Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was ample evidence that Johnny Gosch was abducted. His happened very early in the morning when only a handful of people were awake, still there were witness statements about suspicious vehicles and people.

Maybe there are witnesses who saw suspicious vehicles/people in Mollie's case and are heeding LE directive not to speak to the media (or anyone else) about what they saw. The only witnesses we've heard from saw nothing more than her presence jogging, but that doesn't mean more wasn't seen by some who have kept silent to the media/public. Just a thought.

Maybe there are witnesses who saw suspicious vehicles/people in Mollie's case and are heeding LE directive not to speak to the media (or anyone else) about what they saw. The only witnesses we've heard from saw nothing more than her presence jogging, but that doesn't mean more wasn't seen by some who have kept silent to the media/public. Just a thought.
That’s a very valid thought, especially at this point where every potential witness the media names is subsequently treated as a suspect on social media. I would think if that were the case though we’d still hear potential suspect descriptors, especially early in the case.

My question to be asked on here is she lists Oakland Cali as hometown, between the university of iowa, grinnell, oakland there thousands of possibilities of people that kind of know her that could know she was home alone for the weekend.

I think we're just questioning who would sacrifice their sleep on a Wednesday when they could strike on a weekend and sleep in. I mean, Mollie running regularly would have meant other opportunities, especially if she wasn't taken at the house. but it is true that the person could have worked all day and went to work the next day. especially young people can easily tell themselves I'll make up for my sleep after work tomorrow. those of us older people tend to make ourselves go to bed. I'm always surprised by working mothers who manage to do it all. work, raise kids, and go to school sometimes. makes me tired thinking about it, but some people are just more energetic and it's easy for some of us to question how these people seem to have so much energy. Of course having to work the next day would not make any difference if there was an accident/cover up or it started out as a friendly conversation and later emotions got involved. I wonder if anyone seen Mollie casually chatting with anyone in town or maybe even one of the guys at the co-op, not necessarily the night she went missing. Electrical worker, Grass cutter. Maybe they saw her with the dogs and they developed an attachment after a friendly conversation. Or, maybe someone along her jogging routes fixated on her and tried talking to her.

Self-employed, or 'well-off'' (doesn't have to work) or is on vacation.

IMO -- if the perp (assuming there IS a perp) is AT ALL familiar with the area, there's no way he's hiding a body in a field of any kind. Farmers are notorious for watching their fields like a hawk... and with very good reason. Farming is incredibly hard work and those fields are their livelihood. My granddaddy was a farmer, and although his farm was in SC and he mostly cropped tobacco, I think most farmers treat their beloved crops the same. He constantly checked up on his fields and would immediately notice if so much as a squirrel had disturbed anything. While he certainly didn't walk up and down every row of every tobacco, corn, or cotton field that he farmed, he definitely traveled around the outer edges of those fields at least once a week and would have noticed anything out of the ordinary (like footprints or drag marks or flattened crops, etc.) I can only assume the farmers in Iowa would notice it too.
That's really interesting. I grew up in rural Ohio and was in and out of nearby cornfields looking for arrowheads and I never saw a farmer "checking their fields". They very well could have. I just never saw it. I was very careful and never trampled the corn when it was young or knocked down stalks when the corn was higher. Never had a farmer shown up at our door telling me to stay out. I never asked and I assumed they never knew..lol. But now I have to wonder if they did.

An earlier post in this thread about maybe a car not being involved immediately got me thinking along those lines.

Perhaps someone on her running route that she just knows peripherally--like she knows of them, they live in town obviously, but she doesn't know them super well (or, I guess it could be someone she knows well)--was out in their yard or on their porch when she ran by and hollered out to her...something to get her to come closer for a second. Just enough to get her into their yard/on their porch, and no one else would necessarily find that odd. But then they overpowered her, drug her into their house, and from there, after they did whatever they wanted to her, they could put her into their car without anyone seeing (attached garage, or car parked far back down the driveway by their house). They would drive her and her stuff somewhere else to "dispose of" (I hate using that term when talking about a human being, but not sure how else to say it). That would account for the "ping" or whatever they say the FitBit did.

