AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmpeezy251...yep...nothing of his story adds up...

My other gut feeling: he's opened up to LE

Car #3 & CCTV- whatever information is there - they are keeping their cards close to their chest for a reason...let's hope there's a break in this case

Agree. DW has much to lose in the scenario that he is part of some criminal activity or even a drug deal: job, family, custody, board position, country club etc. It makes sense that DW cooperated with LE or at least told a more coherent story than the one shared with JDT. Alternatively DW could have known who was in Car 3 and is more afraid of them than MPD which is reason for story that makes little sense, not checking on DNV following to Dublins and simply going home after dropping off the rental car.

Last edited:
Based on the timeline, TT called DNV's missing phone early the next morning while he was in jail?
Yes, this was the 'comedic relief' in the middle of a very crazy situation! TT called from the top secret location where he was incarcerated/in rehab and so JDT had to explain to TT that people hadn't heard from DNV.

There's something that keeps bothering me about this graphic. Isn't there too much distance between Car 1 and 2 for them to communicate? And then Car 3 seems to be blocking Car 2's way out... Maybe it's not relevant at all, I don't know.
From the graphic it does look like the 2 green cars are boxing in the red car.
I thought DW left the Shell at 11:05-07 ?
Yes he left first.

I rented cars on a monthly basis for years - management decided it was cheaper to rent a car for out of town trips than to pay mileage for driving your personal car. I always prefered to rent - I didn’t want to put all that extra mileage on my personal car plus I got points/miles to use for my own personal use.

I usually rented from airport locations - and you could not park your personal car there.

I don’t think I would leave my car out in an open parking lot at an non airport location. I especially would not return it at 1am in the morning in Mobile. Why not drop it first thing in the morning? Sounds hinky.

The fact that LE does not seem to be interested in DW makes me think this is all a red herring. LE likely interviewed him and subpoenaed his cell phone records as the last person who saw a missing woman. If his story didn't add up, I think we would know by now. Unless DW is Gary Ridgeway 2.0 I don't really see how this adds up to anything if he was seen at Dublin's and seen at Ollie's while DNV is on surveillance tape at the Shell station.

I like to work in the realm of facts so I am going to look through the Mobile AL bookings for the week of July 17.

It sounds like she was right behind him as he left the Shell station - he saw her lights behind him, so he returned to The Dublin, and he assumed that she either took a different route or they were separated.

As he pulled out, another car pulled in, and Danni remained at the Shell station - perhaps involuntarily.

Is the Shell station in a scary side of Mobile?

I have another question to add to this. How would he see her lights behind him & then see lights, what he assumed were her lights, turning down a different street, if car #2 (presumably her car) & car #3 didn't leave for roughly 15 minutes after he did? Or am I misunderstanding the headlight story?

I thought DW left the Shell at 11:05-07 ?

He either left at 11:07 if he was Car 1 or 11:24 if he was Car 1/3. Either way I don't see how he would have time to do anything to DNV if she's still on the surveillance tape at 11:24 and he is at Ollie's by midnight, having stopped at Dublin's and retrieved the phone.

Most importantly to me, where's her car if it's him? He had his rental car, how could he drive two cars at once?

Thanks Alethea...despite my annoyance at DW fishy story, I do believe he's come clean with LE...I think it's possible he doesn't have anything to do with actual disappearance: but he was there..he was the first to know something was wrong, she was missing....
AS our VI has stated (if not mistaken!!) NO ONE has been cleared....

Husband just walked into my office while I have court records and mug shots up on my monitors: "Are you still working?" "No I'm looking at Alabama mugshots to find someone" "For a client?" "No for my internet friends" "Oh...Ok..."

Tinkerbella: that's one of the rubs....it was impossible that he saw DNVs headlights...but he may have mistaken another vehicles for being hers...clearly he wasn't paying much attention when he left that Shell lot...

BTW: @ need for work related rental car: I know someone who does archaeology, biology, forestry work...only is in office here or there...travels between various crews in many states, going into woods, etc. - they provide car
So...just wondering: thought his job was local....so wonder what he does that necessitates a rental car....?
Does he do sales? Some kinda regional manager?
TIA if anyone knows

It wasn't done immediately upon her disappearance. The eviction process had already been started and that in itself is not a process that can be initiated & finalized in the same week/month; the management company would have to give time for DNV or next of kin to catch up on rent if they so chose to do so.

I don't know for sure but I believe the cleaning out of her apartment was within the last week or two.
Got it! That leaves me with another question, supposedly DNV paid cash and partially financed her car. I 100% understand the want/need to have a car but a place to live is more practical. Why spend the money on a car when you have past due rent?

Got it! That leaves me with another question, supposedly DNV paid cash and partially financed her car. I 100% understand the want/need to have a car but a place to live is more practical. Why spend the money on a car when you have past due rent?

I don't think her rent was past due until after her disappearance.

Husband just walked into my office while I have court records and mug shots up on my monitors: "Are you still working?" "No I'm looking at Alabama mugshots to find someone" "For a client?" "No for my internet friends" "Oh...Ok..."
I am with you and have been following the Whos in Jail site since this story first happened. What kind of offenders are you looking for? I haven't seen much in the way of vehicle theft since this story happened. Lots of robbery, assault, murder, breaking and entry, domestic violence, cruelty to children though.

I don't think her rent was past due until after her disappearance.

So Aug and Sep? I think I would have paid the rent or at the very least rented a storage unit to store her stuff if apt rent was high. It would be hard for me to make decisions with the thought she was not coming back. But maybe someone is storing her stuff. I hope so.

Around here the apartment complexes stopped letting you come into the property management office and pay your rent in cash. (Robberies and employee theft put an end to that)
Maybe she paid by money order. Or maybe she was renting from an individual.

Absolutely agree!

The 'family' is sitting on nearly $5,000 so what is a few months rent to maintain an apartment in the event DNV is found alive? The alternative to move forward with an eviction proceeding and the 'put out' by the Sheriff where all of DNV personal items are kicked to the curb. The choice by the 'family' seems to be to go with eviction and 'put out' and is something that I simply cannot find a word acceptable under TOS to describe how I feel about this scenario.

Further the idea that the 'family' has already removed items from the apartment when it is highly unlikely based on anything we have heard that TT was party to the lease (so is would be ok to remove items belonging to him) is something that is also hard to understand why LE has permitted this to occur. Was this removal of personal effects/ransacking sanctioned or supervised by MPD? Was TT party to the DNV lease and why was anyone from the T 'family' permitted to even enter the apartment if TT or another member of the T 'family' wasn't a party to the lease? Where was MPD to let this occur if there is no member of the T family that was party to the DNV lease?

The 'family' has spoken about a PI since the beginning of the go fund me process and the fundraising efforts. Has a PI been hired? If so, when did they start? If not, why not? $5,000 is a good amount of money and so to say that it will be used for flyers and billboards seems more than a bit disingenuous especially as many of the flyers to date have been donated. How much could a few months of rent total in Mobile? $1,500-$2,000? Where is the accountability for the money that has been raised so far? Continued fundraising efforts without an accounting of what has been spent so far or an explanation for the DNV apartment situation will be seriously questioned by anyone thinking to support the efforts of the family. I firmly believe in the idea of watching what people do rather than what they say and I think anyone thinking of donating to any search effort for a missing person is thinking the same way. Trust and credibility are fragile commodities and once found to be in question are rarely regained.

Family entered after she went missing; however, MPD is who ransacked the apartment and threw her belongings on the curb. JDT & TT went to retrieve them.

JDT's focus has been getting DNV's name & case out there. Should DNV return, she has a place to stay (at JDTs) so that's not a concern. But fliers aren't always free (though some places that will print them for free have been found and are being utilized), billboards aren't free, signs (those are in the works) aren't free and, if needed PIs aren't always free. One PI has for sure ben hired that is working pro bono; another is being hired (because the more eyes on it, the better and they've agreed to work together) but I don't know if the second is charging or not.

As far as if any member of the T family was a party to the lease, I'm not sure; however, since DNV didn't have a relationship with her family/a broken relationship at best, so I'd imagine that on the "in case of emergency" line of her lease, she listed JDT. I could be wrong on that; it's strictly just my guess based on relationship dynamics between DNV and the T family and DNV and her own family.

JDT can account for every penny spent. You are also welcome to be skeptical instead of trusting what I say with regards to the plans for the money and how the money has already been spent. However, as the VI in this case, I do not have to provide anyone with the accountability for those funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn