Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 20/20 KP kept saying "they" released her from the vehicle so things got confusing....and still are.

I did report it to the security guys there because I know them and gave a description, they told me they had seen this guy there before and had complaints that he had harassed other patrons and were aware of him, and they told me LE was also aware of him on the property cus he's not supposed to be there. Apparently this has happened before. I think I'm about to call the non emergency number and make my own report because this isn't the first time this has happened according to them. At that point after talking to them I just wanted to get home because freezing rain was coming down and I have panic attacks driving in inclement weather.

I'm grateful that I'm part of this community and it's taught me how to defend myself in these situations and to be aware of my surroundings so much. I used to be a very trusting individual but now my motto is Trust No One. You never know. I'm sure SP just thought she was gonna jog and get her fitness on and then all that happened, You just never know.

Yes, please call and make a report and give as much detail as you can about the guy. You never know... if someone else comes up missing from that mall they could use your report to track the guy down.

Thanks. I agree with most. And I agree abductees and their family can surely pay a ransom if they want to.

I have to wonder if the fact that CG is a 3rd party to all this is where LE could have their angle to get him to help identify the abductors if he even knows.

I guess a laywer would have to answer for me whether LE could have a case against him for "interfering with an investigation or interfering in a criminal case". Since he is a 3rd party and not the abductee.

I thought about it, and really can't see that he committed a crime. He simply just offered the abductors $50,000.00 if they would safely release Sherri. The question is: did the perps call and take the offer? If they did, then we would have to report that to the police. If he didn't, then that would be a crime.

I do remember Lake16, the verified insider mentioned one dropped her off also. Maybe one had some remorse and a promise or threat will keep the perps real identities secret. My opinion only, but if I was SP and I wanted to survive and see my kids I would make that promise or believe that threat and I would never say anything that led to the kidnappers. Having my kids and life back would far out way any charges against anyone. But again, that's just my opinion [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but meanwhile everyone else is at risk, would you ever really be sure they were not going to change their minds and come back for you?

I may do the same thing too. Which brings up a possible reason why the abductors may never get caught.

Which brings up another legal question that I have no idea about. LOL
I probably should have gone into law. LOL

Does LE need the abductee to agree to press charges if LE know who the abductor is but the abductee does not want to press charges?

I don't believe so. The abductee could maybe not testify, or say he/she was was willingly abducted, but we are past that in this case!

Just reading through everything that's been gone through over and over with no new info ....but has anyone entertained the thought, or has it been ruled out, that SP might not have been in captivity alone?

I just keep thinking, not all criminals are smart. Some might be crafty, but maybe we've been giving them too much credit for what might be just pure dumb luck at not being caught yet. I keep hoping what's been held back by LE holds the key to solving this crime.

Jmhoo

I may do the same thing too. Which brings up a possible reason why the abductors may never get caught.

Which brings up another legal question that I have no idea about. LOL
I probably should have gone into law. LOL

Does LE need the abductee to agree to press charges if LE know who the abductor is but the abductee does not want to press charges?

I haven't seen or heard anyone, including family and friends demanding their capture...so maybe she isn't wanting to press charges for whatever reason.

I would want whomever did this to my loved one to pay, but this didn't happen to me so, hard to figger

I haven't seen or heard anyone, including family and friends demanding their capture...so maybe she isn't wanting to press charges for whatever reason.

I would want whomever did this to my loved one to pay, but this didn't happen to me so, hard to figger
I think something like kidnapping is not the choice of the victim. Police can charge no matter what the victim wants right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't believe so. The abductee could maybe not testify, or say he/she was was willingly abducted, but we are past that in this case!

All the resources used and all that I am sure there is something LE could do. In domestic violence cases, they do not need the victim's permission. I bet it depends on the crime.

And it was 4:30AM on a holiday. I can't imagine there was a lot of traffic then. I'd think most people sleep in on Thanksgiving. JMO
The Thanksgiving travel period (especially the Wednesday into early Thursday) is the busiest travel period of the year. Some 45-50 million people travel (90 percent by car).

The Thanksgiving travel period (especially the Wednesday into early Thursday) is the busiest travel period of the year. Some 45-50 million people travel (90 percent by car).

I hear you and yes, Thanksgiving is a very busy travel day. But 4:30 in the morning?

I am kind of leaning in this direction too. I think it is possible that he made a threat against her when he agreed to let her go---if you dare give them a real description of me or the car , I will have your babies/parents/sister killed. And if I were in her shoes, I'd say it was 2 Hispanic women too.

I am not so sure.Why would they trust that she would not tell the truth?This is why abductors and rapists kill their victims,so they do not tell.

On 20/20 KP kept saying "they" released her from the vehicle so things got confusing....and still are.

During the first presser after her release....or maybe GMA, the Sheriff kept saying "captor", but seemed a bit hesitant. Makes me think one may have been dropped off somewhere, but had been in the car at some point.

It would be weird to be driving around alone with a woman with a paper bag on her head.

And who still uses paper bags?

Sherri may know why she was released. IMO one of the women may have released her due to some degree of sympathy along with the publicity surrounding the case. JMO

This is plausible,I think it may have been revenge that got out of hand.Maybe more on the publicity and not wanting to spend the maximum in jail with murder.

I know Lake isn't here right now - but I do have a question...Does Sherri feel safe right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769