Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it looks like Mollie was jogging to her mother's house at 7:30PM, she was halfway there when she was attacked by an opportunistic murderer, she fought hard to get away and didn't succeed. She was left in the corn field later that evening and the clothing found with her body helped with identification.

I'm also perplexed about what exactly happened at Boundary and Middle Str, and at 1900 385 Ave. My guess is that CCTV is from Boundary and Middle Str., and that this is where the suspect first accosted Mollie. I'm guessing that this was her regular route for jogging to her mother's house to collect the car.

I think he stopped, not parked, the car and tried to grab her, and she tried to get away from him. I think he chased her at the abduction site. He admits that she has a head injury which might have happened at the time of abduction, and might have happened at the 1900 385 Ave. location. I find it very hard to believe that she voluntarily ran away from Brooklyn on 385 Ave.

I don't believe that she said anything about calling police. I think the suspect is attempting to blame Mollie for her murder by claiming that she threatened him with police intervention, which in his mind means expulsion to Mexico. He is essentially claiming that if she hadn't threatened to call police, none of this would have happened.
Thank you for your visuals again, Otto. I happen to agree with most of your hypothesis and especially with the fact that if she was initially accosted around Boundary and Middle Sts. she would not have run down 385 to get away from him, which she new to be lightly populated, but instead stayed in town where she had a better chance of running into someone who could help her.
I think he abducted her right around Boundary & Middle Sts then took her to 1900 385th where he probably raped and murdered her. He then put the body in the trunk and drove to the location where he carried her into the cornfield and laid the stalks over her for concealment. He may have decided not to leave the body where the rape and murder took place because he had been there a while and was afraid someone had seen his car. By moving her, even if there was a search in the area, there would be no connection to his car and Molly’s disappearance.

Still wondering about the poster who was here and I think got booted - who drove by (supposedly) WC house and said he pulled out to follow him, and that he was driving a dark Malibu. And then he said "well at least we know what he drives now".

Is the poster still here? I think it was the night of the press conference where we got no info. Around August 9th, same night I got a time out lol

I know a dairy farmer and they work 365 days a year. Cows have to be fed and kept clean because of the milk. I remember her telling me the inspectors came and it was winter so they were mostly inside and the cows tails were dirty so the inspector wrote them up. She said never again did that happen so all winter she washes their tails and don't forget they poop and pee all over when kept inside and that all has to be cleaned daily. I know they could never go away because where they are located was very rural and they had a hard time finding responsible people to do it. It is a massive amount of work,,,,365 days a year.
Yes, my friends have dairy farm and for them it is a 365 day/year operation.

Thank you for your visuals again, Otto. I happen to agree with most of your hypothesis and especially with the fact that if she was initially accosted around Boundary and Middle Sts. she would not have run down 385 to get away from him, which she new to be lightly populated, but instead stayed in town where she had a better chance of running into someone who could help her.
I think he abducted her right around Boundary & Middle Sts then took her to 1900 385th where he probably raped and murdered her. He then put the body in the trunk and drove to the location where he carried her into the cornfield and laid the stalks over her for concealment. He may have decided not to leave the body where the rape and murder took place because he had been there a while and was afraid someone had seen his car. By moving her, even if there was a search in the area, there would be no connection to his car and Molly’s disappearance.

Also, he wanted the body away from the physical evidence, DNA, etc.

I totally agree with your statement!

I would like to know how the dairy farm was able to do a background check on an illegal?????
If they are an illegal citizen they should not be in any systems correct?
I believe there's some confusion between
" e-verify" and "background check" - they are not the same. Dairy farm employer reportedly uses e-verify to check if employees eligible to work in U.S. i.e., SSN, ID match, etc..

He commits this horrific crime and I do believe it was a quick blitz attack - and then admits to very damming portions of it after have 5 long weeks to think of an excuse or alibi - he doesn't deny involvement and admits she is deceased and takes LE to her body- so glad his police interview was as telling as it was but I guess it just surprises me that his attack on Mollie was pretty flawless- no witnesses no evidence left at scene and then he confessed

Completely surprised as well! How ballsy- broad daylight ... anyone could have drove by and seen the attack. Reason I believe this wasn’t his first rodeo! IMO

LE needs for him to have a translator. His rights must be protected in order to be sure he receives the punishment he deserves.
Anyone who has lived here more than 4 years would have picked up the language by now. I understand this is not an intelligent person we are dealing with, but he must know enough English to get by. I wonder if he has a record from back in his teens in Mexico. And how difficult it is to find out.

You don't run with someone, then have an altercation in the street and then drag that person hundreds of feet back to a car. You drive up close, hop out, hit them from behind and toss them in the trunk because the less time you are out in the open the less chance you have of being seen.

When he abducted Mollie, that altercation was caught on CCTV at Boundary/Middle Str. The 1900 385 Ave location is 1.2 miles away. He did not chase her for a mile and then drag her back to Boundary/Middle. It's very likely that he abducted her at Boundary/Middle, but something happened at 1900 385 Ave. Was she in the car and she tried to escape, or did he put her in the trunk? What happened a mile from the CCTV abduction footage?

Same here. All the while I was thinking they meant 385th Ave on the other side of town and she was heading back to boyfriend's house. Now I see the eastern side of 385th near Middle and Boundary. I do have questions (mostly rhetorical) as to why she ran that way if he was chasing her? Or why she ran that way at all instead of sticking to more populated areas. It seems pretty far out and would be a long loop back to her mom's. Perhaps it was just a regular route for her and she was comfortable, and she didn't notice him at first.

Likely she was training for a half-marathon, our starting to do so. Also, with the DR trip coming up, she may have been putting in extra miles to look good in a swimsuit, and would have skiped the Brats that night.

I think he waited until she got further down 385 into the less populated area. He said he circled several times. All he had to do was wait for the perfect moment.

CR drove a black chevy malibu, that's a sedan right? The vehicle involved in the other attempted abduction was an SUV/Van.

You don't run with someone, then have an altercation in the street and then drag that person hundreds of feet back to a car. You drive up close, hop out, hit them from behind and toss them in the trunk because the less time you are out in the open the less chance you have of being seen.
I'm wondering if he came up with the "I ran alongside her" from the jogger situation in Dubuque. Remember that? After Mollie went missing, a jogger in Dubuque said a male ran up alongside her and even tried to give her flowers. Maybe CR used that info to try to explain what he did??

Just a hunch. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of how Mollie actually ended up in his trunk. We're (obviously) missing some of that info.

jmo

Exactly! Biggest part of the puzzle conveniently missing.
I recall the trial of a woman who killed her boyfriend (after crawling through the doggie door into his home) - seems she had selective amnesia as well. Hope this one rots in jail too!

Someone posted this device from the UK, do we have a similar device in the US? I do know there are personal alarms you can carry or wear around your neck, I do know that phones can be equipped with apps and push buttons to alert others...but I really like this device..
run angel - personal safety wearable

I carry the spot device. it tracks and sends one way messages but I think there is a newer one that can do two way messages maybe. it has buttons you can put messages in and send to who you designate and a emergency button. It uses satellite and does not depend on cell service. it is marketed to hikers and other remote higher risk groups. it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member