IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what i have read a felony gives them your dna, not sure if they are able to have a person come in for questioning offer them a can of soda then collect it after they leave. Jmo

Yes, I have read that too, that a felony gets your DNA, however if they're bringing someone in for questioning, they won't know if that guy's DNA matches someone in their felon DNA bank or not, unless the guy gives his permission and gives a sample... I'm not sure if LE is allowed to take a sample from a person being questioned or not, by way of offering them a drink or something? But even if not, they can get DNA by just following the person around until they discard something.. but that would sure be difficult to come up with the resources to do so for some 300 people questioned (so far)?

This is just a general comment on the debate of BG being local vs. not local.

To some, local means the town of Delphi proper - population 2,800

Local could mean Carroll County - population 20,000

Local could mean counties directly surrounding Carroll County - population 400,000

Local could mean the counties surrounding the ones that are a ring around the ones listed above - 591,000

At this point we have Carroll County, the first ring and the second ring totaling approx 1,011,000.

We could include Marion County (Indy) as it's only 75 miles southeast - population 904,000.
That would get the total pool up to almost 2,000,000. Of course you would whittle that down by half to exclude women, then take into account children, men that are outside the age range of BG. Maybe get the total to around 500,000 or less. That's a bunch of possible suspects.

(you could go even further and include the next ring around the second ring or include the entire state of Indiana. You get the point.)

My point is being "local" can still be an incredibly large pool of suspects. One doesn't have to go to "he lives out of state."

This is all just my opinion.

I agree, based on statistics, that this was not the "perfect storm" in the sense that it was purely spontaneous.

However, I do think a "perfect storm" was planned by BG and he waited for the opportunity.

I think the ingredients of this perfect storm are: 1) Location 2) Girl(s) [age and looks] 3) Timing.

You do have me considering how much advance notice was given that the unused snow day would be taken that day. How many days did he have to plan this particular act?

Thanks for your input.

The above is my opinion only.

And thank you for the reply. The "perfect storm" phrase was spot on.

That is a great question about how much in advance does the school give that information out. I am sure by now the only person who will answer that would be a parent from the school. The school itself IMO will not answer nor will LE.

My .02

Another day and no arrest, makes me so sad.

So my thoughts on RL getting picked up now, are that LE does have DNA testing back, and other evidence now. They need RLs cooperation (perhaps it's someone VERY close to him), and he has been cooperative to an extent but they know getting him on the parole violation now will better their chances of him singing like a bird. So they arrest him now, and detain him and offer him immunity or lighter sentence etc. if he gives them what other info they want. Because honestly he knew he was being watched so I can't imagine breaking parole knowing that less than a month ago two girls were found dead on my property and LE aren't watching my every move. Even if they told him he was in the clear.

Plus, I just can't imagine BG getting as lucky as he was. There had to be prep and knowledge involved.

All MOO

I think I've been cranky here today. My apologies to you all. I respect you WSers so much.

I need to take a short pause from it today. It's really affecting me and maybe my judgement.

Thanks to all of you wonderful people for keeping this thread so fascinating.

I'll be back soon. I'm going to shower, walk my doggies, and get ready for my 4pm shift.

And thank you heaterann, you just helped me reign it in.😉

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Who are we talking about? Is this guy local? If we can mention his name that is. He is a RSO...
Just being an RSO means nothing unless you know what the actual offense is (which is always listed). A RSO can be guilty of many different crimes, some of which pose ZERO threat to anyone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Why is everyone so adverse on the catfish theory? The poor girl does look over dressed for the woods. 13 year old girls do like boys and sometimes lie to their parents. Not right or wrong, just life.

Most logical assumptions

Planned is much more likely. If planned, catfish is the main next assumption.

<modsnip>

A good detective would consider a theory instead of disregarding it. No one is judging the girls for potentially meeting a boy and telling a small lie. It's just foolish not to consider it. You all owe it to the girls to consider all possibilities.

Imagine if they were catfished and everyone just disregarded the theory? The girls deserve more than that.

Some of us did consider and dismiss the possibility of that being the case. Personally, I don't want to "blame the victim" with absolutely no evidence that they were doing anything other than what they said they would be doing. You may consider that to be the most logical assumption, but I don't; this place would be pretty boring if we all thought the same thing. I guess times have changed since I was 13, but I don't consider wearing jeans, a top and a hoodie to be dolled up. I do believe the man probably planned this out, but I don't believe the girls knew about any part of the plan before it happened. I could be wrong, of course. Maybe they aren't as innocent as they appear, but I've seen/heard nothing to make me believe that.

Is a person who writes a blog allowed to use pictures or a screenshot from WS? I have seen this but don't know if it matters or not.

Read the article. Patty wasn't talking. It was her other grandfather, Mr. Bridge.

Sorry. I did read it. Just had brain freeze. Even so, This info is more likely than not with LE, in my opinion

Is a person who writes a blog allowed to use pictures or a screenshot from WS? I have seen this but don't know if it matters or not.

It's a crappy thing to do, but this is a public forum. Interested to know the blog, but I know you can't link it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all night last night I thought there would be an arrest, the big break, on the one month anniversary. I was up too late sleuthing.... And I hoped I would wake up today to an arrest. Not giving up. I'm still sharing, tweeting etc etc. Praying for the families and the friends of the victims. Hope you're both flying high precious young ladies.

This is where I get hung up on the "random guy" theory.

On a particular day where school is using a snow day so everyone is out + two friends deciding to go out to a secluded area for whatever reason + a very small time frame + a random SK/first time killer/stranger/drifter being in the same place + same time of day as the girls + in a small isolated town in Indiana. And this all came together in one complete act? What is the saying about putting enough monkeys in a room with typewriters?

IMO they either knew BG or he knew they would be there. Catfish, retaliation, (insert other theory here), etc. I find it hard to accept this was a chance meeting that went terribly wrong. I'm not saying it couldn't happen or never has happened, but it is still hard to swollow.

Just my .02

But even if the perp(s) targeted the girls somehow - it still doesn't make much sense. He knows, through SM or however, they're going to be on a pretty well-traveled public trail in broad daylight, near a residential area and he picks that particular time/place to go after them? However you slice it - it still seems risky and impulsive.

Also on the angels and demons story- I know I saw a special on tv about that, but I can't seem to remember what the program was. It was just as interesting as reading it. If I find it I'll come back and edit...

Edit- gheesh thought I was editing a different post of mine and now I see it's a new one LOL- sorry didn't want to clog the thread with tons of posts and that's just what I did.

Second edit- okay this link under media has all the television programs. I'll have to look at each one and see what I watched- not sure if it was discovery or a&e. I don't recall watching it on forensic files because I can't stand that narrators voice LOL

Scroll down past the horrible person (perp photo) and click media on the subject:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_Chandler

Who? Bernardo? If so, he's not out. She is, and she changed her name. The community where she lives knows who she is.

Karla is out? Are you kidding me after all the sick s$&t those two did? Didn't she kill her own sister?

I just wanted to say thank you to whoever it was that posted the link to the story on the Rogers case - it took me awhile to go back to find the link to read it, so not going back now to find it again. Call me lazy! ;) I had a chance to read it today while snowed in on the east coast. It was well written and called this case to mind on several levels. Definitely recommended reading for a "break" from these threads.

I do have the link because I copied it for reading but won't take credit. Thanks again whoever you are!

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

It was me. A sleuthing friend of mine sent it to me, and I was very thankful she did.

There have been so many specific thanks, by sleuthers, and that makes me very happy, because I wasn't the only one who was affected by the carefully woven tale of a horrific true crime.

Once you start reading you cannot stop. The parallels to this case - and many cases for that matter - are crazy.

Evil lurks, friends. Evil lurks.

WG

JMO...I believe he is a psychopath who travels frequently throughout the state trolling for possibilities. I think he happened to see these unfortunate kids being dropped off that day and then he hunted them down. He may have known that the area was a popular hangout for young people. LE knows he is a very dangerous organized killer and they are desperate to get him before it happens again. This is my opinion from watching the first presser especially when the question was asked "who's next"?

Im very sorry that my post would frustrate anyone to be fair, as i stated it was JMO. i cant find the the reply from the member it did frustrate but i read it and couldn't reply till now. i think its rude to be honest. everyone on here has the choice to just scroll by the post they don,t agree with instead of making people feel that their opinions are silly or they are not allowed to state them.

Why would that be frustrating? Everyone has opinions here. We need to tread carefully in regards to these girls. WS is very victim friendly.

It's also their (our) right to opinion that they weren't doing ANYTHING other than what they appeared to be doing. Enjoying a nice day. Hiking a nice trail. Enjoying each other's company.
Wearing appropriate clothing for the outing, etc.

I have no problem reading your views. They don't mesh with mine maybe, but the only thing frustrating here is that this pig of a is still free.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members