OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scariest scenario possible. Completely random targeting of a family. Saw them somewhere (at the hospital?) together, followed them, killed them.

This would definitely be a very scary scenario and I thought this might be the case and it certainly would make it toughter to solve. But know I am leaning toward it being someone they knew and someone they knew very well. Of course, I have no inside knowledge - just a gut feeling.

True. I also feel like most people's stomachs turn at the thought of killing a child, whether they're familiar with the child or not. I think this killing was to serve a purpose, not to fulfill some sick bloodlust. The multiple gunshots they suffered could indicate that the murderers were looking for information, or it could just indicate that they were REALLY angry with the Rhodens and wanted them to suffer. Maybe it just felt cathartic. But whether it was personal or business, the killing was about something all of the older Rhodens had in common, and that the little ones were not a part of.

In my studies of sociopath personalities, I read that they often relate to very young children as they see their own stolen innocence in them. They would have not one shred of empathy for someone who they perceived as in their way. They can "play" at fitting in, but there are always cracks in the mask. From near the beginning, as I was randomly researching, I became intrigued by a member of LE who had a lot to lose and also could fit such a profile. Until further information is provided this person remains my preliminary suspect.

And if family is denying having any knowledge of these grow operations.. Then why would they be a target if it comes down to involving that.

Nothing. Is. Adding. Up.
I still don't discount retribution for something due to KY and it got Chris and family because Gary was involved with Chris.

I've been following this since the beginning. Since less than 24 hours after, I've felt that everything comes down to either robbery or revenge. Robbery is the simplest explanation and I had a post back in thread 2 where I speculated a robbery theory. I still keep coming back to one huge question that I can not answer to my satisfaction.

If robbery were the motive, why would the Sheriff and the AG warn the remaining families to arm themselves?

I have been all over the place, and I started to follow this right after it happened, too. I think this revenge for a wrong or a perceived wrong and might even have to do with a financial gain of some sort. I do think the family and the killers were acquainted in some way. That would explain how they got in so easily and were able to pull this off and get out without detection. I don't think anyone in the family even saw this coming because it would appear they were caught completely off-guard.

The motive might turn out to be something that is right under everyone's noses, but like the forest, it is hard to see for the trees.

Timeline of news articles relating to Sheriff Charles Reader's war on the drug epidemic in Pike County, Ohio

http://www.newswatchman.com/article_57ddaaa5-8896-5c9a-8f47-d7e1f8592314.html
In 2015, Sheriff Reader secured a grant of $16,800 to "fund a county-wide drug blitz." The money went towards providing "hours of overtime for deputies to work drug interdictions and saturations through the county, enforcing laws, and searching for illegal drugs, in addition to equipment purchases that are necessary to utilize when working to remove drugs from the street."

--------------------------------
June, 2015
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_c469babe-dcfa-58a7-b7e6-628705b31a5d.html

-------------------------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_3b1b14cf-ebc7-504c-b7e1-c1061bf6ffae.html
June 2015

July 2015
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_54ec00dd-208d-58bc-8921-6f5f68ebea47.html
Reader stated that he believes the recent drug arrest is sending a clear message to drug dealers in the area: “Deal drugs in Pike County, and you will go to jail.”

Reader encourages anyone struggling with an addiction to contact him, and he will get them in contact with someone who can help them. However, Reader stated, “If you don’t seek help, you will end up going to jail.”

---------------------------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_b695f018-a29a-55f1-ac27-7de5066569d0.html
July 2015
“I knew there were many problems with drug trafficking in this county, but I never thought we would come to the point where we’d be finding possible explosives. We took every precaution to make sure the environment was safe,” said Sheriff Reader. “Thankfully, the combined effort of various law enforcement agencies combined with tips from the public allowed us to make a safe entry without incident. As long as we continue to work together with other agencies and the community continues to work with us to give us information that we may be lacking, it all comes together and ends up with a group effort to clean up drugs off the streets, get stolen property back, and make areas safer again for people who do not want to live alongside those trafficking in drugs.

-----------------------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_c96400a0-b588-5334-9a82-6579ed0f27c4.html
July 2015

----------------------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_a03fe839-3ea5-5822-90f1-b9d3e8ae638f.html
August 2015

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_4ecb9ef3-363e-53ec-ad2b-b7895a36ddc6.html
October 2015

-------------------------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_10dcce40-9c6b-5796-a119-c7ef753a4074.html
October 2015

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_cd9f257a-f7e1-58c3-bef0-dc1f51d1725c.html
October 2015

November, 2015
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_900cc104-1a66-54de-84c9-93921fdf449b.html

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_d13158a3-7dae-5c0b-9e63-bf59deae82b7.html
December 2015

http://www.timesjournal.com/governm...cle_888b6341-1198-595e-bc09-8d7b70221b82.html
January, 2016
There was an emergency meeting in January of 2016 attended by:
-Bishop Donald Washington (Mount Hermon Baptist Church)
-Jonathan Fulkerson (Ohio Attorney General’s Office)
-Cameron McNamee (State of Ohio Board of Pharmac
-Melvin House (executive director of ODPS Division of EMS Services)
-Chief Richard Biehl (Dayton Police Department)
-Jim Dennis (executive director of Correction Center of Northwest Ohio)
-Tracy Plouck (director of Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services)
-Andrew Laubenthal (jail administrator at Lorain County Sheriff’s Office)
-Hancock County Sheriff Michael Heldman
-Special Agent Dan Winterich
-Special Agent Justin Root (Bureau of Criminal Investigation)
-Association of the United States Army Michael Hunter (U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Ohio)
-Major Michael Black (Ohio State Highway Patrol), and Assistant SAC Timothy Plancon (DEA)
-Jackson County Sheriff Tedd Frazier
-Pickaway County Sheriff Rob Radcliff
-Ross County Sheriff George Lavender
-Pike County Sheriff Reader

to address the drug epidemic in Ohio. Said by Sheriff Reader, “I have been proactive in aggressively fighting the heroin epidemic, and I’m proud to be working with other area sheriff’s offices to continue public education. I’m also working with the area drug task force in apprehension techniques.”
The meeting, which had a major focus on heroin, was attended by more than 800 people.

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_e719297a-af6e-5c25-aa5e-a56f5033497b.html
January 2016

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html
February 2016
(I know we've discussed this specific incident, ad nauseam) a major grow op including a shatter lab in Piketon was discovered when a postal worker alerted authorities to a large package that smelled of marijuana. This prompted an investigation that led to Pike County Sheriff's office discovering the grow op. While there's no evidence that any arrests have been made in the case, it could be inferred that his led to a spiderweb of other, larger investigations, based on the assertion that, "At this time, I don’t know if these individuals will be witnesses or suspects."

------------
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_e8fe6c9f-184a-506c-a410-b705c0fd0672.html
March 2016
Operation Clean Sweep
“The eight-hour effort yielded ... arrests, along with the seizure of marijuana, the seizure of several vehicles, and money involved in drug trafficking,” said Chief Blair. “Collaborating in this effort with the Piketon Police Department were Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader, several Pike County Sheriff’s deputies, Waverly Police Chief Larry Roe, several Waverly Police officers, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the Jackson County Canine Unite, and the Pike County Drug Task Force Unit. This successful effort is due to the cooperation of numerous law enforcement agencies working together toward a common goal. We had a huge turnout, and it was a huge success.”

Maybe it was something they knew not something they did ie pot, dogs, roosters. ETC. After all they didn't just start doing those things did they?

Then I ask why not other Rhodens. Well killing a whole family would surely make anyone else that knew not to talk.

Jmo and I give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was something they knew not something they did ie pot, dogs, roosters. ETC. After all they didn't just start doing those things did they?

Then I ask why not other Rhodens. Well killing a whole family would surely make anyone else that knew not to talk.

Jmo and I give up.

I agree about it possibly being something they knew, but if it was something they knew, it's because of the activities they were involved in. JMO.

Living in rural MI.. I heard three gunshots this morning around 0600-0630. Typically, I don't even bat an eye, today it caught my attention because I keep creeping myself out with this case before bed. Turns out someone was just hunting nearby, as usual.

Hypothetically, if these murders occurred around those hours, like 4,5,6.. The reason why someone may have heard them and not thought anything is because A. Living in the country, you literally hear gunshots all the time. B. Avid hunters are typically up early before the sun comes up and call it a day by 8-9 in the morning.

JMO.

Also, it is Turkey season in Ohio. Hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until noon. I would suspect that there just might have been a hunter in the woods that heard the shots.

