Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you saying “very likely reading here”? What factual basis are you basing your probability on?
It’s pretty easy to find Websleuths if you’re following the Mollie Tibbetts case.

In fact, LE states at the PC to be suspicious of men closely following this case.

Thus, if a perp is closely following this case, they’re bound to come across Websleuths.

It’s not an irrational conclusion to come to and requires simple logic.

It's strangely worded, but I think it just developed from the bf saying that her last Snapchat seemed to be indoors.

“Seemed to be indoors.” Wouldn’t DJ recognize the interior of his own house or Mollie’s mother’s house or even a friends house?

The legal basis for receiving the reward was "safe return of Mollie." However, the the gov website launched today cites that a substantial reward exists for the "recovery of Mollie." It's unknown what if any changes are being made to the terms of the reward as initially written.
So we are talking about two separate rewards?

LE will warn a community when there's something specific to warn about and/or they have information about an imminent attack. If they have no concrete reason to believe another attack is coming, they're not going to warn generally. Don't quote me on this but I think in 76-77 during David Berkowitz's killing spree in NYC police actually warned women that there was a killer targeting women with long brown hair. Some young women on their own cut their hair shorter.

Ted Bundy might be who you are referring to? He was serial killer, attracted to specific hair style, due to an ex-girlfriend.

Where is the original link to SharonNeedles video on YouTube? I can’t find it and am lost. Thanks so much. I’m really upset about this case.

Check the first page of this thread--links to all five.

I don’t find the word “recovery” used on LE’s new website, to be especially significant. Law enforcement has consistently said that they are treating Mollie’s disappearance as a missing person’s case. They refuse to use the words “foul play,” so I can’t imagine one word on a website is somehow an effort to indicate to us that Mollie is dead.
As much as we all hope and pray that Mollie is still alive, the odds are against it, regardless of the words that LE uses however.
So the reward for the recovery of Mollie is a SEPARATE reward from " safe return?" For some reason I thought the wording was changed in the original reward.

Looking at LE's map it seems a likely route whoever took Mollie would have taken is coming in off of route 80, entering Brooklyn passing the car wash (camera?), abducting MT at some point, heading towards the 285th ave. area and down the isolated dirt road, and then possibly disposing of evidence in unspecified area 1 (possibly throwing something off the bridge Google Maps) , continuing to unspecified area 2, and then where?
Or possibly another sequence of events?

Attachments

• 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 35
So the reward for the recovery of Mollie is a SEPARATE reward from " safe return?" For some reason I thought the wording was changed in the original reward.
Nope. The CrimeStoppers reward is still contingent upon “safe return.” The language on the tip site says “recovery.” I’m not sure what the deal is with other rewards.

if donations have been made for a specific wording of safe return I do not think the same reward fund can be used for remains recovery tips. i think the wording would have to be amended somehow or a new fund with recovery of remains stated or just a how ever we can get her back type wording. so i think the word recovery is being used out of typical LE usage or just who ever typed it worded it less official.
Agree and it's possible that LE intentionally got it wrong when they said there was a large reward for the "recovery" (as opposed to safe return) of Mollie. Their apparent error about the reward could lead to more tips about a suspect.

I think many of us should not post publicly our theories on if/what LE (could be or is) doing, specifically, as a strategy to track down the perp and how/what methods they’d use/ are using to go about it. The perp is VERY likely to be reading here and we don’t want to help him. It’s so easy to find WS in google search engine for each case. There are many potentially revealing posts speculating things LE is doing specifically to track the perp that have been posted after the PC today and I think Tricia and admins should delete them. If you see the posts, report them to admins to help them out with what would be a time consuming job....

That's what this thread is for---to post and discuss theories regarding this case.

Agree and it's possible that LE intentionally got it wrong when they said there was a large reward for the "recovery" (as opposed to safe return) of Mollie. Their apparent error about the reward could lead to more tips about a suspect.
That crossed my mind as well. It couldn’t hurt.

A lot of possibilities involved. What if LE'S poi or perp

A lot of possibilities. What if a poi or perp, is currently in custody, on unrelated charges. And there is not believed to be sufficient evidence, to charge him with MT offense. The public would not be in any danger, because he is in custody. And LE is actively searching for additional evidence, to complete their case against the person. So they are still appealing to the public, for the missing info. Or there is more than one person involved. Just one scenario, where public not perceived to be in danger, if LE has stated that.
Excellent explanation for all those who are questioning why they didn't say whether or not public is in danger!!!! Thank you!

That's what this thread is for---to post and discuss theories regarding this case.
it would be more concerning if everyone here agreed on a exact, but this is all over the place. nothing said here that perp if viewing likely hasn't already considered. might even leave more confused than before got here, IF they have been here.

Well..... we're no closer to finding Mollie, IMO. Sad day! This is sounding more and more like a stranger. Those appear to be the hardest cases to solve, With us not knowing the abduction scene, if any evidence was obtained there, no make/model of vehicle, no photos of a perp, basically we know Mollie is missing... I wouldn't want to be in LE's shoes trying to solve this one. Very frustrating for them, for Mollie's family, for the community. Please let there be a break in this case soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb