CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

Contact Vernon Detective Devenere. He is handling the Lisa White case in Vernon from 1974. He will at the least talk to you via phone.

Hello everyone, I am back. I am still struggling with the inability to get someone to listen to me. A head of one of the task forces called me back and set a tentative appointment but never got back to me to firm up the ime. He has since left the task force and the latest contact there has never returned my emails or phone calls.
I sent everyone on the case a likeness of the man, of the car, even a picture of the man I believe actually tried to abduct me. (one of two). No one returns my queries.
For what ever reason, absolutely no one is interested in what I have to say.
Hi, zade. Perhaps you might keep pushing. I know what you mean about a seeming disinterest. When I submit tips, I receive no response. I believe we have to keep trying (and praying.) .

what about going to the media with this info and saying hey i was almost abducted years ago and no one will take my story seriously. you could go down to the police station and demand someone take a look at your story. don't give up any chance you have a link to the photos of the man i was sent stuff back in the mid 200s on some suspects or people in the area there is this man if you want to pm me i can give you his name he was questioned in janice's case but lawyered up and le could no longer question him. and there were a few other men and photos from news paper clippings i no longer have those files as i no longer have access to the email they were sent to and the computer i had them downloaded to is long gone

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-tolland-missing-girls-0415-20160414-story.html

A task force formed more than a year ago to investigate the disappearances of three girls from the Vernon and Tolland areas more than 40 years ago has developed a list of suspects, conducted searches in three locations and plans additional searches...

State and Vernon police detectives are on the Tolland County Cold Case Squad, along with Gedansky and two analysts, one of whom works in the chief state's attorney's office and the other in the Tolland state's attorney's office. Their goal is to find answers for the families of Debra Spickler, Janice Pockett and Lisa White...

"I think we're making tremendous progress," Gedansky said. "For 40 years these cases were dealt with individually. Detectives consulted with each other and worked together, but this is a new approach."

"I think we are making tremendous progress"..... from above quote, hmmm, interesting to say the least. Hope they mean what they say. Would be nice to get answers after 40 years. That's my home turf.

Thanks for sharing that, and must have been frightening to have been a victim of being lured and almost abducted. I am curious if this occurred in the same area as Janice ( or the other girls who went missing)??
And I think whatever your memories are may be helpful, you never know when that one tip or connection is made.

Hi lesajo-

just seeing this now, apologies for the late reply. This happened between Saco/Biddeford and Old Orchard beach Maine. I can't remember which jurisdiction the police who took the report were from. I posted a longer version of the story somewhere else, - ok I found it, in the Quebec serial killer thread here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-killings-1980-s-90-s&p=11176225#post11176225

Hi lesajo-

just seeing this now, apologies for the late reply. This happened between Saco/Biddeford and Old Orchard beach Maine. I can't remember which jurisdiction the police who took the report were from. I posted a longer version of the story somewhere else, - ok I found it, in the Quebec serial killer thread here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-killings-1980-s-90-s&p=11176225#post11176225

Thanks marble, I went back and read your account of what happened, it was compelling, I felt the fear and caution you were feelling. I am so glad you were ok! Expecially since the person you believe may have been the perp turned out to be a child rapist. I then went on to Google him, geesh.
I also found your story interesting because I had spent many summers in Old Orchard Beach growing up. Was our vacation spot and I reminisced in the Google map. Lots has changed, I see there is a condo where the amusement park was,and a drug store across from where we used to stay, the Rambler Rest.
And who knows, any of these cases in that New England corridor could be connected........it's just so hard now because 20- 40 years have passed. Perps are probably dead, but still hopeful for some closure for these families.

http://www.ct.gov/csao/cwp/view.asp?a=1798&q=555058

Tolland County Cold Case Squad

The Tolland County Cold Case Squad was established in October 2014 to jointly investigate the cases of three children who went missing between 1968 and 1974.

Follow this link for Blog Talk Radio program on the Tolland County Cold Case Squad investigation into the cases of three children who went missing between 1968 and 1974.

The squad consists of representatives of the Connecticut State Police, the Vernon Police Department and the Office of the State's Attorney for the Judicial District of Tolland. At the request of investigators, Governor Dannel P. Malloy has authorized rewards totaling an aggregate of $150,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for these crimes.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inside...ase-squad-and-three-40-year-old-missing-girls

Spickler_Debra.jpg
DEBRA SPICKLER, age, 13, was last seen at Henry Park, 120 South Street, Vernon on July 24, 1968. Debra lived in Mystic, Connecticut, but was staying with relatives in Vernon at the time of her disappearance. She was last seen walking alone in the direction of the Henry Park swimming pool.

Pockett_Janice.jpg
JANICE POCKETT, age 7, left her home by bicycle on the afternoon of July 26, 1973, and was last seen riding her bicycle in the area of Anthony Road and Rhodes Road in Tolland. Her bicycle was found on the dirt portion of Rhodes Road.

White_Lisa.jpg
LISA WHITE, age 13, was last seen walking on Prospect Street in Rockville after visiting with a friend during the evening of November 1, 1974. Lisa lived approximately two miles from Prospect and was on foot that evening.

Thanks for that post dotr! I listened to the podcast, and it really gave a personal perspective regarding these three girls disappearance because of the family members participating and saying how they felt, and what they remember, etc. I give them a lot of credit.
Secondly, so impressed with this cold case squad they put together, exclusively for these cases!!! I know I read about it before, but to hear them, the enthusiasm, the work being done, etc.....wow! And to hear about all those tips they still get. Something has to pan out! And the hope expressed by the family, it's just great. Prayers they get some answers.

Any new information?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is there any thought from those who know a lot about Janice's case that she may have survived for any length of time following her disappearance? I am looking at her as a possible match for a Jane Doe but the JD's date of death is in 1991.

Wondering if the pervading theory for Janice is that she met with immediate foul play, rather than being trafficked or similar.

Thanks

Bumping.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pockett_janice.html
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Age progressed to age 47 circa 2012.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suspect-belong-girls-went-missing-1960s.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• pockett_janice3.jpg
    pockett_janice3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 63
  • pockett_janice9.jpg
    pockett_janice9.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 64
  • pockett_janice_ap.jpg
    pockett_janice_ap.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 67
  • pockett_janice5.jpg
    pockett_janice5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 64
  • article-2294156-18B2CE9A000005DC-325_634x382.jpg
    article-2294156-18B2CE9A000005DC-325_634x382.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 60
Is there any thought from those who know a lot about Janice's case that she may have survived for any length of time following her disappearance? I am looking at her as a possible match for a Jane Doe but the JD's date of death is in 1991.

Wondering if the pervading theory for Janice is that she met with immediate foul play, rather than being trafficked or similar.

Thanks

Do you have a link to the jd that you are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member