TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Looks like you are caught up with everything. AFAIK, the NYPD helping with cell phones is the only new news. No announcement this weekend that MPD is taking off again.

Thank you Boots!!

Glad to hear there wasn't one of those announcements made today. ;)

To me, this sounds more like stolen phones (IMO,MOO, etc. etc. etc). Usually burners are purchased from real stores. I have used one when traveling to areas where I don't want to pay the international rates--such as Guatemala. You just buy a cheap local phone knowing you will dispose of it on your way out.

Thanks for explaining....I didn't realize the track type pay as you go phones are also called burner phones. I was thinking burner phones somehow pinged/leeched off of legitimate cells in their area of use. I have no idea how they work.

I'm honestly wondering where this is going as well. No offense to our sweet victim, Missy, but this is a lot of BIG manpower being put in for a single homicide case in a "small" Texas town. I'm trying to determine if I've ever heard of it before. Other than "calling my buddy down at *insert big LE Agency* to see if he can help" but that requires agency chain of command approval bc of their own caseload as well as jurisdiction (NYPD at least) etc. I really feel there is more. Am I alone?

ETA: IMO

You're not alone. It definitely seems like overkill for a small Texas town. No offense to our Texans here!

My daughter has 2. One assigned to her for work and one personal.

Yea that could be but doesn't he own the business or work for his family? I would think his cell would be provided through company or at least be paid for by the company. Seems kinda strange to have a cell provided by work, no monthly cost to him AND to have a personal cell that he'd have to pay for every month, extra unnecessary expense imo.
What is he doing with his personal phone that he wouldn't want whoever it is that goes over the business cell phone bill to find out?????

It could be his minor daughter's phone in a contract under his name.
Both this post and the one about calls coming in day and night make complete sense to me. At night you can turn off the business phone if you aren't on-call. And if it's your child using the phone, owning 2 make sense. --since I don't have this situation, when the child calls someone whose name is displayed? Is it the child's or the adult who pays for the phone?

Ok, I guess this is a confession. Am I the only one who has printed this photo out and used a Sharpie to color in a helmet and face covering on lower half of face? Surely not.

Lol I haven't done that but I have been enlarging faces on my computer screen and blocking out foreheads and chins with my hands 😝

Thanks for explaining....I didn't realize the track type pay as you go phones are also called burner phones. I was thinking burner phones somehow pinged/leeched off of legitimate cells in their area of use. I have no idea how they work.
I had to go make sure I was correct. :blushing: Here is the description of a burner phone:
Technically, a burner phone is a prepaid device. However, burners are different from prepaid phones in that they [FONT=inherit !important]are used specifically for one purpose and then disposed.

source: [/FONT]
https://www.puretalkusa.com/blog/what-is-a-burner-phone/

I've had my eye on someone in her friends list who sells phones at locations such as parking lots, etc...not saying those are burner phones but it stood out to me with the varying locations for only an hour or so at a time

Sh%^*!! I had seen those same pics days ago and that didn't occur to me until just now when I read this!

You're not alone. It definitely seems like overkill for a small Texas town. No offense to our Texans here!

No offense taken! It is strange to me too. I am very happy that MPD has reinforcements but I still wonder why it happened so quickly!

There HAS to be more to this....

We live in Louisiana and have Verizon cell phone service. When he's out fishing on his boat, he has to borrow his buddy's AT&T cell phone to call. He recently bought an AT&T pay-as-you go (burner) for when he goes alone. My son works in the gulf on a new drill ship. He can only use WhatsApp to text us. He had AT&T service until this year. I can't imagine that BB bought another phone to go out into the gulf for a bucket list fishing trip.

On March 22, BB posted that he'd be fishing the Chandeleur Islands, which this articles states is 40 miles off the Mississippi coast. http://www.sportfishingmag.com/fishing-chandeleur-islands?image=0&wJwhAJEk1zvRQB6L.01

Assuming BB uses AT&T Wireless, per the search warrants, AT&T has coverage in the Gulf of Mexico: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/faq.jsp

AT&T has a roaming agreement with Petrocom, which, as far back as at least 1998, has provided cellular service in the Gulf of Mexico. "PetroCom covers 68,000 square miles of Gulf, from lower Mobile Bay, Alabama, to Brownsville, Texas, and extending 150 miles offshore." http://magazines.marinelink.com/Mag...806/content/petrocom-completes-service-201324

http://www.advantagecap.com/advantage-invests-1-45-million-in-petrocom-of-louisiana/

Some AT&T customers shared on AT&T's troubleshooting pages that cell phone bill would show charges from Petrocom.

This article says that there are cell towers on offshore oil rigs. http://www.rigzone.com/training/insight.asp?i_id=337

FWIW, it looks like BB would have been accessible by cell phone in the Gulf of Mexico.

Sh%^*!! I had seen those same pics days ago and that didn't occur to me until just now when I read this!

This is the CA trail we went down days ago when everyone thought we were sleuthing RB!

I have a family member that investigates cell phone information and testifies at trials. I will ask him what is up with the NYPD being involved....

Both this post and the one about calls coming in day and night make complete sense to me. At night you can turn off the business phone if you aren't on-call. And if it's your child using the phone, owning 2 make sense. --since I don't have this situation, when the child calls someone whose name is displayed? Is it the child's or the adult who pays for the phone?

Good question. Mine just shows my phone #.

It could be his minor daughter's phone in a contract under his name.

If that is the case I assume they probably have a family plan in either MB or BB's name so any lines on that plan would be considered one of theirs right? MB's phone would've been considered BB's phone too then or vice versa. The way it's worded is that he was in possession of & used 2 phones.

I agree 100%. The similarities in the walk are there, but the body is all wrong for it to be RB. Also I think they were in another state at the time of the attack? Jmo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Actually I think the body matches someone with a stocky build.

FWIW, it looks like BB would have been accessible by cell phone in the Gulf of Mexico.

. . . that is, unless he was leaving his phone onshore for a cell-free vacay.

People would have then just needed to find a roundabout way to reach him—via the boat, his fishing buddy, carrier pigeon . . .

This is the CA trail we went down days ago when everyone thought we were sleuthing RB!

Yes, I was all over this one. I can't believe I looked at those phone pics and thought nothing.

I better turn in my WS badge...

. . . that is, unless he was leaving his phone onshore for a cell-free vacay.

People would have then just needed to find a roundabout way to reach him—via the boat, his fishing buddy, carrier pigeon . . .
All charter boats have ship to shore radios

Good question. Mine just shows my phone #.

On ours, AT&T, we can set how the caller ID shows up on landlines. For the adults & older kids we have it show their name & #, but younger kids it only shows wireless & the #. We have 5 likes on our family plan, so may be similar to the B's account. Except my husband doesn't have a 2nd phone, at least not that I know of lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels