TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wonder if there's going to be a bust of some kind of ring, like a drug ring in the fitness industry or a drug ring using trucks. I'm not really seeing what the NYPD can do that the FBI can't with the Stingray, so that could actually be a cover story for something else that is hitting NY. Maybe by saying NY is involved, this is trying to send a signal that LE is onto the perps, like this news that NY is connected to it might be making the perps panic.

Ok, I guess this is a confession. Am I the only one who has printed this photo out and used a Sharpie to color in a helmet and face covering on lower half of face? Surely not.

Oh, you are too funny! We forgive you! I am picturing everyone printing out paper dolls of several people in play here and dressing them with the killer's disguise.
Sadly, I don't have a printer right now. How is it working for you??

I wonder if LE has conducted other search warrants and not revealing to general public. If the perp used vest/helmets/shin guards from home I would assume perp will return items home so not to draw attention to missing items. How about blood on the helmet? I closely watched the James Van Callis murder trial out of Michigan a few months back http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/...-dog-along-on-popular-jogging-trail-vanishes/ He had a helmet during the killing and struck the girl's head with helmet. Video taken of JVC and his home/motorcycle/car proved he was a slob. Live in GF said he never cleaned anything. But when LE served the warrant they noticed his helmet was miraculously spotless and shiny liked it was cleaned that day with a cleaning product. It was damning circumstantial evidence in a strong circumstantial case. I doubt there has been enough evidence thus far for a search warrant.

I'm wonder if there's going to be a bust of some kind of ring, like a drug ring in the fitness industry or a drug ring using trucks. I'm not really seeing what the NYPD can do that the FBI can't with the Stingray, so that could actually be a cover story for something else that is hitting NY. Maybe by saying NY is involved, this is trying to send a signal that LE is onto the perps, like this news that NY is connected to it might be making the perps panic.

I'm honestly wondering where this is going as well. No offense to our sweet victim, Missy, but this is a lot of BIG manpower being put in for a single homicide case in a "small" Texas town. I'm trying to determine if I've ever heard of it before. Other than "calling my buddy down at *insert big LE Agency* to see if he can help" but that requires agency chain of command approval bc of their own caseload as well as jurisdiction (NYPD at least) etc. I really feel there is more. Am I alone?

ETA: IMO

Anyone have the exact location of the cell tower they were pinging off of? TIA
There are two in Waxahachie plus a couple more outside the immediate vicinity. Techies would be able to triangulate IMO. The AT&T towers were posted a couple of threads back - sorry don't have the link

An aside here, not suggesting anyone as perp.
Posters questioned timing of Mr BB's fishing trip. In interview: Mr BB said - if Camper #1's phone call to him had not been made when it was, he would have been on the boat and incommunicado for several days.<--- my paraphrasing. Good thing ppl in Midlo were able to reach him.
How much time was there between phone call & est. time of boat departure. How 'far out' does cell coverage go? Could Coast Guard communicate w charter fishing vessel? IDK.
[/SIZE]

On March 22, BB posted that he'd be fishing the Chandeleur Islands, which this articles states is 40 miles off the Mississippi coast. http://www.sportfishingmag.com/fishing-chandeleur-islands?image=0&wJwhAJEk1zvRQB6L.01

Assuming BB uses AT&T Wireless, per the search warrants, AT&T has coverage in the Gulf of Mexico: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/faq.jsp

AT&T has a roaming agreement with Petrocom, which, as far back as at least 1998, has provided cellular service in the Gulf of Mexico. "PetroCom covers 68,000 square miles of Gulf, from lower Mobile Bay, Alabama, to Brownsville, Texas, and extending 150 miles offshore." http://magazines.marinelink.com/Mag...806/content/petrocom-completes-service-201324

http://www.advantagecap.com/advantage-invests-1-45-million-in-petrocom-of-louisiana/

Some AT&T customers shared on AT&T's troubleshooting pages that cell phone bill would show charges from Petrocom.

This article says that there are cell towers on offshore oil rigs. http://www.rigzone.com/training/insight.asp?i_id=337

FWIW, it looks like BB would have been accessible by cell phone in the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm sure someone's already pointed this out, but all this stuff can be gotten on Amazon too.