<forestgump>and that's all I'm going to say about that</forestgump>

94771283aae4a1b5e5cd675908476ac4.jpg

Also, it is Turkey season in Ohio. Hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until noon. I would suspect that there just might have been a hunter in the woods that heard the shots.

and that's all I'm going to say about that

Even when it isn't hunting season, rural folk will go out and shoot anyway. Just from what I know of with my family. There aren't cops out here, nobody is going to call about the gun shots. It's like a free for all.

Say there was a hunter that heard, again, out in these parts, would he be that suspicious? It's also hard to pinpoint exactly where shots are coming from when you are surrounded by fields and trees without houses lined up all right next to each other. JMO. I can't tell you where the dozens of shots I've heard today specifically came from, I can give a general direction, but I don't know how far or close, and certainly not which house, if it was in a house, or which field, or which forest.

I was surprised how fast a deputy arrived. Was it county that responded? I know our county station is about an hour away, and they typically don't patrol this area. Our best bet it the state post which is still 20-30 minutes from the house.

We had a fire at our home and it took 27 minutes for response after finally getting someone on the line to report it. We live on county lines (like they do) and when I initially called 911, I was dispatched to the wrong county and had to be transferred. It was a disaster.

I agree. In my mind (this morning) Chris Senior made somebody really mad. I'm thinking he was having an affair and recently ended it. There are rumblings he may have been getting back together with Dana (rumor, but makes sense since he just bought her a new house and large piece of property). So let's say that hypothetically he breaks up with this other woman. She is livid. She has done so much for him. She decides she is going to take out everybody he cares about -- Dana, his kids, his best friend, his brother (but not the babies, because after all, she is not a total monster in her mind). She knows she can't accomplish this herself, so she convinces her brother or her best friend that she needs to do this to be able to go on. Maybe she offers to pay them. Somehow, she gets help. She kills everyone close to Chris, and then goes to his place last. "see this blood on my shirt? This is from your family. How dare you cross me? I have wiped every last trace of you off the earth. And now it's your turn." Bang x9.

This woman, by the way, that would have spent a lot of time at all of these properties and known where any security cameras were.

She may have also previously had been arrested for having severe anger issues.

Hypothetically, of course.

Why not take out his other brothers and sisters who lived close? Why would the sheriff warn the remaining Rhodens to arm themselves? If telling Chris "I've killed your family" was the motive and Chris is dead, there would be no worries for the remaining family members.

Absolutely CRAZY thought, but I think we are all grasping for straws..

Is it possible the person they are threatening by killing the whole family is still alive? If this was in fact a threat of course?

I don't see it either, but the thought of it is terrifying.

Yes. Those who have absolutely no inkling of the who or why, are terrified, and anyone who HAS an inkling is terrified, as well!!!! JMO

I still don't discount retribution for something due to KY and it got Chris and family because Gary was involved with Chris.

Maybe an old festering sense of injustice, that some recent event caused to explode into slaughter of a whole portion of a family. JMO

I tend to think that money story is made up. And, $1000? Who would leave behind $1000 in such an impoverished area? And how would DS know it was $1000? That story of the money around his feet is hinky to me. IF it was there, then I think it was planted to point to some cartel/gang sending a message instead of someone closer to home.

Or it was a robbery and the money was spilled as they were grabbing it. If you had just shot a man (in the dark of night) and spilled 1000 out of say $100,000, would you stay to pick it up, especially considering it was mingled with blood of the victim?

Or it was a robbery and the money was spilled as they were grabbing it. If you had just shot a man (in the dark of night) and spilled 1000 out of say $100,000, would you stay to pick it up, especially considering it was mingled with blood of the victim?

But why would DS know the amount? Unless Daily Mail decided it for him, which I wouldn't doubt.

But why would DS know the amount? Unless Daily Mail decided it for him, which I wouldn't doubt.

Daily Mail ran with the idea that his was all about a $3,000 derby car. Daily Mail thrives and banks on sensationalism and knee-jerk emotional responses. $1,000 exactly is a big number that would evoke that kind of response.

The money thing re: Kenneth is just weird. JMO...............but no one could clam DS up and we do not know what all the evidence is from the Union Hill scenes ......JMO

Daily Mail ran with the idea that his was all about a $3,000 derby car. Daily Mail thrives and banks on sensationalism and knee-jerk emotional responses. $1,000 exactly is a big number that would evoke that kind of response.

Hence not doubting they decided that. But if they decided that, and made it a DS quote, then maybe they also decided there was money found across his body at all. I'm very skeptical on DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member