Status Hearings Nov 14, 2017, Jan 22, 2018- Jason Autry and Dylan Adams

Here we go - he's finally in the courtroom.

My notes:
Pled guilty to Count 1 - Facilitation to murder - rec'd 15 years - 30% classified

Pled guilty to Count 3 - Especially aggravated kidnapping - rec'd 35 years 100% classified.

Will receive 35 years to run concurrently.

Carley Gordon
‏Verified account @WSMVCarley
7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: Dylan Adams will not admit guilt but will enter a deal bc it is in his best interest acc to Judge #HollyBobo

Maranda Faris
‏ @WBBJ7Maranda
7m7 minutes ago

Adams entered a “best interest” plea, meaning Adams isn’t admitting guilt, but pleading to the charges & stipulating to a higher punishment range. #HollyBobo

The deal does not admit guilt, but has the same effect as a guilty plea. #HollyBobo

Law & Crime Network
‏ @LawCrimeNetwork
7m7 minutes ago

#HollyBobo - An "Alford Plea" has been reached. Adams will not admit guilt but acknowledges a jury could find him guilty with the evidence against him.

Carley Gordon
7m7 minutes ago

Dylan was charged w 1st degree murder he is pleading to facilitation of 1st degree murder #HollyBobo

Maranda Faris
‏ @WBBJ7Maranda
6m6 minutes ago

Adams is pleading to facilitation of first-degree murder for 15 yrs, especially aggravated kidnapping at 35 years to run conncurrent. Adams will serve 35 years total. #HollyBobo

My live feed cut out when the Judge was talking about a teleconference? Was he just sentenced or will there be another day?

Carley Gordon
8m8 minutes ago

Dylan Adams can not appeal #HollyBobo

Chris Conte
‏Verified account @chrisconte
7m7 minutes ago

Dylan Adams in statement says to Holly's family that Clint Bobo (her brother) had not involvement in her death #hollybobo

Judge: Are you pleading guilty.
Dylan Adams: Yes sir
#HollyBobo

Carley Gordon
6m6 minutes ago

Judge: I know no one is happy about this, but at least we can avoid a lengthy, expensive emotional trial #HollyBobo

And I have in my notes that Jason Autry should have his trial "sometime" in June....

sorry my laptop is screwing up... :pcguru: :gaah:

Chris Conte
‏ @NC5_ChrisConte
7m7 minutes ago

Prosecutor just said to Bobo family "Alright, he should be coming out in a couple minutes" -- I think we have a plea bargain #hollybobo

My lap top is also acting up, no sound.:gaah:

I think he got a sweetheart deal. I hope this does not mean Autry will get less.

JMO

I've always thought that in order to get a deal the defendant had to give an accounting of everything that happened

I've always thought that in order to get a deal the defendant had to give an accounting of everything that happened

If he's not accepting guilt, I don't guess he can tell what he did...I'm kinda surprised the Bobos agreed to this, but I'm not in their shoes. Perhaps they didn't have a voice in this?

The Bobos spoke after the hearing. They said they did have a voice in it. They had a minimum number of years they were ok with. She said "guilty is guilty" no matter what they call the plea.

I've got mixed emotions over the 35yrs. I feel the hobos are never going to get the truth in what happened to their daughter because I don't believe it went down how Jason autry stated. I really hope JA gets longer than that and I can't see it now.
On the bright side its probably best for the hobos not having to go through all that again. I like how he added than Clint had no involvement in Holly's death.

Thanks for all the updates tweets and dedication. I would be lost with out them. Xx

I think it is fine that the Bobos accepted this deal. How long can they continue to go into court and look at those devastating pictures and hear all of the gruesome details?

This will serve 35 years in prison. What more can they expect ? I think this is a good deal all around.

It is sad that they do not know every thing that happened or who did what, etc. But bottom line, it doesn't really matter. They were all involved so they all should be locked up and considered GUILTY of murder.

Carley Gordon
8m8 minutes ago

Dylan Adams can not appeal #HollyBobo

Chris Conte
‏Verified account @chrisconte
7m7 minutes ago

Dylan Adams in statement says to Holly's family that Clint Bobo (her brother) had not involvement in her death #hollybobo

Judge: Are you pleading guilty.
Dylan Adams: Yes sir
#HollyBobo

Carley Gordon
6m6 minutes ago

Judge: I know no one is happy about this, but at least we can avoid a lengthy, expensive emotional trial #HollyBobo

I felt once I saw one of the reporters say they thought Dylan would take his chances and go to trial that he would be proven wrong once again. I think his name is Chris Conte, but he has been consistently wrong on all matters/predictions in the Bobo case.

I am so thankful though that at least Dylan set the record straight and said Clint had no involvement at all. I still see on other sites where others who know nothing but gossip and rumors are still trying to implicate Holly's innocent brother. :(

Dylan knew if it went to trial he would be found guilty and be given at least 51 years. Thank goodness this part is over too for Holly's family.

Bless all of them. They are one step closer to being able to concentrate on grieving for their beautiful daughter/sister instead of those who partook in taking her life from her.

JMO

Well at least that's 2 of them sentenced. Good. And Autry will not have a trial, so that means no more trials for the Bobo family to endure.

A victim's family is usually consulted when it comes to plea deals. I've never seen a murder case where the state made unilateral decisions about a plea deal and never discussed it with the family to ascertain their thoughts on the matter, so it stands to reason (and the family confirmed) they were indeed part of the plea deal decision process with the state.

35 years may sound like nothing, but it's not nothing -- it's longer than Adams has existed.

If he's not accepting guilt, I don't guess he can tell what he did...I'm kinda surprised the Bobos agreed to this, but I'm not in their shoes. Perhaps they didn't have a voice in this?

Oh I am positive they were consulted just like they have been from the beginning. I can see why they agreed to this type of plea.

I think they accepted the deal because no matter what its called, guilty is guilty, and he would haven't taken this deal if he knew the DA didn't have the evidence to convict him.

In this type of plea he gets no appeals. He is in for the full 35 years. Having no appeals is better than having a trial when if convicted he could have appealed his conviction.

IMO

Dylan Adams in statement says to Holly's family that Clint Bobo (her brother) had no involvement in her death

Well let's hope that stops the conspiracy theories about poor Clint. Although, once a conspiracy nut gets going they can sometimes keep visiting crazy town and refuse to accept the truth.

Life has many unanswered questions. If the Bobo family is OK with this, so am I, afterall, it's their daughter, not mine. There's no guarantee that anything that would have been said at the trial by the defendant would be the truth. JA got his testimony in, with his plea deal, basically telling his side, and sealing the fate of the others. They would have to either testify against him, thus subjecting themselves to cross examination, or go with his story.

May Holly continue to rest in peace. May her family be able to find some way to move forward and find peace as well.

JA needs more than 35yrs......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back