AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever did this, I want the right person or people brought to justice. I have no interest in mob justice, or the public demanding arrests based upon newspaper reports. That County Attorney's office has had a high level prosecutor disbarred for encouraging and using perjured testimony in death penalty cases. Whether that was for public approval for him and his boss (an elected official) or for career advancement, I don't know. But if and when the County Attorney charges anyone, I want it to be based on evidence, not the public demanding it.

:ditto:

Post of the Day!

I am 100% unfamiliar with this case. I am not sure where to start learning the ins and outs in a somewhat "quick" way. Any good place to go for a "cliffs notes" version? I went to the media thread but so many things I clicked were no longer valid links. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imo, Becky and Sergio had no involvement at all in Isa's abduction, and murder and the TPD already knows that. The TPD has always said Isa was abducted from her home.

I tend to believe the parents had nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't say that 100%. For what it's worth, though, this is still referred to as an "abduction" locally (not just by people on the street, but in the media after they spoke to TPD) and TPD specifically mentioned sorrow for the family in the press conference.

How the discovery came down makes me think it wasn't them, as well. Someone had to have told TPD where to look, since they say it wasn't a matter of someone randomly finding her. If it was someone in the household, why tell now? The oldest boy is an adult now (about 19, iirc). The younger one is around 15. Why not wait until he's 18 and out of the house, if you have kept silent for 5 years already, but want to come clean? (And, no, I don't believe those children would know where she was, even if something happened in the house. I don't believe the location could have been relayed by them.)

Like I said, I can't be positive of anything, but I don't believe anyone living in the house did anything to her. Whether they did or someone else did, though, it needs to be the right someone (s) who pay.

attachment.php

The activities at the back and near the front of the Celis' home were captured on video surveillance. Isabel has been found. It's time for an arrest!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 7.58.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 7.58.12 PM.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 317
attachment.php

The activities at the back and near the front of the Celis' home were captured on video surveillance. Isabel has been found. It's time for an arrest!

Agree. But why did the cousin move and lawyer up so quickly while leaving his family that took him in to face the wrath by themselves?

Its like his baby cousin meant nothing. Even if he did originally move out of the home on bad terms. Jmo for now.

The cousins friend (per the crimewatchdaily article that I previously linked ) Said he doesn't blame the cousin for leaving to avoid speculation.

He also says he would have left as well if he had the means to do so.

But why leave 3 weeks later when someone has kidnapped a little girl that you know or that is family. Especially if both of you are each others alibi?

So they are definitely still in my realm of thought. Jmo.

I don't know that JM is innocent. I wouldn't invite a male into my home if I had children because bad things like Isabel's death can happen. I do believe that someone else appears more guilty than JM. JM was smart to get a lawyer and leave town when the parents began to blame him.

It's very interesting that Sergio refuses to use JM's name when talking about his "suspicious relative". Why does he do that? If you and I really thought our nephew abducted our daughter, we'd shout his name from the rooftop and to every news station.

Interesting JVM clip says one surveillance camera was 75 feet from the Celis' home.
[video=youtube;2oJmvWVrqGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oJmvWVrqGo[/video]

I am 100% unfamiliar with this case. I am not sure where to start learning the ins and outs in a somewhat "quick" way. Any good place to go for a "cliffs notes" version? I went to the media thread but so many things I clicked were no longer valid links. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps google "Sergio Celis 911 call" - it's quite interesting for starters.

I don't know that JM is innocent. I do believe that someone else appears more guilty than JM. JM was smart to get a lawyer and leave town when the parents began to blame him.

It's very interesting that Sergio refuses to use JM's name when talking about his "suspicious relative". Why does he do that? If you and I really thought our nephew abducted our daughter, we'd shout his name from the rooftop and to every news station.

snipped - I agree! I'd get an attorney, too, if I felt I was being set up to take the heat.

snipped - I agree! I'd get an attorney, too, if I felt I was being set up to take the heat.

So if your niece/cousin was kidnapped; You would drop everything including your lease and skip town ?

