AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you live in a rural area. Most of us can differentiate between gunfire and backfire. And usually backfire doesn’t usually occur seconds apart. I’m almost certain when the neighbor said “big gun” he knew what he’d heard. Imo
I just right now asked hubby if a car backfires more than once seconds apart.

I don't think so. They are both listed as predeceased by the other.
"James was preceded in death by his father, James Closs and wife, Denise Closs.
Denise is preceded in death by her mother, Rebecca, husband, James Closs and baby Lewis."

Link: Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home
Ok. I haven't been able to read every single post on every single thread here, but this is definitely the first time (I remember) reading about baby Lewis.

If LE were trying to determine if anyone was missing from the home they would have had to call family members to ask. Maybe the teens asked to leave the scene lived the closest to Jayme's house and felt the need to drive over and see what was going on.

Everyone has scanners in small communities. They didn't necessarily get notified. And if they were called wouldn't it be on the report? The call to the brother after 8am was in the report as well as the aunt who took the dog.

There was no mention of Jamie for almost 2 hours after they arrived, if I remember reading it right. I think they had to go through the house to discover this. I don't think they knew who all was living there upon arrival, as he stated in the first PC they had no prior interaction with the household.

I think there is not to many Red/Orange Dodge Challengers/Chargers running around the streets of this WI rural area. If somebody or a few people owns one around there it should not be to hard to find out whose car/cars it is. When you buy that type of car you show it off.

Barron community holds on to hope as Jayme Closs remains missing
Fox 9 asked next door neighbor, JS, who heard the two gunshots go off last week, if the two car descriptions looked familiar. “This one I’ve seen something like it, but I’ve never seen it out here I’ve think I’ve seen it in town.”

JS also says it is a 24/7 operation over at the Closs family home. She says investigators have not stopped taking stuff out for evidence. Even her home was searched.

“FBI was here twice, a couple of days apart—the first time they were here they asked questions—and then they went through the entire house,” said JS. “TS went downstairs with them—and they went through everything—looking through every closet to check even looking down underneath in the closet.”

Throughout the day, authorities have been flying this chopper extremely low above the Closs home on Highway 8 in Barron and the surrounding areas. The chopper is looking for Jayme, clues and also mapping grids to help with upcoming ground searches.
Yikes, that sounds really stressful, having your home investigated like that. I know that the FBI is doing a great job following up on things, but I honestly can't think of anything else that would unnerve me, besides knowing my neighbors were murdered next door, than to have them come into my home, looking for potential evidence. They must be nervous wrecks. I am not so sure I could stay there, after that!

Hello everyone. I've been a member for years, and this is my very first post.
I've read a lot of possible scenarios in this case and have given thought to each one. It's hard to stick with one since there's very little info to go on.
I've read just about every post, but am not sure if this has been brought up yet.
I don't know what JC's and DC's job descriptions entailed; but, does anyone think it's possible that either of them could have seen something 'they shouldn't have'? Maybe even in one of the tractor trailers. Or overheard something they weren't supposed to hear? Perhaps they 'needed' to be silenced?
My mind is all over the place with all the possibilities, but I keep coming back to this.
What do y'all think? (don't beat me up...lol)

What do we think tomorrow will bring, via searchers or the cars? I personally think we’ll lose one of the cars in the next 48 as irrelevant because the owner will come forward. I’m not sure what to expect of 2000 searchers. That could be...

I wonder what the trigger was to conduct another ground search? Maybe her cell phone pinged since they say they can’t comment on it.....

Is this one that they will be side by side almost touching walking? I’m so worried that they will find something close by like this. I don’t really know how to express or to say what I mean.. I can in my head but when I type it out it’s different. Ugh.

Whiskers, specifically where on the forum are we supposed to report WS server trouble that's been going on all day?
Hi vmmking,
Our IT guru is aware of the issue and working on resolving it. It's frustrating for mods too as we're trying to read alerts, respond to messages, create threads etc. :oops: But we are usually aware of it very quickly so no need for users to report it. Hopefully we can get it resolved soon.
Whiskers

While I'm already posting, I'm going to work on some updates to my post on page 1 for a little bit, but anticipating to close the thread for the night within the next 30 mins.

Yikes, that sounds really stressful, having your home investigated like that. I know that the FBI is doing a great job following up on things, but I honestly can't think of anything else that would unnerve me, besides knowing my neighbors were murdered next door, than to have them come into my home, looking for potential evidence. They must be nervous wrecks. I am not so sure I could stay there, after that!
It would certainly be nerve racking, but so is what happened to their neighbors.

I think there is not to many Red/Orange Dodge Challengers/Chargers running around the streets of this WI rural area. If somebody or a few people owns one around there it should not be to hard to find out whose car/cars it is. When you buy that type of car you show it off.
I would tend to agree with this. There are more Challengers on the road now, but when my husband & I bought our Challenger in 2012 we were rock stars everywhere we went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member