AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid point. Trying to think as a 13 year old in horrific situation and if 911 wouldn’t be first call/if she was aware call was made to 911 by mother and another phone was used to dial someone else.

Up here, unfortunately, we do hear them at all hours of the night and early morning during hunting season. When I first moved up here, I have to tell you, it was quite unnerving, especially when hubby had overnight business trips to attend and you'd hear a shot or two that would wake you up in the middle of the night. Now, we're used to them. It doesn't happen every day or night, but during this time of year, more often than in winter months. Summer can be crazy around here,too. Even single fireworks can sound like gun shots, and those go off from spring til fall, and on New Years up here, too.
I grew up in the wilds of WA state and visited regularly with my relatives in rural MI. We rode horses in both areas. Hunting is a thing you get to know and recognize, and protect for. Gunshots are gunshots. If the neighbors heard gunshots, I accept that.

Barron County Sheriff IDs 2 Vehicles of Interest in Closs Case, Reward Offered
A "Gathering of Hope" was held Monday evening at the Barron High School football field. About 300 people showed at the stadium to support each other.

There was music, prayer, victim's advocates, counselors and therapy dogs available. The Barron Area School District Superintendent Diane Tremblay also shared some thoughts. "I think it's important we have hope and let go what we can't control," she said "We can control hope and we will bring Jayme back."

For the crowd, community means more than living close together in a tiny town. It's about being present in each other's lives, especially now. "It is very daunting when you're hit with something tragic like this," one resident said. "It brings about a different sense of vulnerabilities."

The obituary clearly states Denise died before James.
edit - just read it again, and it says they both preceded each other in death.

if you read it, it says "denise preceded in death by James" and the same for him, "James preceded in death by Denise." I imagine they wrote it shortly after the incident.

My guess is that someone informed family members of the police presence at their relative’s house. It’s a small town, police activity is going to draw attention.
If LE were trying to determine if anyone was missing from the home they would have had to call family members to ask. Maybe the teens asked to leave the scene lived the closest to Jayme's house and felt the need to drive over and see what was going on.

Valid point. Trying to think as a 13 year old in horrific situation and if 911 wouldn’t be first call/if she was aware call was made to 911 by mother and another phone was used to dial someone else.
I just think this whole thing happened so fast, that only one call was ever made by anyone.

If LE were trying to determine if anyone was missing from the home they would have had to call family members to ask. Maybe the teens asked to leave the scene lived the closest to Jayme's house and felt the need to drive over and see what was going on.
That is an excellent point, and one I didn’t think of.

In the 911 logs - they reference two names being told to leave at around 2am. On the forum it was mentioned that one of the people told to leave was related. I can’t help but think they may have received a call either prior to or after 911 call. Purely speculating but would add additional dynamic to timeline.
Could have had a scanner ? MOO

Here are some youtube videos on the Dodge Challenger exhaust/backfire:

BACKFIRE BATTLE: Lamborghini vs Dodge Challenger
Dodge chalenger [sic] loud exhaust and backfire compilation 2017

Those are pretty loud, as they were back in the 60's. If this is the perp's car (and it doesn't sound as if LE is certain it is), and he's from the general region, LE is going to get a lot of tips. With a car this loud and flashy, neighbors, friends, etc are going to know who it belongs to.

Some news stories about black Ford Edges (May or may not be relevant):

Texas man accused of sexual assault on 16 year girl (he got out on bail end of Sept):
3D gunmaker extradited back to Texas to face charges of sexual assault of teen girl
Cody Wilson released from custody after paying bond on sexual assault charges, officials say

Tennessee Teen on video yelling slurs at a cyclist (he was unable to be located as of these articles):
Chattanooga police searching for boy who yelled racial slur, threw bottle at cyclist
UPDATE: Warrant issued for suspect after cyclist assaulted, called racial slur

Delaware man missing in Black Ford Edge after woman found dead:
Police identify woman found dead in New Castle Co. home

Illinois serial bank robbery suspect:
Possible Serial Bank Robber: FBI Asks Public's Help

(Feel free to call any of these in as tips if you think they are relevant and remember we are not supposed to discuss people by name who have not been named as suspects in the case.)

There is also the multiple spent casings on the police report/911 blotter to consider. If the neighbors only heard 2 shots, and those 2 shots were the murders, then where did the other spent casings come from?

Excellent point. If multiple means more than two (corresponding to the two shots heard) - and the additionals were spent casings - then that potentially changes things. I'd have to think through that! It will likely be some time before we get more clarity on the scene and what the 'multiple' might entail - including how it matches up (or not) with what was heard that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48