I just did this search to make sure I was right about this, and I figured I'd link it here for those who enjoy visual puzzles--unless someone's already matched the patch.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Police+patch

You are correct! :)

There would be a record of the purchase vs. just a hodge-podge of items found around the house, though...

BBM
The Red Cross can reach people out at sea in an emergency. I'm not sure if they use the CG for this or not. (MY experience in using the Red Cross to contact someone in the coast guard that was working way off shore, FYI)

I can guarantee that that boat had a radio that could communicate to shore. Any emergency news would have been communicated to the charter boat as soon as the owners received a call from the family.

And white blondes :(. Google Markia Benson, who was recently killed in a horrific manner, and there's been practical radio silence. (Disclaimer: searchable social media also plays a role).

I'm a white blonde, by the way. But I still take issue with only attractive white females getting all the media attention.

Hey sista' from another mista'!

I agree, us white blondes do get a lot of press especially involving death scenarios (including MM in my avatar).

I'm honestly wondering where this is going as well. No offense to our sweet victim, Missy, but this is a lot of BIG manpower being put in for a single homicide case in a "small" Texas town. I'm trying to determine if I've ever heard of it before. Other than "calling my buddy down at *insert big LE Agency* to see if he can help" but that requires agency chain of command approval bc of their own caseload as well as jurisdiction (NYPD at least) etc. I really feel there is more. Am I alone?

ETA: IMO

I'm willing to consider your above scenario but think it could also just be the international spotlight on the case...squeaky wheel gets the oil (manpower, big name agencies) type of thing

You know, that's a good question. I can only speculate that they want to let the suspect know that they might know something. Mind games?

You would think it would be easy to locate a cellphone....like....call it maybe? LOL I mean, I'm used to it now, but cellphone technology really used to impress/freak me out, because I'm here with my phone (wherever "here" is), and the cellphone company "knows" where I am, and so anyone anywhere can dial my number and the cell towers magically find my phone and connect us. And I can drive while talking and I can move from cell tower to cell tower seamlessly. Seriously, cell phones contain some sort of black magic. Maybe the blood of unicorns or something.
If it was a burner phone (meant to be disposed of after minutes are used) bought with cash, it may be very hard to trace.

I've been wondering about the costume and how the murderer acquired it and got rid of it. I've thought about it a lot- here is what I've come up with the help from everyone who has posted about the outfit.

It's been said by some that this costume was sort of cobbled together and not real SWAT gear. Many people have access to black pants- they could be sweat pants, scrubs, or even some type of pants from a martial arts or karate-style workout. Black shirts are also easy to come by. Now lets say the murderer had easy access to knee pads, padding, and a black vest- the type you'd use in self-protection courses. Add in a balaklava, which are used in the same type of courses during the role-play portion.... Ex-military often have these, too. As for footwear- black combat boots or black rain boots. Now you need some gloves- easy to come by and most people even in TX require gloves at some point during the winter. These items are all ones that could easily be brought back home after the murder, washed and put back where they belong with no one the wiser.

Now we're left with a black helmet and the POLICE patch. As for the helmet- It's been speculated that it's anything from a bike helmet to a baseball helmet (softball batting helmet, perhaps) or a motorcycle helmet. This is going to be one thing that is hard to hide. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that the perp ditched somewhere or has hidden on purpose or in plain sight. The POLICE patch would be easy to hide also- say it just attaches to a vest with Velcro. That means it can be folded up and hidden under a piece of furniture, in a drawer, taped inside a cabinet, or simply thrown in the trash.

BBM
It's very easy to buy iron-on computer printable fabric and print your own letters, emblems, etc.

It would be VERY EASY for a "crafty" person to do. (Crafty in every sense of the word)
This SWATster is creative. The uniform is a very good replica IMO. It would fool most people and that's all this murderer needed.
I'd look at anyone who likes to COSPLAY (men and women) and who makes their own costumes. I'd take a very close look at them.
There are men who sew, btw- lots of them are engineers who especially like the quilting process.

BBM
The Red Cross can reach people out at sea in an emergency. I'm not sure if they use the CG for this or not. (MY experience in using the Red Cross to contact someone in the coast guard that was working way off shore, FYI)

I can guarantee that that boat had a radio that could communicate to shore. Any emergency news would have been communicated to the charter boat as soon as the owners received a call from the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther