Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bail appeal, not a hearing. Maybe those types of documents are allowed in such proceedings, the way unsubstantiated allegations dressed up as evidence have been allowed through in bail proceedings. MOO

Are you alleging malicious prosecution, froggy? If so, the very best of luck to BS and his lawyer getting a positive result in the courts for that one, eg:

Gordon Wood loses malicious prosecution case

Last edited:
Are you alleging malicious prosecution, froggy? If so, the very best of luck to BS and his lawyer getting a positive result in the courts for that one, eg:

Also, from the above article:
But Friday's ruling means he won't receive any compensation and he's also been ordered to pay the state's costs.

BBM.

Just for the record, ksks was a registered member of WS, just like you or I, who purported themselves to be a lawyer. The member was not verified as actually being a lawyer by WS’ staff AFAIK. There is a difference.
The member got himself verified. I used the wrong term. Please forgive my mistake around terminology, it's just that I haven't come across anyone else on this thread in the last 3 point whatever years who has been verified.

I remember, the 6 yo was also pushed onto a wall or onto the floor (from the bed) and was present all the time certainly. What's with her memory re her little sister?
Most important in case BS would be: which document (medical, phsychological) got lost during the time and why and who is to blame and to whom had this person a connection?
One of the documents lost was BS original interview with police at the time of the assaults. Bit of bad luck there.

I'm stating what has been reported on the court proceedings

Nocookies

Court documents state police investigating the alleged abuse “were made aware of further disturbing allegations of children being involved in witnessing or performing sex acts on each other, with another male adult present.”

Judge Geoffrey Bellew, who will rule tomorrow on whether Mr Spedding will be released on bail, took issue with this yesterday, saying: “It’s not evidence is it? It’s an account of what appear to be uncorroborated, unsubstantiated allegations.”

The member got himself verified. I used the wrong term. Please forgive my mistake around terminology, it's just that I haven't come across anyone else on this thread in the last 3 point whatever years who has been verified.

They weren’t verified as a lawyer on WS as far as I recall and I spent a lot of time discussing another case with them. Please correct me if I’m wrong. You don’t have to be verified on WS to have an opinion, as you and I well know.

I'm stating what has been reported on the court proceedings

Nocookies

Court documents state police investigating the alleged abuse “were made aware of further disturbing allegations of children being involved in witnessing or performing sex acts on each other, with another male adult present.”

Judge Geoffrey Bellew, who will rule tomorrow on whether Mr Spedding will be released on bail, took issue with this yesterday, saying: “It’s not evidence is it? It’s an account of what appear to be uncorroborated, unsubstantiated allegations.”

Oh, OK. Just checking.

All I can say to that is, if you really want to find that evidence of acquittal then you will go looking for it. Yes, same 3 year old he asked for a stat dec from. He had a relationship with her at the time of asking for the stat dec and was probably surprised that she had the ideas about him that she does, particularly as she has no memory of events as a three year old. Is this three year old who was victimised as a child the same vulnerable adult that was leaned heavily upon by the strikeforce to give evidence in this case cause it might help a missing child?

I wonder who the authorised witness was to the stat dec?
Maybe they were not worth the paper they were written on.

“I’ll get through this,” Ms Spedding said after the hearing, while declining to answer further questions.

“I’ll have a lot to say later, when I’m ready.

“After he has become aware of police making enquiries concerning he and the Tyrrell matter, the accused has commenced contacting those known to him requesting they provide him with statutory declarations endorsing his good character.”

One alleged victim told police “the accused has directly lobbied her for a declaration that states he did not sexually abuse her or similar when she was a child”.

After his arrest on Wednesday, this alleged victim received calls and a text message from a “third party” known to Mr Spedding, which read, “It really saddens me you’re involved in this”, the documents allege.

Nocookies
Sex-ring assaults of sisters alleged

I am looking forward to all MS has to say. When she is ready of course.

For the life of me I cannot understand why someone would be contacting those known to them seeking good character declarations.

Last edited:
Oh, OK. Just checking.
why you checking on my motivation on most times I offer an opinion?

"They weren’t verified as a lawyer on WS as far as I recall and I spent a lot of time discussing another case with them. Please correct me if I’m wrong. You don’t have to be verified on WS to have an opinion, as you and I well know." - Bohemeian

My mistake about Ksks verification, I remember him applying to websleuths way back. Just found a quote in the Warriena Wright case, thread 10, that he had applied 18 months previously and had not heard back from WS. When it was suggested he remind them, he thought it hardly worth it, as his experience on here when he compared with others who were verified lawyers was similar anyway, that many members did not seem to be interested in the legal aspects of the law process if it didn't hold with their opinion. Apologies. I always found his posts to be legally sound and informative so had no reason to doubt his qualifications and accept his reasons for not pursuing verification. Why do you tell me things I am already aware of, like what qualifies people to have an opinion on here? Strange. MOO

why you checking on my motivation on most times I offer an opinion?

