Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really can follow individual posters. Just click on their avatar and the option of "follow" is presented. I do it with some of the lawyers, physicians and VIs. Then you can see their posts all at once each day, ie if you are in a hurry or want to see what the VIs say, by clicking on "your news feed". It's a cool feature.
The old version had quicker access to your ws friends latest posts for that day.

But I can't even find my friends list anymore. :(

So Im forced to stalk others now. :)

I found it on line Marli61 but asked moderator and I can't post the link. If it is accurate, then yes it appears CW did have a degree in Chemical Engineering at University of Miami. I would think to get a job at the oil company you would need a higher education.
I somehow doubt that and all kinds of workers work in an oil field. He would not be out working in the field as an engineer, he would be in a lab.

I found it on line Marli61 but asked moderator and I can't post the link. If it is accurate, then yes it appears CW did have a degree in Chemical Engineering at University of Miami. I would think to get a job at the oil company you would need a higher education.
Not necessarily. My husband has a job, as does my nephew, very similar to CW's with an oil company. Neither have any type of degree.

I would be surprised if he had a BA in Chemical Engineering. First I would think his salary would have been much higher, and I had also read that he was in an automotive track in high school, and previously worked as a mechanic.
I have not found anything to suggest that CW had a BA in chemical engineering. Is there a link?

I think the online reference to his having an engineering degree is incorrect. A google search of his name and that university gives you another person with the same name.

I agree Amandaaa, I don't think CW was dumb either. You have to have some intelligence to have a career in the field he was in and also go to University and graduate in Chemical Engineering. Plus the VI also confirmed he was very skilled mechanically in auto-motives. I think he earned a scholarship to Nascar?? if I am remembering correctly.
Not making a distinction here between being book smart and otherwise deficient.
I also recall a former teacher stating he was the smartest student he ever had .

I would make the WORST criminal EVER! I can’t lie to save my life, and I would get so nervous about being caught that my generally logical way of thinking would go right out the window for sure!
Me too, I'm terrible at attempting to lie.
Apart from that, there would be too much cleaning involved. I really couldn't be bothered to commit a crime.

All I can say is that (with kudos to Carl Sagan) extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In this case, CW makes the extraordinary claim that his pregnant wife SW strangled his toddler girls and he in turn killed her. No evidence to support his extraordinary claim.

No, it definitely happens. I felt like an idiot when I saw the sarcastic comments in response to my posts and when you are made to feel that way it is bullying and not tolerated on this site. Not agreeing is one thing, sarcastic, insulting comments are another. Jmo
Ok. We understand. But lets not get the thread closed until normal thread closing hours :)

Btw. We all love your posts and open mind. You help keep this thread going.

So keep on keeping on and don't worry about the odds of how many will agree or disagree.

Jmo Betsy and Tippy.

ITA. The thing that differentiates CW from others is that he committed homicide -- and left 2 toddlers, his unborn son and their pregnant mom dead.
Absolutely - but I think I was responding regarding him being “bright”... I can’t even remember anymore, this is moving so fast - but I guess my point (at this time, anyway) is that I don’t see any reason to think he isn’t bright. A horrible husband, a horrible liar, a killer - he may be all of those things (and more) but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s dumb.

Absolutely - but I think I was responding regarding him being “bright”... I can’t even remember anymore, this is moving so fast - but I guess my point (at this time, anyway) is that I don’t see any reason to think he isn’t bright. A horrible husband, a horrible liar, a killer - he may be all of those things (and more) but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s dumb.
I agree. His actions make him cunning, ruthless and manipulative.

I don't know that he is far from dumb.

He has a good aptitude for mechanics and engineering so he is intelligent. But his emotional intelligence is sorely lacking.

Didn't he understand that he needed to at least appear to be desperate and worried about his babies, during the press interviews? He was so casual and even upbeat. That was pretty dumb.

And placing the bodies on his work site? Also, pretty freakin dumb.
Maybe we just have different interpretations of the word - and that’s totally fine. :)

I think the online reference to his having an engineering degree is incorrect. A google search of his name and that university gives you another person with the same name.
I think this is incorrect as well. It doesn't make sense that he would take a job as a car mechanic when they moved to CO. Also, IIRC, he was working as a car mechanic in NC when he first spotted SW when she brought her car in for service.

I do agree with you. For me though until I hear everything at trial, I just can't help thinking there is more to this than we know (or may never know!)
If the court doesn't hear the truth about that night/weekend, no one will ever know 100% what happened. There's one person who has all the facts, the perpetrator and the only witness, CW. Why would CW withhold important information, why did he from the start?
We can guess, can't we? :)

He left a sheet from his bed, blowing in the wind at the burial site.....DOH...not too bright.

He left a sheet from his bed, blowing in the wind at the burial site.....DOH...not too bright.
Haha yep, definitely an amateur move for sure - but seriously, I bet if I had tried to cover up a murder I would probably take care of the tiny little details (that nobody notices) and make some ridiculously obvious mistakes! Might as well leave my business card at the scene :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname