CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who missed it, please read Tricia's post from the beginning of this thread:

The difference now is we have a defendant who is telling his story about what happened. He has not been found guilty so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.

Please alert if you see a post that violates our terms of service. It is not a violation of our TOS if someone expresses that she/he believes Shanann murdered her children. Until we have a guilty verdict or until Chris Watts changes his story we will allow discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
Tricia

This post lands at random.

I for one see the significance here...the fact she is the photo taker / videographer. I was looking at old photos and it dawned on me that there weren't many pictures of myself over the years. I was too busy capturing family moments for myself to cherish in the future especially with my kids. They grow so fast and one day they are young adults. I believe Shannan was the same. The very sentimental mom who loves her girls dearly and wants those special moments to enjoy long after they are grown and out on their own. I also think part of Shannan's responsibility was keeping her husband appeased due to his insecurities and fragile ego. Notice all the wonderful pictures and testimonies she gives him in her SM. Many have suggested she did this to convince herself and her people that she was living the perfect life. There probably is some truth to that but honestly I feel it was more about propping him up then it was her. It seems like she was working to keep him engaged and encouraging him to be interested in BEING party of the family. Not that he was fooling around and attempting to escape or anything. Something deeper. He doesn't feel connections with people like other people do.

I think he had poor social and relationship skills. Again, that ridiculous presentation about how to keep a relationship together. I am going to go out on a limb here based on nothing but my own gut feeling and I've had it since viewing the video...I think he has experienced unhealthy, fractured relationships for a long time, possibly since childhood with his own parents, especially mother. Again, this is MY opinion. It appears it weighed on his mind so much so that he chose it as a topic for his class. This suggests to me possibly a recent break up that really bothered him. Or it could be his realization that he really doesn't have the healthy skills TO have a healthy relationship. If you haven't seen the video something stood out to me that was totally bizarre. Here he is attempting to give a confident and convincing presentation on how to have a healthy long term relationship. At one point as he is reciting what he had written he begins to debate HIS OWN presentation ROFL. The bullet point that he was reciting was about when a relationship breaks down it is normally the BETTER LOOKING PERSON who moves on first. He then says, I don't think that is necessarily true. Well dumbo, this was YOUR presentation so why would you include it if you didn't feel it to be true.

That little scenario says to me someone dumped his butt and in the wake of it he is feeling SHE was not more attractive then HIM... EGO here... Also it revealed something especially significant about his overall character. He is LAZY and unprepared! It tells me he just copied someone else's work verbatim and called it his own. His arguing with himself about it during the presentation says to me he didn't even acknowledge what he was writing when he copied it. He had a paper due, BAAMMMM here is his paper. No thought at all put into it. Well consider what Shannan herself points out on her SM in regards to him. She is cleaning the house, doing wash, caring for the kids and he is laying down on the couch doing NOTHING. LAZY...

I'm going to take enormous license here but I really believe this....he NEVER earned those points in THRIVE by himself. I believe Shannan did the work, had people SHE actually recruited given to her husband so he would earn the car etc. I think initially she recruited him to get him involved because it did take up so much time so she probably thought if he is doing it too, at least they had that in common and he won't feel left out. But this guy is an underachiever. He doesn't HAVE her energy, drive or desire to build his own business. In sales it also takes something else he lacks, he has zero charisma and no shmuzzing skills. He is NOT a people person. So already he is set up to fail. He doesn't have what it takes.

It takes TOTAL committment and he probably thought I have a full time job and I do enough. The fact that she was good at it and excelled would be a further bone of contention for him. It only made it more apparent she has the people skills and drive to be successful all on her own. Doesn't NEED him does she. These guys hate feeling like failures. So I bet he gave excuse after excuse as to why she was doing well and he wasn't. Hey had a full time job, isn't THAT enough. He didn't have the "luxury" of being home all day to pursue it like she did. He would really believe this too. It does not enter into his mind all she has on her plate every day BEYOND doing the THRIVE stuff...she cares for the house, cleans, cooks, laundry, kids, doctors appointments etc. YET she managed to get all that done AND be successful with her business....that had to really rip his a$$ and make him feel like a total loser.

So exactly, looks are deceiving. Video's of him playing with his kids, snaps as well. Those are only minute snippets of one's life. No one would see that he puts the child down after the video and walks away from her. Even their closest friends do not see what happens as soon as they leave the BBQ. Behind closed doors is just that. No witnesses. This guy was all about appearance. He is a fraud.

BRAVO

I disagree with “born different”. Everyone has the same opportunity to make choices with their free wills as anyone else. Many people are born into difficult situations, with mental illnesses, or other struggles, and they do not mass kill their families. This was a choice he made, and the blame lies solely with his adult choice. Not his birth, and not his parents.

That’s just it, we try and crawl into the mind of a killer but we can never truly comprehend their actions, unless of course the person doing so is also a killer. We may NEVER know “why”.

It’s almost like the six week trip was to spend some final time with her family. I think she may have killed her children. IMO

Except his response does not match that theory.

If my husband walked in on me trying to kill my kids (which I wouldn’t, and anyway they’re boys and they’re mostly bigger than me) he would flip out....he would shove me aside....he would probably hit me if he had to (he has never hit me before but if he felt he had to get me away from the kids) and he would have called 911. The fact that I was killing the kids would certainly not automatically turn HIM into a second killer. And then he would NOT have disposed of the bodies. He would NOT have made up a lie that we were abducted or that we were missing. And he would NOT have killed me. He would have turned my sorry butt over to the cops.

The lawyers are going to tear the wife-killing-kids theory apart in the courtroom. Sooooo many holes.

Oh for Heaven's SAKE.

Sigh.

I'm taking a deeeeeeeep breath. Drinking some milk. And going to bed.

Don't forget about the ignore feature. It is one of the best things around here in order to keep ones blood pressure in check.

Good night, all. I'll be dreaming about justice for Shanann, CeCe, Bella and Nico.

BBM

I strongly believe many psychological disorders are the same---you have to have a genetic predisposition (nature) coupled with an environmental trigger (nurture), such as early childhood trauma.

That's why I sure would like to know more about CW's childhood.
How about growing up with a mother who left out nuts for her grandchildren that she had been told that one of them was deadly allergic to, to prove her DIL wrong?

Why would she get the kids - just because she was staying home. Maybe he wanted to stay home and look after them but she couldn’t earn enough to support the family. Sorry not an attack on you but I hate the way it’s assumed the mother will get custody because she looks after them whilst the lazy fathers go and earn the money to support everyone

I’m a few pages behind so if this has been discussed, sorry!!

In my state the Court assigns the primary residential parent based on who has been in that role all along. If mom works outside the home and dad stays home, dad is the primary caregiver. If the dad works and Mom stays home then she is the primary caregiver. They actually give a list of parenting tasks and ask which parent does each more frequently. Stuff like who makes the meals, buys groceries, gives them baths, takes them to the doctor, play dates, who takes them to school, who does the bedtime routine.

Court wants to maintain the status quo and not upset the kids. If dad is gone long hours at work he would need to put them in daycare full time.... why should he be the primary residential parent if mom works at home and doesn’t need full time childcare?

Alright a few things stick out to me watching that video. For those wondering, it’s the 30 minute video on her FB.

1. Her tone changed when she had to tell the child to say hi for a second time.
2. She looked as though she had been crying.
3. She seemed sad or depressed to me.

It’s almost like the six week trip was to spend some final time with her family. I think she may have killed her children. IMO
How does that work if she killed her children while sleep walking, and iirc you said you thought he was sleep walking when he killed her but woke up while he was driving. Can you fill us in , one sleepwalker killing another sleepwalker? How do you envision that?

Did he do the interviews on the Wednesday? because he says in interviews that day that he slept in the house Monday night and it was traumatic like a ghost town and then stayed with his friends Tuesday night so Im presuming these interviews were done wednesday so he could be referring to the earth shattering few days (3 days).

I believe they were done Tuesday. Because he said he was going to sleep at his friends that night.

ETA: Yes. Tuesday.

Denver7

Denver7

Oh and DAdvocate, also, there is the little detail about the creepy corpse on the sofa, which could very well be a sign that the dad had something nasty up his sleeve. She was not home when that was arranged.

I firmly believe he has some form of antisocial personality disorder. I firmly believe people close to him will have seen actions to support this.

I firmly believe he planned, murdered, dumped his family and then enjoyed a few days of being popular before he was arrested.

Moo

"...and then enjoyed a few days of being popular before he was arrested."

Good stuff

If she was planning on killing herself and the children why did she do it when he was at home? Dont most murder suicides take place with nobody else in the home?? She was probably sad and depressed because she was pregnant and her husband was having an affair. I don't know anyone who would be happy about that.
She didn't look sad or depressed to me.She looked exhausted and with good reason from the sound of it.
She was doing all (IMO) the chores and trying to run a business.

I’m a few pages behind so if this has been discussed, sorry!!

In my state the Court assigns the primary residential parent based on who has been in that role all along. If mom works outside the home and dad stays home, dad is the primary caregiver. If the dad works and Mom stays home then she is the primary caregiver. They actually give a list of parenting tasks and ask which parent does each more frequently. Stuff like who makes the meals, buys groceries, gives them baths, takes them to the doctor, play dates, who takes them to school, who does the bedtime routine.

Court wants to maintain the status quo and not upset the kids. If dad is gone long hours at work he would need to put them in daycare full time.... why should he be the primary residential parent if mom works at home and doesn’t need full time childcare?
Colorado does 50/50 regardless of who is primary caretaker.

How about growing up with a mother who left out nuts for her grandchildren that she had been told that one of them was deadly allergic to, to prove her DIL wrong?

No reason to bash his mother. She is a grieving. My grandparents grew up in a different time not believing many of the things that we do today.

I dont think the judge would give those children to CW. That little family revolved around Shannan. She was the Sun to their little planets. Everything revolved around her. She was the wife , the mom, and a hard worker.

I don't even think CW could function properly without her. CW is a 4-cylinder to her V8.

Shannan was working 2 fulltime jobs at the same time. CW only worked one job. Does anyone really think he could care for those two children on his own?

He was left alone with kids one weekend recently.....

No, I don't think he could; further, I don't think he would want to keep them. If he did want to keep them, why didn't he just kill her, dump her somewhere, and keep "waiting for her to come home."
Again, the Jeffrey MacD syndrome. "New start with a new woman, no kids. It's all about me."

BBM

I strongly believe many psychological disorders are the same---you have to have a genetic predisposition (nature) coupled with an environmental trigger (nurture), such as early childhood trauma.

That's why I sure would like to know more about CW's childhood.

Psychopathy is very different than sociopathy. Often people use the words interchangeably, but a psychopath is much, much more dangerous than a sociopath and generally "develops" differently as well. Recent research is fairly firm on the idea that a psychopath is born, vs. a sociopath who is "made".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500