MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
State wants to address a statement that SM gave the media last night. Judge asking what it was now.

Defense sucking up now about Bri's testimony. Judge is talking now (blah blah blah).

Oh boy! State wants to bring to the court the defendant's statement to the media!

I'm thinking something happened to Heather at the boat landing (either she was killed, knocked unconscious or kidnapped alive), because that is when her phone data ends.

If they decided to kill her AT PTL, then why purchase the pregnancy test?

I have to ask, is there any wayIi can stream this through my tv? I have Vizio smart tvs, wireless router, ipad & iphone...or would I need to link my ipad to the tv in order to stream?

The judge is saying do you understand the gag order he said yes and the judges think he violated it.

Judge says he doesn't know I don't know that now we need a contempt proceedings but I will defer it to the conclusion of this case as to what you want to do but at this point I will defer it.

:hairpull: :gaah:

I don't think TM was in the truck with him at Walmart (even though he says she was).

My only doubt is because when he leaves Walmart and is outside walking towards his vehicle, the head and brake lights flash, meaning he unlocked his car from a remote - meaning he unlocked the doors.

The head and brake flights also flash when he left the vehicle to walk in to Walmart - meaning at the time he locked the doors.

If someone was waiting inside, either they would lock the doors themselves or no doors would be locked.

IMO

I believe SM lied [AGAIN] (in the MSM interview yesterday) when he said Tammy was in the vehicle

Good catch. If TM goes to trial, she will deny being there or at the payphone.

The judge is saying do you understand the gag order he said yes and the judges think he violated it.

Judge says he doesn't know I don't know that now we need a contempt proceedings but I will defer it to the conclusion of this case as to what you want to do but at this point I will defer it.

He needs to go to jail! Why just the slap on the wrist??? UGH!

Ripping SM for flagrant violation of gag order!

The judge is now thanking the media for being inconspicuous and providing coverage and the coverage has been Fair .. The Justice we know we has freedom of speech we have a responsibility to each other.. we have some rules to work with and if everybody is working towards that everything gets done properly and professionally.. I'm not saying anybody's done anything wrong.

I haven't really watched the past two days of streaming, just been following along on here with your posts (great job everyone!!!) but I am watching live today and I just have to say, when I listen to the Judge, all I hear is Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) as the judge on My Cousin Vinnie .. LOL

I'm not sure why they would buy a pregnancy test and then quickly kill her upon arriving at PTL.

When the judge is talking to him, he needs to get his hands out of his pockets!

I haven't really watched the past two days of streaming, just been following along on here with your posts (great job everyone!!!) but I am watching live today and I just have to say, when I listen to the Judge, all I hear is Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) as the judge on My Cousin Vinnie .. LOL

LOL...Now that's what I will be thinking all day too!

I still have to wonder if its possible that Sidney was in the apartment hiding when Heather got home from her date. When I look at the tight timeline of the pings regarding their truck driving to PTL and back home, and the tiny timeframe in which the truck would have arrived there vs when Heather's phone died or lost service completely, it makes me still think there's a possibility that Sidney could have driven Heather's car to PTL from her apartment and Tammy drove their truck to PTL from their house to pick up Sidney. I'm trying to remember why police are so confident that Heather was the one that drove her car to PTL. Did they capture her driving on camera? If they're basing it on her cell pings, Sidney could've had her phone...

So before the scolding about SM's blatant violation of the gag order, were they talking about letting Bri testify?

I don't think Heather ever took the test. Possibly TM decided to kill Heather and the PT was to trick SM into luring her out. Kind of strange and I don't understand how the pieces fall any way you look at it.

So before the scolding about SM's blatant violation of the gag order, were they talking about letting Bri testify?

I am pretty sure they were...I didn't catch the beginning of convo though.

They need to stick SM back in jail until the trial is over. Then he cannot violate the GAG.

WMBF News

Judge Dennis has come into the courtroom. He said Moorer waived his right to be present during the trip. The judge added that the jurors observed the restrictions and were attentive and did not ask questions.

State referenced an interview Moorer made to a media outlet following Tuesday's testimony, saying it was a violation of the gag order.

The judge said he will defer the matter about the defendant's interview for now, and noted the gag order is still in place.

The jury was not present while the judge discussed the defendant's interview with the media with the attorneys. The jurors have now entered the courtroom.

The jurors all just confirmed that they have not watched or read any news accounts about the case since the Tuesday recess. The state has called its next witness.

The witness is Ronald Witt, with T. Mobile. He is reviewing a certification letter in reference to previously discussed phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018