Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

If it's really a class ring it would have to be JNHS (High School). JHNS wouldn't make much sense unless it's a class ring for a Night School.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

If it's really a class ring it would have to be JNHS (High School). JHNS wouldn't make much sense unless it's a class ring for a Night School.

Something Something Nursing School. Or someone's name that was Jxxx Hxxx Nxxxx School.

Some meanings I found for JNHS: Junior National Honor Society, Japanese National Honor Society, Jim Ned High School

It's a C, that is my initial. I remember growing up and "hating" that script of my initial because it looks nothing like "C". So yes, it is a "C" and not a "J" or "Jo". lol

Do you think the mark that looks like an "o" could be a water stain or some kind of anomaly on the photo?

Her case is no longer available to the public. I wonder why? Has anyone heard anything about her?

Probably no longer missing. I think another sleuther discovered she was in jail.

Okay, heartgoesout, since you're good at this, riddle me this one: does the ring in the following thread say JNHS or JHNS?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tFem-UP8909-18-30-JNHS-1917-Class-Ring-May-74

I don't think it would be a high school ring. How many people could afford a high school ring in 1917? A gift for a graduate of John Hopkins School of Nursing would be my best guess.
Or initials such (as EXAMPLE ONLY) John Henry and Nora Smith

I could bang my head ! One would think a a ring would help not frustrate an investigation.

Do you think the mark that looks like an "o" could be a water stain or some kind of anomaly on the photo?

I think the engraving was done by hand rather than a computerized lazer engraving that would have produced cleaner, smoother lines.

Yep, she was found by someone earlier in this thread, in jail.

Yep, she was found by someone earlier in this thread, in jail.

I believe that was the sluether "alllads" who first reported that the State of NH showed Siobhan Hameline as being in jail at the moment. Alllads reported this to NamUs and they seem to have taken action on it. I believe that NamUs has to confirm information like Alllads' with local authorities before the take a Missing Person record off line, which might have taken a while. They acted much more quickly on a couple of missing persons records of theirs that people on this thread, including KaylaraOwl, had found on line.

Alllads and KaylaraOwl, did NamUs acknowledged your assistance to them? I'm curious to know.

Thanks for that! I never got a response to my email, but I did send it while they were closed (and got an out of office reply), so presumably it just got lost... Annoying, because I emailed back on the 6th of January! I emailed about a different no-longer-missing person on the 7th to a different area admin and that one has been deleted.

Some case workers do not reply, drives me nuts. I usually email back asking if they got my email unless I can see they did; like a gal I entered never went online. I emailed 2 weeks ago asking what's holding it up; that night I got the email that her profile had updates. I checked, she was online. No clue why the case worker didn't reply.

I checked on the three other women listed on NamUs that various WS members had researched in connection with the Ridley Creek UID and concluded were no longer missing. I used the NamUs URLs that had earlier returned records for them. Karessa Dewitt's record ( https://www.findthemissing.org/en/searches/) seems to have been taken down altogether (her URL now redirects to a NamUs search template). Emma Byrnes' URL (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28115/1477) still brings up her record. Lacie N. Swan's (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23734/107) returns "Permission Error - Case Access Denied. The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY. Please log in to view the case." Siobhan Hameline's record also returns the same Permission Error. I guess that's NamUs' way of retiring a missing person record without losing their history of it.

Yes; NamUs takes the case off line, usually shows permission error

I don't know Emma Byrnes case worker Dustin Driscoll but he needs contacted if she is not missing

I believe that was the sluether "alllads" who first reported that the State of NH showed Siobhan Hameline as being in jail at the moment. Alllads reported this to NamUs and they seem to have taken action on it. I believe that NamUs has to confirm information like Alllads' with local authorities before the take a Missing Person record off line, which might have taken a while. They acted much more quickly on a couple of missing persons records of theirs that people on this thread, including KaylaraOwl, had found on line.

Alllads and KaylaraOwl, did NamUs acknowledged your assistance to them? I'm curious to know.

Nope, I never heard back at all, and I haven't for any of the the other no-longer-missing ones I have ever sent. I've sent about a dozen, maybe a bit more, over the past 3 years. All of them were removed after I emailed, but I've never received a response. A few of these were cases where the person had actually been arrested since, but most were very elderly people that had since died. I take them following through as acknowledgement enough, though, so it's fine with me.

Nope, I never heard back at all, and I haven't for any of the the other no-longer-missing ones I have ever sent. I've sent about a dozen, maybe a bit more, over the past 3 years. All of them were removed after I emailed, but I've never received a response. A few of these were cases where the person had actually been arrested since, but most were very elderly people that had since died. I take them following through as acknowledgement enough, though, so it's fine with me.
Same here.

Here's the script ring flipped right side up. I think the stone might be greenish.

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/tidewayscript.php
This is one of the fonts that I thought came close to the "C" on the ring.
The weather has not been the best, however this weekend is supposed to be 60's. I hope there will be more people walking and if they see a flyer or something posted, may recall something.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87634&d=1453177574

I admire your attitude, and I agree that getting action on the substance is the important thing, but it's disappointing to hear that NamUs doesn't do a better job of communicating with the public. People like you are a valuable resource and NamUs should be cultivating those relationships if it really wants to be effective in the internet age.

I haven't read the whole thread and I know Cheryl Iacovone has been missing since 1977 but have they checked her out? They could be off on how long the person has been there. With the ring possibly having a C on it and her having been heading to Ridley to see her bf who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking
Back