"They weren’t verified as a lawyer on WS as far as I recall and I spent a lot of time discussing another case with them. Please correct me if I’m wrong. You don’t have to be verified on WS to have an opinion, as you and I well know." - Bohemeian

My mistake about Ksks verification, I remember him applying to websleuths way back. Just found a quote in the Warriena Wright case, thread 10, that he had applied 18 months previously and had not heard back from WS. When it was suggested he remind them, he thought it hardly worth it, as his experience on here when he compared with others who were verified lawyers was similar anyway, that many members did not seem to be interested in the legal aspects of the law process if it didn't hold with their opinion. Apologies. I always found his posts to be legally sound and informative so had no reason to doubt his qualifications and accept his reasons for not pursuing verification. Why do you tell me things I am already aware of, like what qualifies people to have an opinion on here? Strange. MOO

Yeah, OK.

I wonder who the authorised witness was to the stat dec?
Maybe they were not worth the paper they were written on.

“I’ll get through this,” Ms Spedding said after the hearing, while declining to answer further questions.

“I’ll have a lot to say later, when I’m ready.

“After he has become aware of police making enquiries concerning he and the Tyrrell matter, the accused has commenced contacting those known to him requesting they provide him with statutory declarations endorsing his good character.”

One alleged victim told police “the accused has directly lobbied her for a declaration that states he did not sexually abuse her or similar when she was a child”.

After his arrest on Wednesday, this alleged victim received calls and a text message from a “third party” known to Mr Spedding, which read, “It really saddens me you’re involved in this”, the documents allege.

Nocookies
Sex-ring assaults of sisters alleged

I am looking forward to all MS has to say. When she is ready of course.

For the life of me I cannot understand why someone wold be contacting those known to them seeking good character declarations.

I too am looking forward to what MS has to say later. Sometimes I get very rushed on this forum and leave pertinent points out of my posts. MS and BS had an ongoing relationship with the victim at the time he was seeking a stat dec. from her about his good character and denial of the historical allegations. I am not saying that she did not know that an assault had happened to her as a 3 year old. If she has no recollection, then I can only imagine that it was discussed with her by family over the years and yet she had a relationship with the alleged perpetrator at the time of the historical offence charges. He may well have been under the impression in those circumstances that she did not believe that he did this to her and therefore asked her for a stat dec. MS text is ambiguous. BS was likely looking for stat decs. in relation to the WT investigation at the time and had been asked and had been asked questions about the historical allegations. I see the logic and have offered it before. Unwise, absolutely, in hindsight. IMO

I too am looking forward to what MS has to say later. Sometimes I get very rushed on this forum and leave pertinent points out of my posts. MS and BS had an ongoing relationship with the victim at the time he was seeking a stat dec. from her about his good character and denial of the historical allegations. I am not saying that she did not know that an assault had happened to her as a 3 year old. If she has no recollection, then I can only imagine that it was discussed with her by family over the years and yet she had a relationship with the alleged perpetrator at the time of the historical offence charges. He may well have been under the impression in those circumstances that she did not believe that he did this to her and therefore asked her for a stat dec. MS text is ambiguous. BS was likely looking for stat decs. in relation to the WT investigation at the time and had been asked and had been asked questions about the historical allegations. I see the logic and have offered it before. Unwise, absolutely, in hindsight. IMO

Relationship or no relationship. Why would you be having a conversation that involved. Hey can you sign a stat dec to say I did not sexually abuse you when you were three years old.

Was it written up and ready to be signed or just something that was being discussed for future reference? You know, just in case.

Because she did not sign it and contacted the police.

According to court documents, Mr Spedding asked an alleged victim to sign a declaration about his “good character” after learning police were investigating him over William’s disappearance.

He contacted one of his alleged victims, who is now an adult, “directly lobbying” her to declare he did not sexually abuse her when she was a child, according to police facts tendered in court.

The alleged victim refused and reported his request to police

No Cookies | Townsville Bulletin

Mother demands answers on why her children were living with Bill Spedding

Last edited:
BS has a copy of the original police interview and was happy to provide it, his offer was turned down.

Do you have a link for that information please, Josie?

With the unsubstantiated 'facts' being posted over the last several pages, maybe a refresher is appropriate at this time ....

*To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a fact, you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

*Do not become personally involved in cases by reaching out to case players and then post about it on the forum.

Websleuths Rules

Last edited:
Under normal circumstances, I would agree, SA. I’ve been told by trauma-aware psychologists that if children are traumatised during childhood, it is quite normal for them to compartmentalise those traumatic memories as a protective measure. This compartmentalisation can occur even in adulthood, which is not to say the traumatic memories and the consequences of acknowledging childhood trauma can’t be integrated over time (with the the assistance of a trained trauma-aware therapist). Until then, traumatic memories are often experienced as flashbacks, feelings of unease, or even panic, in situations that are sometimes only vaguely reminiscent of those when the original trauma occurred. (Take this from someone who lives with Complex Trauma AKA Complex PTSD.)

Yes, I can understand this. I can also imagine a victim of such horrors as these girls apparently experienced would have ongoing problems with many things ... trust, feelings of safety, to name just two.

It was very, very brave of them to try to seek justice for the crimes committed against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix