked the grandmother's FB account. However, and I hope I don't get snipped, since I'm generally suspicious in this case and we don't know much about JM's relationship with her mother, I'm not 100% sure how much we can rely on the mother's statements. She could be mad that JM and DK are throwing her father under the bus. She could be mad that they took her grandchild somewhere with IR. she could be mad at her daughter for "losing" her grandchildren... This is pure speculation with nothing to back it up, but it's why I am not able to trust what was said on FB is true and accurate. JMO.

Well I hadn't thought of all of that but you are certainly right.

OK.....I've been racking my brain for days and days and I'm stumped...What does TOS stand for? I know once you tell me, I'll say something like..."Oh, duh" or "Of course!"

Somebody way back posted a link for acronyms used on this site and of course I didn't save it...Can somebody post it again for me?

Thanks so much!

BBM
You bring up a good point. I understand why people ask for links so that gossip, preconceived personal opinions, etc. do not become "facts" and grow legs. The mods insist on links constantly. Personally I get nervous when someone asks me for a link, not because I'm making something up, but I worry that I won't be able to put my hands on the article, or the article has been edited, or my computer decides it is time to throw me offline (happens numerous times). Thankfully I have been able to verify what I stated or a kind poster comes along and posts whatever is being asked for.

My question is do we have to provide a link for information that has been put here on this forum numerous times? Do we have to go find it every time someone asks or can we just direct people to look themselves? (not being snarky - I really want to know because the "link please" always sends me into a :scared: )

I understand getting frustrated with people who ask for a link that has been posted numerous times in a thread! I usually try to keep a text document with relevant links so I can refer back to them later and post them easily if a newbie asks. I can't do that on my iPad, though. I've read all the threads on DeOrr and didn't see links that supported Gitana's statement. I don't believe they've already been posted here, but it's possible I missed them.

The mods have a list of relevant links on the first page of each thread, so it's pretty easy to refer someone there, too, rather than saying "look it up yourself!"

OK.....I've been racking my brain for days and days and I'm stumped...What does TOS stand for? I know once you tell me, I'll say something like..."Oh, duh" or "Of course!"

Somebody way back posted a link for acronyms used on this site and of course I didn't save it...Can somebody post it again for me?

Thanks so much!

"terms of service"

:)

Basically ... the rules.

Just jumping off your post, nervous nellie. I think some people ask for a link if what is being posted is not what they believe.

If I ask you for a link, it is because I am keeping track of the media links and am trying to make sure we have most of the relevant articles in the Timeline and Media thread.
I promise I won't :pillowfight: if you don't have a link.

When I ask for a link, it's not because I don't believe the original poster. It's because I want more information and to learn. Even if someone doesn't agree with a poster, isn't the point of posting a link to back up your post and help the "asker" learn something they obviously don't know? I don't understand the point of everyone just posting opinions and expecting others to take them as fact. Sleuthing is based on "facts", not opinions. Of course, when we're low on facts, we tend to speculate, brain storm and opine. That's okay, but no substitute for documented "facts".

ETA: JMO

Thanks so much!

There's an old thread about some of the frequently used abbreviations/acronyms here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-NO-DISCUSSION

TOS = Terms of Service

If there was a dirty diaper from before the family went to the store at 1 pm on Friday, why wouldn't they take it and any other trash to dispose of in town at that time?

They went to the store and were back by 1 pm according to DK in the long interview. Just clarifying that point so it doesn't add confusion to this already confusing case.

If you were home and your baby soiled his diaper, would you immediately take it to the trash transfer station? Have you ever been camping? You kind of get into a routine with the trash, just like you do at home. You either collect all the trash and take it out with you at the end of the camping trip, or you plan daily or occasional, "trash runs" to properly dispose of your trash at one time. I'm sure they didn't think, oh we have to take that stinky diaper with us when we run to the store.

I was just thinking about how someone happened to be disposing of human cremains in the same area and at the same time they were searching for little Deorr. It's just a rather strange and bizarre twist IMO, and especially unfortunate that it interfered with the search. Maybe I've watched too many horror movies and read too many horror stories, some unfortunately true, but I sure hope they thoroughly checked those people out.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...ack-campground-search-efforts-for-deorr-kunz/
“It’s pretty disappointing,” Bowerman said to HLN. “Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area.”

They went to the store and were back by 1 pm according to DK in the long interview. Just clarifying that point so it doesn't add confusion to this already confusing case.

If you were home and your baby soiled his diaper, would you immediately take it to the trash transfer station? Have you ever been camping? You kind of get into a routine with the trash, just like you do at home. You either collect all the trash and take it out with you at the end of the camping trip, or you plan daily or occasional, "trash runs" to properly dispose of your trash at one time. I'm sure they didn't think, oh we have to take that stinky diaper with us when we run to the store.

That's what I was thinking too. And if we don't know where they drop their trash* we don't know whether or not it was on the way to the store. I wouldn't want to drive 10 minutes in one direction only to turn around and drive 20 - 30 minutes (at least?) in another.

*Maybe someone knows? Or we can find it and make another map! I'm bad at making maps hint, hint.

Just for discussion what do you think the FBI's role will be in all of this?

At first I thought 'the FBI is coming' and I could see trucks and men and helmets and guns.

Then reality hit and now I am thinking they might be a team of under 10 persons and what they will do is examine all the evidence the local Sheriff has assembled and perhaps come to conclusions about what will be done next.

Does anybody happen to know just what their role will be in Mission DeOrr?

TIA

MOO

That's what I was thinking too. And if we don't know where they drop their trash* we don't know whether or not it was on the way to the store. I wouldn't want to drive 10 minutes in one direction only to turn around and drive 20 - 30 minutes (at least?) in another.

*Maybe someone knows? Or we can find it and make another map! I'm bad at making maps hint, hint.

A lot of places will have a sign you cannot dump trash in their containers. They pay to have their trash picked up and don't want anybody using their facilities for their own trash.

Not being a camper I donno. Just putting it out there.

A lot of places will have a sign you cannot dump trash in their containers. They pay to have their trash picked up and don't want anybody using their facilities for their own trash.

Not being a camper I donno. Just putting it out there.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant about having to drive 10 minutes in another direction. There might be remote campsites where you have to pack it out and take it all the way home, but every place I've been (though I rarely go to primitive sites) has had a special dumping/trash station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member