Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin Warning

This ain't my first rodeo. ;) I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Bump
BBM

There are too many posts to go hunt for this.... Was it verified that SP was branded "all over her body"? What exactly does that entail?
I read that KP said "all over" but I wondered if that was just reporters adlibbing and creating fake reporting. Can someone kindly fill me in on this with a quickie? Pretty please.
IIRC KP stated that SP had bruises all over. I don't ever remember reading that she was branded all over. I could be wrong, though.
From Keith's statement

The officers warned me to brace myself. My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.
Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings. Her signature long blond hair had been chopped off. She has been branded, and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands. Sherri was taken from us for 22 days and suffered incredibly through both intense physical agony and severe mental torture. My reaction was one of extreme happiness and overwhelming nausea as my eyes and hands scanned her body. I was filled with so much relief and revulsion at once. My Sherri suffered tremendously, and all the visions swirling in your heads of her appearance, I assure you, are not as graphic and gruesome as the reality.
These threads are moving so fast, I can't keep up or find what I'm trying to learn. Here's where I got the "branded all over her body" passage, and I was just trying to find out if this article was debunked as fake or if it is considered legit, more detailed. Thanks for helping me. I think it matters to the type of people that took her, and possibly can help determine a motive.
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/29...-after-found-kidnapping-details-abducted-mom/

“Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear,” Keith said in a statement to Good Morning America on Nov. 29. “My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.”

Keith continued, “She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers.” So awful. The father also added that Sherri only weighed 87 pounds when he was first reunited with her — her signature blonde locks had been cut off completely. She was also badly burned, had been branded all over her body, and suffered from intense rashes.

BBM

No. Hospital staff would not have cut her hair.

Unless there were head wounds and they needed to stitch them up. But that would be more of a shaving of the scalp. My sister had that done in the hospital for surgery prep, and so did a friend who needed stitches.

What does that have to do with Sherri being abducted, beaten, branded etc?

The OP was about Best Buy and Project Taken being across the street.

<modsnip> The businesses being so close is a coincidence and as I have read here, coincidences are a sleuthers bread crumb trail.
<modsnip>

Unless there were head wounds and they needed to stitch them up. But that would be more of a shaving of the scalp. My sister had that done in the hospital for surgery prep, and so did a friend who needed stitches.
Right. They might or might not shave a very slender section right around a scalp laceration in order to place sutures or staples. Some even prefer tying a few strands of hair to secure scalp lacerations. It works very well.

Okay folks, we're going to close up the thread for the night. Check back tomorrow morning or so.

G'Night all :bedtime:

Following up here -

Just a note for consideration - might want to take a peek around because I issued at least 9 TOs tonight.

We refuse to allow a few who REFUSE to abide by the parameters CLEARLY set forth in this case ruin it for those members who are willing to abide by those rules and post respectfully. If you can't respect posters with differing opinions, theories, etc....it's going to be a problem. Also, it is every posters' responsibility to read and carefully review the first several Admin/Mod posts in EACH thread. All the parameters are clearly posted there.

Further, it is the holidays for moderators too. Families, baking, shopping....yeah. Us too. I'll be darned if they will be asked to volunteer their time to remove and edit posts. It;s far easier on us to just TO those causing the problems or close the thread.

Keep that in mind tomorrow when/if you sign on.

To those of you bumping mod warnings, alerting and posting responsibly - THANK YOU! We appreciate and value your input and participation.

Good Morning :sunshine:

Thread is open again.

I have a bad feeling that this case will never be fully resolved.

New day, but no new news :( I want to thank the mods for all their diligence in keeping these threads respectful, not only to SP and her family as victims, but also to the members. We all have our own theories, many of which can be shaped by personal experiences or exposures. The ability to engage in thought provoking discussions that encourage and stimulate our curiosity/knowledge in a respectful way is why WS is the only forum I actively participate it. I continue to think anything is possible regarding SP's abduction. However, I do feel that any attention also being given to Tera Smith's disappearance or the topic of trafficking is worthwhile. Whether there are connections here or not, IMO, they can't be ruled out when there is still so much the public doesn't know. What if the renewed interest and media coverage in TS's disappearance led to solving her cold case? Does anyone know of a local support group (possible of family/friends) for TS? I know SM wasn't as popular then and couldn't find a FB group. Just wondering is SP (having been a friend of TS) would've belonged to such a group. MOO

Keith Halloween costume the daily mail posted.... taken October 31 2016. Weird

Since many of you have followed all 18 threads, maybe someone can answer my question above about SP being branded "all over her body". Thanks.

Since many of you have followed all 18 threads, maybe someone can answer my question above about SP being branded "all over her body". Thanks.

I have followed all of the threads and don't recall seeing that anywhere. I do recall hearing KP saying that SP had "burns and bruises all over her body, and she was branded." My apologies for not being able to provide the exact source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa