MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think so, especially if you were the one who called them you might want to say "He's over there" or something.

You're in Australia, right? I was going to ask if you found it unusual.

No, it is not unusual. I thought that maybe it was in the US and he reacted to that.

Ill wait till we even know the story. With the information we have right now no one should be taking any sides.

What side could there possibly be? There was a woman in her pajamas. She wasn't armed. What could possibly justify shooting her?

One article states "The officer in the passenger seat then shot Damond through the driver’s side door, the three people told the newspaper." Do they mean window or through the actual door (metal, plastic and glass). Again, accidents happen and through the door would point more towards an accident as I don't imagine that is where you would aim a gun if you were trying to shoot someone.

From what has been reported, she was shot multiple times. So it's not a situation where a gun accidentally went off.

Is there a report specifically stating shot multiple times katydid23? Or is that an opinion? Not sure.

The officer who fired the fatal shots was named on Monday as Mohamed Noor, who became the Minneapolis police department’s first Somali-American officer when he joined in March 2015.

Local news in Minnestota reported that Mr Noor was seated in the passenger seat and his partner in the driver’s seat when he opened fire, hitting her multiple times.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-dead-police-calling-911-report-disturbance/

Insinuating? It is your post that was curious. Focusing on the officer and stating it was odd. Hard to get things across in a written form sometimes. I don't like to take a long time explaining things either because people do not read long posts.

Why wouldn't I 'focus' on the officer? He shot the woman multiple times from inside his patrol car. I find it very odd. Why are you questioning me over and over for saying it is odd?

I finds that odd, to be honest. And it is bordering on being too personal to keep questioning my post...

What side could there possibly be? There was a woman in her pajamas. She wasn't armed. What could possibly justify shooting her?

Gee, how about the officers' side? They were summoned to the scene of a possible assault underway. Just two weeks ago, an NYPD officer was assassinated in her police vehicle.

Gee, how about the officers' side? They were summoned to the scene of a possible assault underway. Just two weeks ago, an NYPD officer was assassinated in her police vehicle.

And shooting an unarmed woman in her pajamas somehow makes sense in what scenario?

No, it is not unusual. I thought that maybe it was in the US and he reacted to that.

It sure isn't done in my city. Our police and also sheriff's deputies ask people to not approach their vehicle while they are seated in it. They exit their vehicle and approach the party. There was no logical reason for the woman to walk 100 yards from her home to approach the enroute police car. There is definitely much more to this story we do not know.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/#1

It sure isn't done in my city. Our police and also sheriff's deputies ask people to not approach their vehicle while they are seated in it. They exit their vehicle and approach the party. There was no logical reason for the woman to walk 100 yards from her home to approach the enroute police car. There is definitely much more to this story we do not know.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/#1

She called 911 because she believed an assault was going on near her house. When police showed up, naturally she went up to the car. Never heard of police telling people not to approach their car if these people want to report a possible crime.

I strongly disagree. I lived in the Twin Cities for 58 years, and have had several contacts with police for various reasons. I have approached many officers in their vehicles, and have never been asked to move back.

She called 911 because she believed an assault was going on near her house. When police showed up, naturally she went up to the car. Never heard of police telling people not to approach their car if these people want to report a possible crime.

The link I posted clearly notes the police car was 100 yards from her home and in an alley. The police did not arrive at her home.

What does what she was wearing have to do with it? What does her gender have to do with it? Police were investigating in an alley. Has it occurred to you the officer may have had his gun drawn to protect the officers' safety in case they were being entrapped?

https://www.policeone.com/officer-s...ops-shot-after-911-call-lures-them-into-home/

Whatever he was thinking, how is it going to justify shooting an unarmed woman? Are cops allowed to shoot people for no real reason, but because of what they are thinking?

I strongly disagree. I lived in the Twin Cities for 58 years, and have had several contacts with police for various reasons. I have approached many officers in their vehicles, and have never been asked to move back.

Have you approached a police car in the middle of the night in an alley?

The link I posted clearly notes the police car was 100 yards from her home and in an alley. The police did not arrive at her home.

It was near her home, which is what my post actually states.

Whatever he was thinking, how is it going to justify shooting an unarmed woman? Are cops allowed to shoot people for no real reason, but because of what they are thinking?

Did cops know she was unarmed? Her gender is irrelevant. There will be an investigation to determine if the shooting was justified. I don't understand the need to convict the officer in the court of public opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member