I don't know. JMO and just a thought as to how something may have happened on her run without a lot of noise, a lot of witnesses, no suspicious vehicle, etc.

I don’t think we could know why at this point. Numerous possibilies, especially considering the number of friends Mollie would have in and around that town. I couldn’t imagine that she wouldn’t stop and catch up if she ran into a friend that she hadn’t seen in awhile. It could be as simple as that turned into a conversation the ends with “it’s getting dark, let me give you a lift.”
I think it would be more like, "Hey, I wanted to ask you something. Can we talk for a minute?"

The river is only 20 miles north of Brooklyn. I looked at my iPhone map in “satellite” view, and there is dense tree cover and houses look very sparse. I just can’t believe they haven’t done thorough ground searches out there.

But the truck stop...that keeps getting to me...so close to the highway...

Two truck stops... the TA to the south and a Pilot to the east. Too bad trucker ELD data is not centralized/collected*; otherwise I'd search for ELD data that was set for maximum drive time from one of the two truck stops on 7/18 .

*ELD is electronic logging device, required for most truckers, but as far as I know, many vendors using different platforms and not searchable, but IDK for sure.

She jogged all the time, for weeks - months. Nothing happened. This was her second night alone in the house. Sorry I am unable to get past that fact.

It could be the perp did not know MT was dog-sitting, was to be alone overnight but vehicles were not parked in the driveway / on the street, IF he even cared about who was home or not or even where she lived.

To back SharonNeedles up, I lived in Iowa City for 8 years, and there existed a cultural pressure *to* take rides, even at times from people I didn't know (friend of a friend, or). Sitting at a bus stop, or biking home from Goodwill at 9pm after it closed (I took a ride from a stranger once in extreme cold. Turned out fine). Even in a town the size of Iowa City, when you move there you will learn the expression, "The Iowa City Turn Around." This is where, before you start talking about someone not present, you turn around to ensure either they aren't in the vicinity, or anyone who knows them is.

Never, coming from a large city to Iowa, would I have believed I'd let my guard down after a while. But I did. Were I to return to Iowa, my guard would go down once again. edit: MT could have caught a ride for countless reasons.
Y'all are a bunch of hicks.. . Haha I'm a country girl myself, grew up in a small town, well I thought it was small, of about 8000. I love the turn around concept, so funny! And I completely agree that you can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know. I can't even imagine a population of 1500. That's like the amount in the entire high school in many places. I do find it incredible that something could have happened with not one person seeing a thing. A huge mystery. It would have to be the perfect location, the most secluded spot, or her willingly going for a ride with someone. But then, you would think someone would have seen that too.

That’s a very valid thought, especially at this point where every potential witness the media names is subsequently treated as a suspect on social media. I would think if that were the case though we’d still hear potential suspect descriptors, especially early in the case.

You'd think so, but since the FBI came in and clamped down, so very little has seeped out.

If she did get in a car willingly, for whatever reason, the time it takes to slow down, exchange a few words, open the car door and then take off could be the same amount of time it takes for an abductor to overpower her, put her in the car and close the door. If no one witnessed her getting in a car voluntarily, no one may have seen an abduction either. But it would have to be in a secluded spot, like near that dirt road to Grinnell near her house, I would think.

She jogged all the time, for weeks - months. Nothing happened. This was her second night alone in the house. Sorry I am unable to get past that fact. Don't think it was the jogging.

I agree. I think it was like someone found that 'finally, she is alone' and I can 'interact' with her one on one. JMO This person knew ahead of time that she would be alone at the house.

If she did get in a car willingly, for whatever reason, the time it takes to slow down, exchange a few words, open the car door and then take off could be the same amount of time it takes for an abductor to overpower her, put her in the car and close the door. If no one witnessed her getting in a car voluntarily, no one may have seen an abduction either. But it would have to be in a secluded spot, like near that dirt road to Grinnell near her house, I would think.
All it would take either while she was walking along side of the road, out of sight of any observers or either in the house, would be a taser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130