IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks.

For anyone new who is confused they can pm a moderator privately to ask.

In the meantime Tricia has posted 3 times now not to discuss DN. If someone disagrees with this, TOS say not to ask on the thread or reply to such but to alert a moderator with a questions.

Hope that helps.

I can imagine, sooner or later, WS or another site getting sued because they allowed rampant speculation that turned into an act of vigilantism or contributed to the harm of an innocent person. WS in general is more careful than most sites, for which Tricia deserves praise.

Yes, you are mistaken. Never has LE mentioned a brand.

I'm not trying to argue the point but may I ask how you know this?

When something is presented as fact on WS it is supposed to be linked to a source.

Otherwise is that your opinion? (As such, stated JMO).

Thanks.

Was a national tip line involved in this case?

It was a few decades ago. Not sure but of course they dealt with tips in some way. Probably was much more difficult then in many ways.

I'm not trying to argue the point but may I ask how you know this?

When something is presented as fact on WS it is supposed to be linked to a source.

Otherwise is that your opinion? (As such, stated JMO).

Thanks.
To be clear, I am only speaking of this case. LE in this case has never mentioned any brands relating to BG.

To be clear, I am only speaking of this case. LE in this case has never mentioned any brands relating to BG.

Thanks for clearing that up because it was not clear before.

I still stand by my assessment that in this case or any case LE would never hold back a brand if it would help catch the killer. No fact or link to back it up as it is my opinion.

They do seem to have held a lot close to the chest so I wouldn't be surprised. They may know his shoe brand too if they have his footprints. (Footprints led searchers to the bodies)

I notice that WKAT are saying they are licensed media so does that make them MSM now? Anyone know how Indiana media licenses work? All i could find on tinternet was that In were legislating for all jounalists to be licensed a year or so ago.

I wonder if a person who possibly helped BG as an accessory after the fact by destroying evidence might be given immunity if they came forward. I’m not happy about this possibility but a tipster who knows BG has done this is not going to willingly self-incriminate themselves to law enforcement to help them. It might be a necessary evil.[/QUOTE
I agree with this!

I can imagine, sooner or later, WS or another site getting sued because they allowed rampant speculation that turned into an act of vigilantism or contributed to the harm of an innocent person. WS in general is more careful than most sites, for which Tricia deserves praise.
I think that's why we use initials. However WS are not responsible for what we say AFAIK. Any video or links we post would be the video maker's responsibility and I guess they could lose their media license if they are irresponsible. If we are posting LE comments and stating honest opinions that is not libellous, especially if based on reported facts, as we do. I certainly haven't seen any rampant speculation (unless it was deleted by mods). Has there been any?
:cow: of course.

On day 1 or 2 in Febr. 2017 I saw the one vehicle track across the large field by the cemetery and never found something in MSN about this. And I wonder. - No reference available therefore.

There is info regarding this (track in large field) in the scanner thread. Sorry cannot be brought up here.

-Nin

There is info regarding this (track in large field) in the scanner thread. Sorry cannot be brought up here.

-Nin
Thanks Nin - have you got the link to the scanner and a page or post number please by any chance? I don't remember that so must have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500