CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divorces are expensive. Maybe they just didn’t feel it was necessary, unless one decided to get remarried at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is my guess. Not only expensive but in California they're a giant pain in the butt (in my opinion and from personal experience, unfortunately). Even lawyers I've known have had to hire other lawyers to handle it for them because they don't like you self representing, even when nothing is contested. In their case they would ay minimum be getting into property ownership and custody questions. Maybe they felt it wasn't worth it, or one or both didn't want people digging into all their life details. All MOO and speculating on possibilities.

Absolutely no way imo. The interview and articles I linked earlier today make it clear what happened. McGowan went down and other officers went to his aid while the got away. McGowan's son is also interviewd. I think the thought he had killed McGowan - he almost did.

I don't believe for a second that an officer would purposely let another officer get away with home invasion/burglaries, and shooting at a fellow officer to boot.

DeAngelo married Sharon Huddle in Placer County on November 10, 1973.

Nov. 10, 1976: Kidnapping, Citrus Heights

Nov. 10, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento

Married at Auburn First Congregational Church

http://www.1ccauburn.org/about-us.html

'United Church of Christ'

If I remember correctly, it was stated JJD quit high school and then earned A GED. He later earned a Bachelors degree. He went into the Navy after high school and on Oct 8, 1964, The Auburn Journal had an article that announced JJD was in basic training and that he was the son of Mr. and Mrs. (refers to his biological father (JDD Sr.) and his biological mother), of Auburn, CA.

On February 6, 1965, JJD's mother married another man. JJD was either 18 or 19 years old at this time.

The Auburn Journal reported on June 1, 1967 that JJD was going to be on leave and that he was the son of (Mr. and Mrs) and his stepfather's name was used. No reference to his biological father. JJD was 20 or 21 at this time.

This may have been discussed before, and I apologize if it has, but does anyone know when JJD's parents divorced?

Most would be celebrating their anniversary. Needless to say...odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe for a second that an officer would purposely let another officer get away with home invasion/burglaries, and shooting at a fellow officer to boot.
I do if the other was taking a share of the loot.

I do if the other was taking a share of the loot.

But he didn't take anything really valuable. He took mismatched earrings, sentimental mementos, and an occasional gun, so he had a weapon for the next crime. There was no loot to share.

Most would be celebrating their anniversary. Needless to say...odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably took her out to a Steakhouse for an early dinner, took her home, and then snuck out at 1 am for a nightcap crime spree.

I find it extremely strange for a couple to be separated (legally or otherwise) for 27 years without dissolving the union.

Most (normal) folks want to move forward with their lives after a relationship doesn't work out.

If she were the breadwinner wouldn't she have to pay him alimony?
that could be why she didn't get a divorce moo

I know - that does seem very odd, and especially so if he really "disappeared" for a number of years and I don't think anyone has found any evidence he was employed during those missing years, either.

If I am correct on the time-frame, his missing years would have been when the daughters were growing up. If he wasn't working, there likely was no financial support from him. It doesn't appear there was a reconciliation between the two of them, either, at least not from what his wife's neighbors reported. They also lived in separate homes.

His wife is an attorney, so I imagine she must have had a good reason to not divorce him (if that is true), but I cannot imagine what that reason could possibly be!

You are right - the missing years workwise are 79-91, they moved into CH house in ' 83, Kids born 81/86/89 , separated in 91when youngest was 2 years old. Perhaps he was at home in those years looking after the kids doing part time jobs. I know that sounds unlikely. The separation happened around the time his final job started.

I was a bit perplexed by the arrangement, and I'm not an attorney. I was just reading on divorce.net that California is considered a community property state but community property appears to apply to assets accrued when two people are married and living together. It appears that once they separated, any savings, investments, etc. the wife accrued on her own would belong to her and that she also wouldn't be responsible for any debts he incurred in his own name, after the separation.

She may have tried to take the path of least resistance with him by not getting a divorce. I don't know. I don't think she knew or suspected he was the GSK, but he was probably very difficult to live with, at a minimum.

What happens in filing of income taxes? And claiming dependents, which one might guess daughters went with their mother? Was he contributing for his children? They had to come to some kind of amicable arrangement.

In my opinion, I don't think she knew anything about his other life. And who knows she might have been hard to live with, too. (Not that I'm taking his side.)

Oh! I forgot this part at CrimeCon!

They had a timeline slide up, and Margaret Wardlow (youngest victim) saw the date that JJD was married...11/10/73. She was just realizing (outloud!) that he attacked her on his 4th anniversary, 11/10/77! She was just realizing that and was saying outloud, "that's how you spend your ANNIVERSARY?!"

Yep, it appears he did twice! WTH

You are right - the missing years workwise are 79-91, they moved into CH house in ' 83, Kids born 81/86/89 , separated in 91when youngest was 2 years old. Perhaps he was at home in those years looking after the kids doing part time jobs. I know that sounds unlikely. The separation happened around the time his final job started.
Not to forget, in 86 the middle child was born in SoCal.

He probably took her out to a Steakhouse for an early dinner, took her home, and then snuck out at 1 am for a nightcap crime spree.

That’s what I thought initially too, but then the crimes probably happened in the early morning hours of their anniversary, not after their anniversary dinner.

MOO

I'm sot sure if many of the people reading this thread are aware that the majority of the Visalia Ransackings were sexually motivated. Many of the homes that were targeted had young females living in the homes, and it was the bedroom of these young women that got most 'attention' from the VR. Many of the girls attended Mt Whitney High School, or attended First Baptist Church. Some like Beth Snelling, did both.

Even if the houses where it didn't initially seem like a sexually motivated attack, dig a little further and you begin to see why that particular house may have been attacked.

The LA Times interviewed Pat Monno yesterday. His revolver was stolen in a ransacking and later used to murder Professor Claude Snelling.
Have you ever written anything on this that was published? If not I think you should. After more details of JJD come out to go with what you already know you should write a book. Js.

Considering it’s now known that DeAngelo, was a sworn police officer while committing those crimes, why is it unbelievable to you that a fellow officer would assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80