Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.

UPDATED 8/12/2018:

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  • Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  • She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • The dogs were in the basement
  • She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • She went for a run at 7:30
  • She usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s
  • She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS

UPDATED 8/12/2018:

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  • Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  • She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • The dogs were in the basement
  • She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • She went for a run at 7:30
  • She usually runs for 45 minutes
  • A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s
  • She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS
Thank you for the update, you all are so awesome!

From the last thread, charliegizmo said:

“I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.”

Is there a websleuths thread for this?

Also, @Harmony2 had linked something iirc early on re: trucker highway killings, what was that again?

As a local mentioned previously, meth is prevalent. Maybe some tweaker came into town to get some drugs from his dealer.

I’m also wondering about the status of “dry counties” nearby, and if there is a liquor store(s) in Brooklyn and nearby.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 72
  • 19a.jpg
    19a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 64

“Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change and may even question them about it, but will not relate the change to that person’s involvement in a crime. Since Wednesday, July 18, 2018, you may have noticed one or more of the following changes:

Change in normal routine, which might include missing school, work, or routine engagements without a plausible explanation;
A vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold/disposed of;
Unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day;
Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th;
Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in cut or color of hair);
Displays of anxiety, nervousness, stress or irritability;
Unexplained injuries;
Changes in consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes;
Changes in sleep patterns;
Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation.“

Re: the LE no danger 'per se' remark - I think they likely mean that the person who did this achieved his goal and is not hanging around a small town that's crawling with LE and in the national spotlight.

This is from the previous thread -- I decided to bring it along, not that it is of any overwhelming info, but fwiw:

This is horrible to consider, but might the Fitbit suddenly ceasing to record data be a clue to LE that MT might no longer be living?
I'm not sure what kind of fitbit MT has, but mine (3 yrs old) has to be charged about every 4-5 days. From what I know, there's no way the fitbit could be still sending signals this long without being charged several times. Maybe there is a kind of f/b that keeps a charge for a month or so, or has some type of built-in solar or action-charged battery.

Just going to throw this out there. Not sure if someone has mentioned it or not. I know a while back in one of the threads someone mentioned that Wednesday is a church night. I also thought remembered that Mollie is religious and does a lot of praying. Not sure on if she goes to church or what church. I am thinking if she is religious she might have went to churches in the area before (even if just one time). I noticed there is a church over on Clay street called Grace United Methodist Church. I wonder if someone from that church told her there was an emergency or something at the church and used that to take advantage of her. The Snapchat COULD have been taken somewhere inside of the church. I would think church services would start around 6PM or 7PM. They would have already have ended by the time the suspected Snapchat was taken. I know Mollie went missing on a Wednesday. And from what I remembered seeing is that Clay street might be near her jogging route. Just a thought I had. There's also a Presbyterian church near there. Could be someone traveling that delivers supplies to the churches or something that Mollie knows (not real well). If they delivered supplies they could be familiar with the area too. Maybe someone working temporarily at the church. I don't know. I don't go to church so I don't know what type of jobs would be listed at a church. Just all speculation.

From the last thread, charliegizmo said:

“I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.”

Is there a websleuths thread for this?

Also, @Harmony2 had linked something iirc early on re: trucker highway killings, what was that again?

I posted about long-haul trucker and serial killer Adam Leroy Lane. The link I had posted had 10 others.

A week and a half after that, long-haul trucker Adam Leroy Lane, who was based in North Carolina, walked to residences near a Route 78 truck stop in New Jersey, looking for an unlocked door. Monica Massaro was found dead later with multiple stab wounds to her head and upper body.

The next night in Massachusetts, 15-year-old Shea McDonough’s muffled sounds of struggle roused her parents, who walked into her bedroom to witness Lane standing over her bed, holding a knife to her throat.

http://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-serial-killing-long-haul-truckers/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member