NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fbi is involved, and they have unlimited resources.

what can a hired pi bring to the table that the fbi cant?

I would like to see the face of the man that did this. but this case reminds me of one that happened on long island.

a very rich red headed man named maxwell sherman raped and strangled a girl in rockville center on long island. he even did a tv interview and I think thats how he got arrested.

but i think its strange the dad, wants the money to hire a private investigator....they are just regular people with no access to dna things and stuff of that nature

why dont they release the DNA profile of the rapist? Cant they tell if hes black or white or what ever?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/11/rockville-centre-murder/

Sherman was sentenced Thursday in Nassau County court. And vowing to return to every parole hearing, Daverin-Gresham’s relatives called the sentence a slap on the wrist, CBS2’s Carolyn Gusoff reported.
Police and prosecutors said Sherman killed Daverin-Gresham after meeting her near a Rockville Centre park at Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway on Aug. 22.

Daverin-Gresham went to meet friends on a footbridge near the park that is a popular gathering place for teenagers. Her partially clothed body was later found on the footbridge.

The fbi is involved, and they have unlimited resources.

what can a hired pi bring to the table that the fbi cant?

I would like to see the face of the man that did this. but this case reminds me of one that happened on long island.

a very rich red headed man named maxwell sherman raped and strangled a girl in rockville center on long island. he even did a tv interview and I think thats how he got arrested.

but i think its strange the dad, wants the money to hire a private investigator....they are just regular people with no access to dna things and stuff of that nature

why dont they release the DNA profile of the rapist? Cant they tell if hes black or white or what ever?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/11/rockville-centre-murder/

Sherman was sentenced Thursday in Nassau County court. And vowing to return to every parole hearing, Daverin-Gresham’s relatives called the sentence a slap on the wrist, CBS2’s Carolyn Gusoff reported.
Police and prosecutors said Sherman killed Daverin-Gresham after meeting her near a Rockville Centre park at Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway on Aug. 22.

Daverin-Gresham went to meet friends on a footbridge near the park that is a popular gathering place for teenagers. Her partially clothed body was later found on the footbridge.
I don't find it odd that the father wants to hire a PI ,I think he is frustrated by the pace of the investigation but I agree with the amount of resources supplied by the NYPD and FBI hiring a PI of which I am one would be a waste of resources at this time. Others have mentioned Ken Brennan and others ,the cases had much more video and other leads than this case does. I said this case will be decided by science or another person who knows what happened and gets arrested and uses the info to solve this case to help him with his.

I don't find it odd that the father wants to hire a PI ,I think he is frustrated by the pace of the investigation but I agree with the amount of resources supplied by the NYPD and FBI hiring a PI of which I am one would be a waste of resources at this time. Others have mentioned Ken Brennan and others ,the cases had much more video and other leads than this case does. I said this case will be decided by science or another person who knows what happened and gets arrested and uses the info to solve this case to help him with his.
What if everyone had $200,000 to spend on a PI? That would probably be nice for many families who haven't been able to find the murderer or murderers of their loved ones. What makes one more important than another? If Mr. Vetrano feels the need for a PI but lacks the $ to do so, then he should campaign for that specifically.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What if everyone had $200,000 to spend on a PI? That would probably be nice for many families who haven't been able to find the murderer or murderers of their loved ones. What makes one more important than another? If Mr. Vetrano feels the need for a PI but lacks the $ to do so, then he should campaign for that specifically.

Another campaign really?? He already has $300,000 at his disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another campaign really?? He already has $300,000 at his disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That $300,000 was raised as reward money. Now if a PI wants to take it upon themselves to find the perp without payment in the hopes he or she will find the perp...then they should go for it.

IMO the funds would be better served by KV's father giving back to his community somehow...toward a more safer community for all...in KVs name. Turn the grief outward toward a service or program in KVs honor. Much as the families of the Sandy Hook massacre did. No PI can top the NYPD combined with the FBI. They are the best of the best. My guess is they have their suspected perp under surveillance. As I've shared before, IMO, he is right under their nose, in the neighborhood, within walking distance and with a birds eye view of the trail. Notice no alarm about a rapist and murderer on the loose. Can you imagine NYPD sharing their suspicions that the perp is your neighbor? The fear and panic would wreck havoc on the investigation and the perp might flee. Someone will eventually talk, whispers will start, and rumors will spread which will lead to a reason for questioning. But NYPD can't exactly go door to door demanding DNA samples from all residents. It will take time. Patience. IMOO. This perp waited a long time for the one day she would be alone. He'll eventually resurface perhaps even to the exact site. But it might take a year or longer when he thinks he's gotten away with it. As far as the condom, don't think it is his or relevant which would align with sexual assault x 2 without penile penetration. I think this misfit probably never had a proper sexual exp yet is middle aged with a lifetime of pent up rage against women... just my thinking. Again, a shut in who lives in a room with his aging parents, sister, brother or other relative ---who would otherwise be homeless. DNA was collected from KV's skin - no mention of DNA from condom. It is my experience that silence speaks volumes. Same LE scenario with Missy Bevers. IMOOO.

Coming from a family with a murdered loved one that remains unsolved - who cares what he wants to spend it on as long as it might help find his daughters killer. Even more... what if it just helps him feel like something is happening and helps them feel better. I applaud this family. Mine, myself included, was just trying to function and keep living - much less putting in the kind of effort her father is. This is their family and they can do what they need to do. I realize people contributed but it is a choice to do that. My $50 was for the family to do with whatever may help.

I understand the Vetrano family wants the monster that killed Karina caught. They are trying to remain productive. Seems like LE shares some things with the family. Hopefully they are working on something they are not willing to share at this time. Maybe they will get a hit on a family members DNA. Maybe they have someone in their sights. For ex. Long Island has had its share of serial killers. The latest arrest occured July 2014. Turns out the killers brother had his DNA collected in his own case. LE realized hes related to a serial killer. LE narrowed it down. Cops followed the killer around. Collected his DNA from the cigarette butts he threw out of the car window. They also went through his garbage. Go to youtube John Bittrolff arraigned on charges. His case is still pending. Turns out the daughter of one of his victims was friends with one of the victims of the Long Island Serial Killer. Noone has been charged in that case. Thats some coincidence. Or maybe not.

IMO the funds would be better served by KV's father giving back to his community somehow...toward a more safer community for all...in KVs name. Turn the grief outward toward a service or program in KVs honor. Much as the families of the Sandy Hook massacre did. No PI can top the NYPD combined with the FBI. They are the best of the best. My guess is they have their suspected perp under surveillance. As I've shared before, IMO, he is right under their nose, in the neighborhood, within walking distance and with a birds eye view of the trail. Notice no alarm about a rapist and murderer on the loose. Can you imagine NYPD sharing their suspicions that the perp is your neighbor? The fear and panic would wreck havoc on the investigation and the perp might flee. Someone will eventually talk, whispers will start, and rumors will spread which will lead to a reason for questioning. But NYPD can't exactly go door to door demanding DNA samples from all residents. It will take time. Patience. IMOO. This perp waited a long time for the one day she would be alone. He'll eventually resurface perhaps even to the exact site. But it might take a year or longer when he thinks he's gotten away with it. As far as the condom, don't think it is his or relevant which would align with sexual assault x 2 without penile penetration. I think this misfit probably never had a proper sexual exp yet is middle aged with a lifetime of pent up rage against women... just my thinking. Again, a shut in who lives in a room with his aging parents, sister, brother or other relative ---who would otherwise be homeless. DNA was collected from KV's skin - no mention of DNA from condom. It is my experience that silence speaks volumes. Same LE scenario with Missy Bevers. IMOOO.
Snipped But NYPD can't exactly go door to door demanding DNA samples from all residents.
This is somewhat off topic, but that's exactly what Ma state police did in truro ma (cape cod) about 15 years ago to help solve a murder that went 4 years cold. They did a DNA dragnet, and asked all men to voluntarily submit a DNA sample, playing the "what do you have to hide game." Then they started to zero in on those those that didn't submit.
This is the way I understand it, and maybe Sgt. Friday can correct me if I am wrong, but,there are laws that say if you are convicted of a felony/serious crimes, and some misdemeanors, you are required,to submit a DNA sample. I am not sure if NY has katies law, but if they do, they can require you to submit if you are arrested for the same. Outside of that, a demand for a DNA sample is a search, and falls under your fourth amendment right, and you can refuse. Not to say if they really want your DNA, there are other ways to get it.
This is an old thread, but you can get the idea.

http://alt.tv.csi.narkive.com/r8nm79Ir/truro-mass-dna-sweep-in-worthington-murder

Anyone know why LE thinks the perp is left handed? Also, my next question is probably stupid, but forgive me... I'm pretty new here and have a lot to learn.
Warning: my next question pertains to strangulation if anyone wants to skip it.

KV was found face down as I recall. I've only seen strangulation (on TV, of course) happen when a person is face up. I
Does strangulation often happen from behind? Would this perp have strangled her when she was face up and then turned her over? I know there was rape x2, though I have no idea how that relates to the positioning either. Gosh, this sounds so lurid and horrible. I hate even asking such questions, but I'd like to keep learning.

Thanks, all.

Anyone know why LE thinks the perp is left handed? Also, my next question is probably stupid, but forgive me... I'm pretty new here and have a lot to learn.

KV was found face down as I recall. I've only seen strangulation (on TV, of course) happen when a person is face up. I
Does strangulation often happen from behind? Would this perp have strangled her when she was face up and then turned her over? I know there was rape x2, though I have no idea how that relates to the positioning either. Gosh, this sounds so lurid and horrible. I hate even asking such questions, but I'd like to keep learning.

Thanks, all.
Lefthanded? It might be because of the way he grab her from behind. LE said Karina never saw it coming. He probably snuck up behind her.

Thanks, all.
Just a guess, but maybe from the marks on her neck?
Also, there are two stories about if she was raped 2 x.
Here's a link carried over from the previous thread.
Time stamp 3:30

[video=youtube;SaAvqheyErw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaAvqheyErw[/video]

Thanks, all.
I thought it was from finger prints. Can you tell lefthand fingerprints from right? Maybe they found a lot of left handed finger prints on her and her belongings.
Just speculating, not even sure if you can tell the difference =)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, all.

^^ RBBM

The outline of his handprint on her neck may indicate more force/pressure from the left hand:

“While [the killer] was strangling her, he pressed his hands so hard into her neck that later on when they found the body, police could see the outline of his hand in her neck,” said another source.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/slain-jogger-fought-for-her-life-during-gruesome-attack/

Does strangulation often happen from behind? Would this perp have strangled her when she was face up and then turned her over?
I know there was rape x2, though I have no idea how that relates to the positioning either. Gosh, this sounds so lurid and horrible. I hate even asking such questions, but I'd like to keep learning.

Thanks, all.

^^ RBBM

He may have strangled her after the anal rape, further objectifying her (not look at her)

The NY Daily News article about the annual Tunnel to Towers charity run this past Sunday shows KV's father wearing a flyer on his jersey. It says the reward offered is now $200,000. The page shows over $280,000 has been raised. I wonder if he's already retained the PI with the $80,000 or so, given that some of the money could have gone to feeding volunteers, buying charity run jerseys, and so on.

Karina's father is a man in mourning, desperately seeking information about the killer of his beloved daughter.

Maybe nearby adult video store or strip club owners/employees would have noticed a customer who stopped coming in around August 2, or one who showed up with facial scratches or other signs of an altercation. Hope NYPD has reached out to them.

Thanks Rocky - fascinating read.

Sooooo are any super sleuthers on here that could work your magic to see what homes have a birds eye view of ANY segment of the trail KV ran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member