Found Alive TX - Christine Woo (fnd dec'd), 39, & 3 kids, Frisco, 28 March 2016

I think it was intended to be a murder-suicide. I believe she drugged the children by putting something into their McDonald's food/drink, then took an overdose herself. She held the little one and they all drifted off to sleep. I think she probably thought that even if the overdose didn't kill them, the heat in the car would finish the job.

I find it hard to believe the 16-month-old would still be "clutched" in her arms unless she was sedated to begin with. She probably slept so long that she became dehydrated and lethargic and too weak to move once she woke. Because seriously, what 16-month-old is going to stay in one place that long?

Poor Christine. If my theory is correct she must have been in severe mental anguish. I hope she is at peace now.

Your thoughts match mine exactly, though I'm holding out some hope it was a medical issue.

If she were indeed distraught and suicidal, she may have been thinking that her DH would be incapable (for whatever reason) of being a single parent to three young kids, and it was in everyone's best interest to "end it all." Of course, that is muddled thinking, but could explain why she did what she apparently did with all three kids in that car.

It is so common to feel overwhelmed with young kids. Let this be a reminder to us, perhaps especially those of us who are older and have already "survived" those early motherhood years, to be kind, encouraging, and supportive of moms with young children. We have the perspective to know the stage doesn't last forever, and we also have the experience of knowing what it's like to be in that stage. When you're in the midst if it, it doesn't seem like it will ever end! So, let's keep that in mind with any moms we know or encounter. Moms need some mothering too sometimes.

They were focusing on her charges that day as since the last was McDonald's they probably weren't thinking more shopping. Made assumed car ran off the road...

Maybe she chose the car instead of home because the kids would be safe in the car seats vs. home where they could get into a lot of situations until found.

I think it was intended to be a murder-suicide. I believe she drugged the children by putting something into their McDonald's food/drink, then took an overdose herself. She held the little one and they all drifted off to sleep. I think she probably thought that even if the overdose didn't kill them, the heat in the car would finish the job.

I agree. That's why she didn't take the pills at her house - she didn't want the husband to be able to rescue anyone. And that's why she left her phone, which could have been tracked, at home. That's why she put up the sunshades. I wonder if the toxicology report on the children will be released to the general public or if HIPPA applies Since they are still alive.

Maybe she chose the car instead of home because the kids would be safe in the car seats vs. home where they could get into a lot of situations until found.

That's a good point, especially if she assumed they would be found more quickly than they were.

However, it's hard for to me to reconcile what seems to be a loving and sophisticated mother to subjecting her children to close-range witness of her death. I think she sedated them, either with the intention of administering a fatal dosage or at least a dosage that kept them sleeping while she passed away.

IDK.

JMO.

I agree. That's why she didn't take the pills at her house - she didn't want the husband to be able to rescue anyone. And that's why she left her phone, which could have been tracked, at home. That's why she put up the sunshades. I wonder if the toxicology report on the children will be released to the general public or if HIPPA applies Since they are still alive.

Another good point. I only wish Christine could've realized how many people were willing to try to understand her in life.

Also good point about HIPPA, not to mention that the children don't need news coverage about them. We might get very sparse information because of that. Rightly so.

Why wouldn't she just take the sleeping pills at home? It's not like she was hidden away. Tuck the kids in bed and go to sleep herself. Seems weird. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why didn't she take her phone? The tracked phone would allow the kids to be safely found before nightfall.

Another good point. I only wish Christine could've realized how many people were willing to try to understand her in life.

Also good point about HIPPA, not to mention that the children don't need news coverage about them. We might get very sparse information because of that. Rightly so.

I'd also like to know if Christine had started taking an SSRI to treat her recent depression. I don't know if HIPPA applies to dead people. I am on such a fence about SSRIs but think it's useful information to have when there are suicides or familicide being done by overwhelmed people.

Why wouldn't she just take the sleeping pills at home? It's not like she was hidden away. Tuck the kids in bed and go to sleep herself. Seems weird. Jmo

Yeah, she could've taken the pills at bedtime while the kids were safely tucked in their beds. Husband wakes up in morning, deed is done, but kids are safe. IMHO, the left-behind phone, sunshades, cryptic reports of being overwhelmed, and private parking place look like an attempt at familicide.

I sometimes search about Brian Short, the Minnesota dad who had so much going for him, yet fell into such a deep depression he felt it best to murder his wife and sweet babies to prevent them from suffering. And, of course, Andrea Yates.

Even if Christine gave the kids small doses of sleeping pills so she could suicide herself in peace, she wouldn't have left the phone at home, put up the sunshade, closed the windows, and locked the car. I really think this was an attempted familicide. But will we ever know, as releasing the toxicology reports of the kids is probably against HIPPA.

Have I missed something? Has it been mentioned that she did take sleeping pills?

Sorry - I can't find where the discussion about her chosen location for taking the pills began.

Yeah, she could've taken the pills at bedtime while the kids were safely tucked in their beds. Husband wakes up in morning, deed is done, but kids are safe. IMHO, the left-behind phone, sunshades, cryptic reports of being overwhelmed, and private parking place look like an attempt at familicide.

I sometimes search about Brian Short, the Minnesota dad who had so much going for him, yet fell into such a deep depression he felt it best to murder his wife and sweet babies to prevent them from suffering. And, of course, Andrea Yates.

Even if Christine gave the kids small doses of sleeping pills so she could suicide herself in peace, she wouldn't have left the phone at home, put up the sunshade, closed the windows, and locked the car. I really think this was an attempted familicide. But will we ever know, as releasing the toxicology reports of the kids is probably against HIPPA.

Well, if it was attempted familicide, there will be charges and the tox tests on the kids would be public information.

It doesn't seem likely (to me anyway) that she would stop first thing in the morning to pick up her child's eczema meds if she were planning a murder/suicide while out and about.

Have I missed something? Has it been mentioned that she did take sleeping pills?

Sorry - I can't find where the discussion about her chosen location for taking the pills began.

There isn't any reports of her taking sleeping pills. There was an non-credible MSM report that she bought sleeping pills at Walgreens in spite of credible reports that she picked up a prescription for a child's skin crème. Just another rumor that now has become fact.

There is zero credible information out there that this is in fact a suicide. There again is unverified information that she was depressed and overwhelmed and therefore suicidal. The husband reports she was not and acquaintances state she "appeared" or "sounded" overwhelmed. What mother out there with three kids under six wouldn't be?

I think the speculation on this being a suicide is unfair to this family. Trying to find the husband somehow at fault is so uncharitable. They have suffered an incredible loss and have many hurdles ahead of them. How about we have some compassion for this father who now has to learn to live life without his wife, for these children who now have to learn to live without their mother, for her family who have to learn to live without her. Is it so difficult t believe this just could be a natural death at a very inopportune time?

There isn't any reports of her taking sleeping pills. There was an non-credible MSM report that she bought sleeping pills at Walgreens in spite of credible reports that she picked up a prescription for a child's skin crème. Just another rumor that now has become fact.

There is zero credible information out there that this is in fact a suicide. There again is unverified information that she was depressed and overwhelmed and therefore suicidal. The husband reports she was not and acquaintances state she "appeared" or "sounded" overwhelmed. What mother out there with three kids under six wouldn't be?

I think the speculation on this being a suicide is unfair to this family. Trying to find the husband somehow at fault is so uncharitable. They have suffered an incredible loss and have many hurdles ahead of them. How about we have some compassion for this father who now has to learn to live life without his wife, for these children who now have to learn to live without their mother, for her family who have to learn to live without her. Is it so difficult t believe this just could be a natural death at a very inopportune time?

Thank you. You said what I have been wanting to from the start. Next comment pending coroners report.

im gonna wait til the toxicolgy report comes in. i dont want to accuse someone who cant defend herself of suicide/familicide. im hoping and praying it isnt the suicide/familiacide route cause i have no idea. this case is mind boggling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back