AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. It was 43 during the day and 29 at night. Minnesota girl here. Riding on an open vehicle in the 20’s or 30’s is sweathshirt weather?

Sweata Weatha.

tenor.gif

I'm sorry... that's all I heard in my head when I read that.

Ohio girl.... 30s ish would be a coat for me.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including nyself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though

I'm just not so sure that Denise was the intended victim. Did he say then- why they took Jayme?

Aside from that, very sad to hear that he thinks Jayme has been killed. Sadly- I tend to agree, but hard to hear a professional say that.

I'm a farmer in Barron County, and we find stuff in our fields all the time (usually trash that people throw out the windows of their cars). Clothing is not usually one of those items. I will say that it has warmed my heart tremendously to see my community and so many others show up for Jayme.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, farmerbrit! :)
I agree, the turnout is heartwarming.​

I'm just not so sure that Denise was the intended victim. Did he say then- why they took Jayme?

Aside from that, very sad to hear that he thinks Jayme has been killed. Sadly- I tend to agree, but hard to hear a professional say that.

I agree, IMO Jayme was the target and is sadly no longer with us. Too much attention on them to keep her alive.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including nyself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though
I just hope he's wrong about Jayme.

That is all very interesting and does make sense. I agree his rationale makes sense that Denise is the likely target - unless Jayme herself was the target. I also am in the group of optimists that hope whomever took Jayme loved her (albeit in a horrible, misguided, poisonous way) and hasn't hurt her.

I must have missed this yesterday:

"Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Monday that some tips led to the decision to resume the ground search, but he didn't elaborate."

Hi BeeGirl, This quote about tips, along with the previous quote above that asked searchers to be looking out for cellphones, clothing and guns sure makes it seem like so

I can't think of anything other than a phone. Any other ideas?
BTW it takes a while and also a court order but does anybody think LE has Jayme's cell phone records yet?

Leads me to think one of the tips was a ping, and they are indeed looking a phone.

We have shots around 12:30. Probably the door being kicked open, too. Then it goes over 20 minutes before the 911 call. We gather there’s arguing at that point and I doubt the preceeding 20 minutes were much different. The intruder had to know the shots could have been heard and reported. The intruder had a gun so what went on for 20 minutes? What was up for discussion rather than just being taken?

Thanks for the break down! Great insight.
Denise being the target would make sense, unless it was Jayme. Why would they pursue Jayme if Denise was the intended target and was killed? I wonder if Jayme hid and was sought out, or did she have the strength to exit the room to see what was going on and perhaps fight back and that is when she was captured, or were they initially looking for her the whole time? MOO

Just responding to a few comments at the end of the last thread...

If anything, the media coverage of the search is a good thing. Anything that gets the word out is a positive. 2k people are searching, and more were even turned away because LE had enough volunteers. There is no lack of resources. I'm sure if any media members are in the way they will be backed off by LE.

It's a process, but we are all in it together -- the family, community members, media, LE, and the general public. Just have to work together to solve this, and it looks like that is happening.
Agree! No one is more dedicated to finding a missing girl more than her parents. So now that Jayme has lost hers in this horrific way, she needs LE, extended family, media, WS & society at large to fight for her return and for justice. For as long as that may take...

I can't think of anything other than a phone. Any other ideas?
BTW it takes a while and also a court order but does anybody think LE has Jayme's cell phone records yet?

Gun. Clothing. Anything with blood on it.

Not sure if Jayme owns a phone, but if she does I'm sure they have the records at this point.

Thank you. Interesting. I am wondering if the target was Diane why did they take Jayme? Seems they could have, sad as it is, shot her just like they shot her father and been free to take off.
Taking a 13 year old girl is a whole lot of baggage for somebody on the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname