Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts -
I’m thinking this is definitely a case of familicide. Not sure what the motive was at this point but since this case is so fresh I’m certain that will come out in time. The end result is the same though regardless of motive : For reasons unknown, CW decided his life would be better off without his pesky family weighing him down any longer so he heartlessly murdered them.

He obviously thought this out (premeditation) being that he chose to dispose of the bodies in an oil tank knowing would conceal the smell of decomposition and the bodies would be unlikely to be discovered. I believe he did initially plan to place his wife in there along with her babies.

The tanks that the toddlers were found in are fairly large and CW would have needed to climb a ladder to put them in. This could definitely explain why SW wasn’t found in the same locations as her babies - he may have simply been unable to lift her up that ladder so he had to dump her elsewhere.

He wasn’t prepared for the body of his wife to be too heavy for him to carry up that ladder. Nor was he prepared for that extremely concerned friend who reported SW missing 8 hours after dropping her off after she didn’t respond to texts. Since his plans were thwarted he had to act fast leading him to drop her body somewhere else. Maybe he intended to move her again but the friend had LE involved only a few hours later so that was no longer possible. He had to play the distraught Dad role at that point.

Had he placed her in the oil tank along with her babies as intended the bodies may have never been found and he possibly could have a completely different outcome.

Thank goodness for that friend that too notice when her intuition told her something was up. We all need friends like that.

All Jmo of course - just trying to make sense of this atrocity.

I really agree with your comments about familicide.

However, I think the tank the bodies were retrieved from is one attached to a well and is much smaller than the huge oil and gas storage tanks that you are describing. From my look at one of the Anadarko diagrams, I'm guessing the hatch isn't more than 5 feet off the ground. (See diagram below) He'd need a a short ladder or maybe had to stand in the bed of the pickup truck, although I think there might be a chain link fence around it. If he could get the two little girls up there, he could get SW's body up there too. Take a look at him shirtless mowing the lawn. He's been doing a lot of upper body weights. I think that dawn was already breaking when he left the house and he stashed her in a shallow grave, expecting to come back that night & place her in the tank.

HOWEVER, the report said the tank was almost full. Maybe he had all 3 bodies there at the same time but realized it was too full to put all 3 in and could only hold the smaller 2. He then elected to put SW in a nearby shallow grave he quickly dug, intending to come back at some time and place her in a different oil well tank.....

20170516__17TCAFIRw~2.jpg

You are right - if he'd gotten her in the tank who knows if the bodies would ever have been found or identified.

Last edited:
This case brought me back to WS...WHY is that man smiling in the interview?????

‘dupers delight’.

Definition: A sociopath doesn’t feel too many emotions.

Yep! Eyes For Lies always calls this reaction Duper’s Delight. They cannot hide the fact that they are enjoying lying, and love that they think they will fool everyone and get away with it.

I agree 100% with your entire post!

I couldn’t post every move I make on SM - facade or not. I think I would rather stick my hand in a fryer.:D

Yeah, I'm with you. I hate airing dirty laundry and I think others do, too. I just want to get people to sign petitions and look at my cute greyhounds. LIke who wants to hear if Jim and I had a fight? Like who wants to relive that by posting about it? SW was especially active on SM which I think says she was a little lonely, even with all that business and all those business chums. JMO....you know, for what it's worth and all that.

And another thing...that doll ont he couch. I'm sure it means nothing. But the coincidence is perturbing to me.

I believe that C.W. 's behavior and actions are parallel to Jeffrey MacDonald's.

They both demonstrated narcissistic rage at a psychopathic level when killing their wives and children.

I happen to think that the girls woke up to the sounds of fighting and that they were killed after 2:00 a.m., same as S.W.

You may find this article (below) fascinating. A forensic psychologist has placed murderers in specific categories, according to psychopathy.

On The Scale Of Evil, Where Do Murderers Rate?
Jeff MacDonald was smarter though. It was the pre DNA forensics era but he did manage to stay out of prison for almost 10 years. Heck even Scott Peterson had being a glib salesman going for him and stayed out of jail for months.
This Chris Watts, he didn't 'have game' in more ways than one..

Really I don't think the patches do a thing. Reputable scientists and doctors would say that most molecules and substances can't enter a body transdermally and get into circulation in such a way to cause effects. And it's a good thing our skin is such a protective organ!

Although I think Thrive patches are a total scam I can see they are sorta ingenious in the Instagram era. Even if wearing my kids Finding Dory band aids on my collarbone would have the same null pharmacological effect. Lots of opportunities for neat selfies displaying the patches.

On SWs social media the whole "I only sleep from 3 to 6 am and am a super mom and wife, cleaning driving a Lexus vacationing exercising making bank" stuff is sad to me. Especially knowing what happened to her.
I totally agree with you...it almost feels like a emptiness behind this super happy facade.

Yep! Eyes For Lies always calls this reaction Duper’s Delight. They cannot hide the fact that they are enjoying lying, and love that they think they will fool everyone and get away with it.

Not only were his eyes smiling, but so was his mouth. He was LOVING the attention, and thinking he was going to get away with it. IMO.

Going back to his interview -

It is extremely telling how CW talks about his family in past tense.. usjng WAS/WERE instead of IS as if he knew they would not be returning.

This must have been the first clue to LE that something was very wrong with CW and his story.

Jmo
Perhaps in this situation use of past tense might havr been a flag, but I just want to state ftr that use of past tense is not always an indicator in all cases as I’ve seen here before where someone uses past tense and the person is found alive. So, I always keep that in mind in my evaluations.

After looking through her very public Facebook photos (and the doll on a couch is still there - just not 0n her timeline) I gotta be honest, her marketing of Le-Vel was pretty excellent and I can easily see how people get sucked in.

On the other hand, I can see how doing so much of this marketing would take a LOT of time. I would guess it's gotta be more time consuming than a full time job especially with all that travel.

My thought on the doll is: Isn't it pretty common for little girls to cover dolls' head when they're 'sleeping'? I'm not bothered by this photo.

My daughter never covered her baby dolls’ heads. Little kids try to nurture their dollies like they are mimicking adults.

There is no way the kids did that to the doll. The Twister mat is folded so nicely with the edges lined up. It is posed the way it is to look longer than it is. The doll is 3’ long and hard plastic. It doesn’t bend in the middle. The head of the is on the sofa between the two pillows, not on the pillow on the right. There is something under the cover to give the impression that there is a head. And if you look carefully, it looks like a horrified face on it or outlined by the mat, but that could be an ugly coincidence, just based on how the plastic is laid. The guy did that.

Jeff MacDonald was smarter though. It was the pre DNA forensics era but he did manage to stay out of prison for almost 10 years. Heck even Scott Peterson had being a glib salesman going for him and stayed out of jail for months.
This Chris Watts, he didn't 'have game' in more ways than one..
CW doesn't strike me as an especially intelligent guy. He's like Drew and the others in many ways, but I don't think he has their smarts. To me in that interview he looked like the walls were closing in on him not like he was in control and outsmarting everyone.

Not only were his eyes smiling, but so was his mouth. He was LOVING the attention, and thinking he was going to get away with it. IMO.

If there was no evidence in the house, garage, truck, no security video, and if SW was in one of the tanks I think he could have gotten away with it. And that freaks me out. I’m glad he is behind bars!

I am just catching up and have not seen this mentioned, but it was my first thought. Mom came home, argument ensued, it got physical and he killed her. The girls were witnesses and could not live because they would tell. It has been my thought all along. BBM

I disagree. In your scenario, he would have had 3 bodies on his hands and could have placed all 3 of them into the tank at the same time. The Anadarko oil well scematic show the tank is fairly low to the ground and a woman's body could be placed in it if he had a short stepladder.
And that's what makes him the psychopath.....

CW doesn't strike me as an especially intelligent guy. He's like Drew and the others in many ways, but I don't think he has their smarts. To me in that interview he looked like the walls were closing in on him not like he was in control and outsmarting everyone.
I think he just didn't anticipate SW's friend showing up and raining on his parade-she is why he had the walls closing in on him so quickly. I'm grateful for her, because he had no time to clean up his mess.

Just popping in to say...my sister sold the Thrive patches. They contain an incredible amount of caffeine. Trying to get off of the patches made you feel awful. I had horrible headaches and felt so shaky. This may experience with them. This is especially true if you take the accompanied pills.
Really I don't think the patches do a thing. Reputable scientists and doctors would say that most molecules and substances can't enter a body transdermally and get into circulation in such a way to cause effects. And it's a good thing our skin is such a protective organ!

Although I think Thrive patches are a total scam I can see they are sorta ingenious in the Instagram era. Even if wearing my kids Finding Dory band aids on my collarbone would have the same null pharmacological effect. Lots of opportunities for neat selfies displaying the patches.

On SWs social media the whole "I only sleep from 3 to 6 am and am a super mom and wife, cleaning driving a Lexus vacationing exercising making bank" stuff is sad to me. Especially knowing what happened to her.

Can I ask a general question? Obviously LE will go through their computers, mobiles etc. If CW wiped the history on any of them, do LE have any other software to recover info?

Yes. I don't think anyone has the ability to really "delete" anything from a computer or cellphone.

Casey Anthony tried that, and although they found the info they needed after the trial, they did find it.

I have to think CW was trying to dispose of all 3 bodies at the same time....

He would torture SW by showing her the dead bodies of her little girls and make her realize he was going to murder her, too.

Then he has 3 bodies and less than 2 hours of darkness to get them out of the house and hide them.
The isolated, remote oil well tank is a cunning idea.

20170516__17TCAFIRw~2.jpg

(I'd love to see if he has computer searches for hiding decomposition), and it strikes me as a premeditated, researched idea, not a sudden flash of inspiration. And he could easily scout out the most remote, most ignored one within a reasonable drive.

Then he has 3 bodies to dispose of. LE tells us that the tank was mostly full. Was it too full for all 3 bodies? Did he have to made a difficult choice in the predawn dark out there? Was it better to put the two small ones in there or her body? Tick, tick, tick the clock is ticking and dawn is coming.

So he decides to put the two small ones in there and then has to quickly dig a shallow grave nearby for SW. Did he intend to return in the dark and place her into a second oil well tank?

Hopefully we will know, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members