Just asking. Especially if you have a rock solid alibi and phone pings on your side.

So if your niece/cousin was kidnapped; You would drop everything including your lease and skip town ?

Just asking. Especially if you have a rock solid alibi and phone pings on your side.

His choices were:
1. Be more frequently blamed for abducting a child. Have his name nationally associated with "child killer". Experience unknown "repercussions" from the parents blaming him (a crazy person might take a shot at him or someone could plant evidence in his home or Jeep).

It wasn't like the police would let him (or other family members) go on searches. He couldn't do anything to help Isabel if he stayed.

2. Leave town and decrease attention to himself

Does anybody remember in the very beginning LE searching that little red car that was outside the family's garage and iirc carpet, pillow and other items were retrieved?
Wasn't there something about the garage as well?

His choices were:
1. Be more frequently blamed for abducting a child. Have his name nationally associated with "child killer". Experience unknown "repercussions" from the parents blaming him (a crazy person might take a shot at him or someone could plant evidence in his home or Jeep).

It wasn't like the police would let him (or other family members) go on searches. He couldn't do anything to help Isabel if he stayed.

2. Leave town and decrease attention to himself

Sorry.

But that's bull crap if you are innocent with a rock solid alibi. Jmo.

The guy was still young but ran as if he had something to hide while having a alibi.

Also. Every child abducted may have family members in the area that was mad at their family.

But cases showed that the disappearing uncle or disappearing previous male live-in was always at most guilty. Jmo

I'm new to this case, so take my comments with a large grain of salt.

If I were the nephew, and the parents were trying to blame me....I would get the heck out of Dodge. (particularly if I suspected they were involved.)

That 911 call from SG is totally flabbergasting! How could a parent of a young child who has just been determined to be missing be so calm. I think he actually chuckled when he said that he told his wife to hustle home. Really??

Any parent would know that they would be either in a major panic or be bordering on panicking. When Becky is heard on the phone, she is in pure panic mode. Just like you would expect.

Just my early (well, late in reality) observations.
Poor little Isa. :(

Sorry.

But that's bull crap if you are innocent with a rock solid alibi. Jmo.

The guy was still young but ran as if he had something to hide while having a alibi.

Also. Every child abducted may have family members in the area that was mad at their family.

But cases showed that the disappearing uncle or disappearing previous male live-in was always at most guilty. Jmo
You have to also take into consideration that he has an unpleasant history with the police (not related to violence). He was likely very scared he'd get railroaded. He didn't run and hide. Comments made on different sites showed that everyone knew where JM was located after he left Tucson.

Have you ever snooped on arrested pedophiles' Facebook pages? I have. Their pages aren't filled with many women wearing bikinis. Just saying. :)

CPS had been at the Celis house in December before Isabel disappeared and then again after she disappeared. Sergio was "voluntarily" removed from the home for a time at CPS's second visit. This says volumes to me.

Well....I am just reading through the police reports and (no doubt as others have mentioned previously in one of the 25 previous threads!), the timeline goes as follows:

Becky braided Isa's hair. SG went into Isa's room and kissed her goodnight. He then went into the boys' room, where they were playing video games and told them to keep it down so as not to disturb Isa. SG then went into the livingroom to watch a prerecorded Diamondbacks game. He fell asleep on the couch. He woke up at 5:00. He went into the bedroom, where Becky awoke and asked him if he was just getting to bed. He said yes, that he had fallen asleep on the couch. Becky left for work around 7:30. SG got up around 8:00. He went to wake Isa up and found her bed empty.

That provides a pretty wide open unaccounted for period...between midnight and 5am. The fact that SG's wife asked if he was just getting to bed at 5am, on the night that their young daughter went missing, is concerning.

Check page 63 of 98 of the police document here for this timeline:

https://www.scribd.com/document/343663324/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-1

RIP little Isabel :(
Such a bittersweet moment for her family.
Hopefully there will be answers to the many questions we've had in these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184