Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no type of thermal imaging that can see through walls.
Just asked my husband, and his answer makes a lot of sense. I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't think of it myself

The human body isn't hot enough for the cameras to detect through a wall, but they can definitely pick up fire or smoldering electrical etc through a wall (that's what they use them for - so they don't have to tear up walls/ceilings unnecessarily). But they do pretty much have to have line of sight for a person - he used the example of an accident victim being behind a rise; it likely wouldn't pick them up.

He also said if you take off your shoes & walk across a cool concrete floor, the camera will briefly pick up the footprints. (Your useless trivia lesson for the day lol)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Strange to see a little guy walking alone in the dark. I can't imagine not doing something! Was he barefoot too?
Something about this sighting seems off imo.

Yes he had no shoes on, was reported. Maybe the witness didn't notice the missing shoes because he had socks on?

But anyway, it's too early for a child to be wandering around alone.

I have seen skeleton pajamas where the bones glow in the dark.
Perhaps that is what the witness described?
Not releasing that detail to the public would narrow down the true sightings.

Perhaps that was done and Joe found the key.
It's not always that simple to contain a smart little kid who's determined.
It's also possible that there wasn't the money to buy another lock if he recently figured one out.
I spent $200 one month on new locks every time my daughter figured one out.
Not everyone has $200 to spare. :twocents:

I totally agree with you. Sadly, unless you have a child with ASD who elopes, it's so hard to understand. Parenting an autistic child can be exhausting and just when you think you have all your bases covered, they outwit you again. If they find him alive they need to invest in an Angel Sense tracking belt, a service dog that is trained to keep them from eloping and locks on the outside of his bedroom door.

I'll spare the details so as not to derail the thread, but I have an autistic child who could figure out locks, find keys and figure out combination padlocks like nothing I've ever seen.
But wouldn't you put the key up high where he couldn't find it. It just puzzles me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5:20 seems early to wake up a child for elementary school. My elementary school starts at 7:55. Breakfast starts at 7:30.
Depending on how difficult he is to get ready, how far away the school is and the parents routine, I don't see it as that early. He may need to play before school or have a bath. He may be very stuck to certain routines in certain circumstances. Also depends on how much sleep he requires.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Yes he had no shoes on, was reported. Maybe the witness didn't notice the missing shoes because he had sock on?

But anyway, it's too early for a child to be wandering around alone.

Maybe the driver was a teenager and just didn't put too much thought into it.

Sometimes alarms are put on doors to alert you when a child has opened it....these kids are just that quick!

good old fashioned eye hooks with a spring lock way up high will keep kids locked in. That spring is tough to open.
I had them everywhere when my autistic son Was younger,...he was a runner and escape artist. I even put a slide bolt through the top of my sliding door frame and took off the handle lock after he locked me outside one day.

5:20 seems early to wake up a child for elementary school. My elementary school starts at 7:55. Breakfast starts at 7:30.

I know it seems early, but I also live in rural TN and the school bus comes by our house by 6:30 am. 5:20 am is not that early if you’re trying to get a small child dressed and fed before the bus comes.

I miss having little ones, but it sure is nice when your teens can take care of themselves in the mornings and drive themselves to school [emoji4]. Oh, how I wish little Joe would come home to his momma. I can’t imagine her anguish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father Of Missing 5-Year-Old Describes Agonizing Search For His Autistic Son

Joseph Daniels talked with NewsChannel 5 Thursday night. He said he woke up to get the boys out of bed Wednesday morning - Joe slept in the same room with one of his brothers - but it quickly became apparent he was not there.

Daniels said he noticed the door was unlocked and realized his son must have gone outside sometime during the night. He said Joe has wandered off before during the day and was easily found nearby, but he had never left at night.

Many have wondered why Joe's parents haven't joined search crews to look for their boy, but Daniels said investigators suggested he and his wife not take part because their scent might distract the K-9 units from the similar scent left by their son.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/f...scribes-agonizing-search-for-his-autistic-son

More at the link. Volunteers are being sent home for the night while LE continues to search. If Joe isn't found by morning LE asks volunteers to come back.

Father says he's seriously considering an abduction but LE says there's no indication of foul play though they haven't ruled it out.

Maybe the driver was a teenager and just didn't put too much thought into it.

I was on this thought as well. Did I miss or do we know when this driver saw Joe? He went missing around 5:20am ish. Reported at 6:30am ish. The person who saw him may not have seen him until 8am ish ( guessing here since I have not heard what time that witness saw him) he could have thought this child was walking to school/bus stop etc He was dressed in black. IMO. Unless I missed something. IMO

I was on this thought as well. Did I miss or do we know when this driver saw Joe? He went missing around 5:20am ish. Reported at 6:30am ish. The person who saw him may not have seen him until 8am ish ( guessing here since I have not heard what time that witness saw him) he could have thought this child was walking to school/bus stop etc He was dressed in black. IMO. Unless I missed something. IMO

No - parents noticed him missing at 5:20 am. Unless the witness gives a time he saw him, parents don't know when he left.

I read it was 7 am. It’s on one of the msm links or msm fb.

The search for a 5-year-old boy in Dickson County has continued into a second night on Thursday.

Dickson County Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe said the search area for Joe Clyde Daniels has been expanded beyond the original one-mile radius.
The family said Joe Clyde has a history of running off, but he is usually found quickly.

On Thursday afternoon, Bledsoe said they have expanded the search beyond a one-mile radius of the Daniels' home.

He said search groups will be limited to two officers and 10 volunteers and they will be searching in grids.

After nightfall, volunteers are sent home while trained professional remain out searching.

Bledsoe said they didn't want volunteers searching at night so they wouldn't get lost or injured.

Bledsoe has asked hunters who have game cameras in the area to check to see if there is footage of Joe Clyde in the area.
"Time is working against us, but we are going to put our resources on everything we have, everything is going to be all in as we search tonight," said Bledsoe shortly before nightfall on Wednesday.

At one point on Wednesday, there were at least 200 volunteers searching for the missing child. The search began around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37878606/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-5-year-old-boy-from-dickson

The parents don't know what time Joe left the home. It is imperative to know what time the witness saw Joe and where.
I'm unfamiliar with the area. What s the terrain like?

No - parents noticed him missing at 5:20 am. Unless the witness gives a time he saw him, parents don't know when he left.

I agree, we don't know if it was before or after the parents noticed he was missing.

I hope they keep going further out. Children often seem to be found on the perimeter of search zones.

I can not remember the name of the child, but she had Asperger I believe and got lost in the woods when she wandered into take a nature video, searchers tied bottles of waters to trees, and food in containers and if I recall she was found alive 4 or 5 days later. She wouldn't respond to someone calling her name but would answer math problems so searches were yelling out math problems hoping to get a response.

In looking at helicopter view there is so much water and wooded area around where he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa