TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess this is a confession. Am I the only one who has printed this photo out and used a Sharpie to color in a helmet and face covering on lower half of face? Surely not.

Thank you for the chuckle! I think what you describe you did makes sense! In reality, even LE makes alterations like you described. Add glasses, different hair, facial hair, etc. Super quick and being able to get some instant satisfaction! I'm a visual person and you make perfect sense :thinking:

Fox News just highlighted this case complete with snippets of the video of the SWAT perp roaming through the Church hallways.

Yep, national attention.

There have been articles on this case on Australian news sites. It's international. There is something about the outfit of the perp combined with attractive victim* killed alone in a church at dawn that sets this case apart from the usual.

*Attractive victims get more attention. It's a verifiable fact.

Ok, I guess this is a confession. Am I the only one who has printed this photo out and used a Sharpie to color in a helmet and face covering on lower half of face? Surely not.
You're clearly going the extra mile and deserve praise for your efforts. I will leave my sharpie in my drawer and just appreciate your opnion and results. Please, do share.

Bill, thanks for sharing this link. When it comes to Stingray, from what I read on the linked site, it sounds like it is all current data information that it receives. Nowhere in the description did I read that it could extract old information. Is that how you understand it?

I am not an expert, but I have heard a few discussions about how this technology works. Essentially, if the StingRay is a way to "tap" a person's cell phone by acting as a conduit between the cell phone and the tower and intercepting the calls and data transmitted.

Totally off topic, but remember in the early days Missy had 1861 FB friends? It's dropped to 1856 so 5 have "defriended" her since she died. Has anyone checked out who those 5 might be? (I know someone went through the whole list)

You're clearing going the extra mile and deserve praise for your efforts. I will leave my sharpie in my drawer and just appreciate your opnion and results. Please, do share.

Seriously! A pic or it didn't happen! ;)

Totally off topic, but remember in the early days Missy had 1861 FB friends? It's dropped to 1856 so 5 have "defriended" her since she died. Has anyone checked out who those 5 might be? (I know someone went through the whole list)

What if they deactivated their FB account? Would that also lower her friend count or would the deactivated friends still show in her list?

as far as the "costume" she had access to his (AJ's) self-defense gear...and probably easy to put back wherever he stores it. Another poster posted yesterday with the pics of his gear.
Yeah I saw that. Would have gotten crazy bloody during an attack. If she had been in some of AT's training classes, she might have the ability and confidence to attack a very fit woman even not being quite in top shape herself.

Very glad to hear NYPD helping out with the cell phone data, I am hopeful there will be an arrest soon no matter who it is. I feel horrible for these kids losing their mom. And I will feel horrible if it turns out the perp is a parent as well. What a waste.

I've been wondering about the costume and how the murderer acquired it and got rid of it. I've thought about it a lot- here is what I've come up with the help from everyone who has posted about the outfit.

It's been said by some that this costume was sort of cobbled together and not real SWAT gear. Many people have access to black pants- they could be sweat pants, scrubs, or even some type of pants from a martial arts or karate-style workout. Black shirts are also easy to come by. Now lets say the murderer had easy access to knee pads, padding, and a black vest- the type you'd use in self-protection courses. Add in a balaklava, which are used in the same type of courses during the role-play portion.... Ex-military often have these, too. As for footwear- black combat boots or black rain boots. Now you need some gloves- easy to come by and most people even in TX require gloves at some point during the winter. These items are all ones that could easily be brought back home after the murder, washed and put back where they belong with no one the wiser.

Now we're left with a black helmet and the POLICE patch. As for the helmet- It's been speculated that it's anything from a bike helmet to a baseball helmet (softball batting helmet, perhaps) or a motorcycle helmet. This is going to be one thing that is hard to hide. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that the perp ditched somewhere or has hidden on purpose or in plain sight. The POLICE patch would be easy to hide also- say it just attaches to a vest with Velcro. That means it can be folded up and hidden under a piece of furniture, in a drawer, taped inside a cabinet, or simply thrown in the trash.

And here is a better article which describes in layman's terms how police use the StingRay devices to track cell phones.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/cellphone-tracker-stingray,news-21718.html

Excerpt:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Given what I just read in your link, I don't understand why they are making this public (NYPD joining for cell expertise). I'm not sure what to think. Do they know the perp but only via cell/target number and have no idea who it belongs to? Whatever the case think when this all pans out it may be a complicated tangled web. I would think there would be an arrest by now if it was simple.

There have been articles on this case on Australian news sites. It's international. There is something about the outfit of the perp combined with attractive victim* killed alone in a church at dawn that sets this case apart from the usual.

*Attractive victims get more attention. It's a verifiable fact.

And white blondes :(. Google Markia Benson, who was recently killed in a horrific manner, and there's been practical radio silence. (Disclaimer: searchable social media also plays a role).

I'm a white blonde, by the way. But I still take issue with only attractive white females getting all the media attention.

Given what I just read in your link, I don't understand why they are making this public (NYPD joining for cell expertise). I'm not sure what to think. Do they know the perp but only via cell/target number and have no idea who it belongs to? Whatever the case think when this all pans out it may be a complicated tangled web. I would think there would be an arrest by now if it was simple.

I agree. This points to being a more complicated scenario than what many of us initially surmised.

Was it raining hard enough at the time to wash blood off the "costume"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been taking papers and covering everything but the eyes. I can't believe I didn't think of printing out a helmet & putting it over the top. You're a genius! I can't do sharpies, I'm not that patient! :)

ETA: I tried adult coloring books once, who in the world has the patience for that? I'm too OCD to not finish it all at once. It's just not relaxing, IMO

From your link:

Experts with the NYPD were brought in to help analyze the “pings” from cell towers, in hopes of finding the “electronic footprint” of Missy Bevers’ killer in the early hours of April 18.

Sources say they hope the killer, dressed in police gear, had an active phone that sent signals to surrounding cell towers as he – or she – confronted Bevers with a hammer.Those signals could then draw a blueprint leading back to the attacker’s identity, investigators told CBS11.

I definitely saw hammer in the CCTV footage. Confronted with a hammer. Sounds like MB was facing the killer.

You know, that's a good question. I can only speculate that they want to let the suspect know that they might know something. Mind games?

You would think it would be easy to locate a cellphone....like....call it maybe? LOL I mean, I'm used to it now, but cellphone technology really used to impress/freak me out, because I'm here with my phone (wherever "here" is), and the cellphone company "knows" where I am, and so anyone anywhere can dial my number and the cell towers magically find my phone and connect us. And I can drive while talking and I can move from cell tower to cell tower seamlessly. Seriously, cell phones contain some sort of black magic. Maybe the blood of unicorns or something.

I've been wondering about the costume and how the murderer acquired it and got rid of it. I've thought about it a lot- here is what I've come up with the help from everyone who has posted about the outfit.

It's been said by some that this costume was sort of cobbled together and not real SWAT gear. Many people have access to black pants- they could be sweat pants, scrubs, or even some type of pants from a martial arts or karate-style workout. Black shirts are also easy to come by. Now lets say the murderer had easy access to knee pads, padding, and a black vest- the type you'd use in self-protection courses. Add in a balaklava, which are used in the same type of courses during the role-play portion.... Ex-military often have these, too. As for footwear- black combat boots or black rain boots. Now you need some gloves- easy to come by and most people even in TX require gloves at some point during the winter. These items are all ones that could easily be brought back home after the murder, washed and put back where they belong with no one the wiser.

Now we're left with a black helmet and the POLICE patch. As for the helmet- It's been speculated that it's anything from a bike helmet to a baseball helmet (softball batting helmet, perhaps) or a motorcycle helmet. This is going to be one thing that is hard to hide. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that the perp ditched somewhere or has hidden on purpose or in plain sight. The POLICE patch would be easy to hide also- say it just attaches to a vest with Velcro. That means it can be folded up and hidden under a piece of furniture, in a drawer, taped inside a cabinet, or simply thrown in the trash.

I'm sure someone's already pointed this out, but all this stuff can be gotten on Amazon too.

I just did this search to make sure I was right about this, and I figured I'd link it here for those who enjoy visual puzzles--unless someone's already matched the patch.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Police+patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama