Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I am trying to have a mature discussion and so I'm asking questions to better understand others' opinions. I find it very hurtful and upsetting that with every post I am jumped on and being misquoted constantly. I am so saddened by this group and what is being done to people like myself who are just curious and would like to post without constantly being berated and ridiculed. Just because I don't say what CW's mum said about SW was hurtful to her family doesn't mean I don't think it, but I shouldn't have to say it. I am so tired of trying to defend myself when all I've ever done is try and talk about the why of this case and I've never once excused CW's actions. Shanann wasn't perfect, no-one is. I will never comprehend how anyone could do this but it doesn't mean I'm not curious as to why in his mind he thought for 1 sec this was ok.

Shan’ann wasn’t perfect, I’m not perfect, you’re not perfect. Not being perfect has nothing to do with anything, and the answers don’t lie there.

None of us deserve to be murdered. We’ll never understand why he thought it was ok. Why did Scott Peterson think it was ok, why did Chris Coleman or Christian Longo or Gerard Baden-Clay or John List or Neil Entwhistle or John Sharpe.

We’ll never truly understand the why. It’s the million dollar question. What I can say is that the answer isn’t found in their victims, it can only be found within the perpetrators. Their victims were all innocent.

So yes people get upset when people try to find the “why” by pointing out very ordinary, normal human flaws in a victim. As if that will somehow “explain” the unexplainable.

It won’t.

How? By bashing the murder victim in the media and pretending her lout of a son didn't murder his pregnant wife, unborn son and two tiny toddlers?
Where is her compassion for Shanann's family?
Respectfully, she has not denied that her 'lout' of a son murdered Shan'ann. She can't believe or understand that he murdered the girls but is willing to accept it. This family needs to hear it from their son and they haven't. There could be a multitude of reasons why not. Shan'ann's family have said their piece and it was very powerful.

I don’t think you should take it personally. I think most people, including me, are just saying why we feel the way we do about Cindy Watts behavior and also about this case in general. There were a couple of posts asking why people think she has NPD and that there was disappointment in this board for discussing the family or at least that’s how I took it. Therefore people are replying to that with their reasons.
I was surprised when I saw discussion about CW but then it was explained why it's ok. You are correct I was taking it too personally.

Respectfully, she has not denied that her 'lout' of a son murdered Shan'ann. She can't believe or understand that he murdered the girls but is willing to accept it. This family needs to hear it from their son and they haven't. There could be a multitude of reasons why not. Shan'ann's family have said their piece and it was very powerful.
Well, they kinda did hear it from their son. He plead guilty to murdering all of his children.

Would he not be charged with kidnapping?

No. He is their father. It is not kidnapping if he takes them on a trip. They have to battle it out in court, but it would never be kidnapping, unless he lost custody or they terminated his parental rights.

She had just taken the kids to NC for 5 weeks and no one charged her with kidnapping.

Well, she will have to take up hearing from her son with her son.
She could have said all that in her interviews instead of taking up most of them criticising his victim.
What bearing on the case does it have that she did not get on with SW? What bearing if her son ran after SW?

You can try to understand something without maligning the victim or bashing her. I’d be more inclined to agree with the opinion that CW is just trying to understand if she hasn’t made so many vile comments in the interviews. To me the comments she has made about Shanann give the impression she is trying to justify CWs actions. So what if he didn’t love Shanann anymore (that’s just more motive imo), the vast majority of the worlds population do not go around killing people they have fallen out of love with. So what he was leaving her, again most people just separate and divorce they don’t annihilate their family in the process. And lastly so what if you didn’t get on with your daughter in law, she didn’t deserve to die at the hand of your son for that.

MOO

Personally I think the word "lout" is pretty mild for a family annihilator compared to what I'd really like to call him.

Out of respect for Tricia and the mods I won't.

Sure he admitted he killed Shanann, but she is NOT accepting that her lout of a son killed Cece and Bella and is still blaming Shanann for murdering the girls, even with evidence that sonny boy did it and copped a plea -- and she said it to the whole world. Its unfathomable. imo.
moo

Last edited:
Shan’ann wasn’t perfect, I’m not perfect, you’re not perfect. Not being perfect has nothing to do with anything, and the answers don’t lie there.

None of us deserve to be murdered. We’ll never understand why he thought it was ok. Why did Scott Peterson think it was ok, why did Chris Coleman or Christian Longo or Gerard Baden-Clay or John List or Neil Entwhistle or John Sharpe.

We’ll never truly understand the why. It’s the million dollar question. What I can say is that the answer isn’t found in their victims, it can only be found within the perpetrators. Their victims were all innocent.

So yes people get upset when people try to find the “why” by pointing out very ordinary, normal human flaws in a victim. As if that will somehow “explain” the unexplainable.

It won’t.
You are correct it wont explain it. For me it's not a case of her deserving what happened just about why HE thought he was justified. I don't believe this was pre-planned so I would like to know what could have triggered him, if anything.

I understand 100000% her distress and panic about her beloved son’s predicament. But she needs to zip it with her vile comments about Shannan.

Even if she said “I know in the past SW and I had a contentious relationship, but I’m heartbroken this has happened.......” that would be more palatable.
Yes I agree completely - but its out there now and she will need to deal with it, not us.

Respectfully I don’t think she’s willing to accept it. I do agree she needs to hear it all from her son. He doesn’t seem to want to tell her everything though. In fact it may even be a big reason he doesn’t want to go to trial. He may not want her to hear or know all that he’s done in his past and with this murder. I don’t blame her for wanting to talk to him but he’s a grown man and the courts can’t get involved because a grown man doesn’t want to talk to or discuss his case with his mother. Her lashing out on tv and having random people write letters to the judge is naive and not going to help her or CW. I think what people are feeling passionate about here is the fact that there is always some excuse for CW. First Shanann. Now the lawyers. It’s as if CW isn’t really responsible for anything and I guess it’s making people a little angry. And sad too.

You are correct it wont explain it. For me it's not a case of her deserving what happened just about why HE thought he was justified. I don't believe this was pre-planned so I would like to know what could have triggered him, if anything.
I understand that you don’t think it was preplanned, his plea agreement says it was. He has plead guilty to murder in the first degree after DELIBERATION and with INTENT.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

I’m curious as to why he did it like the next person, and will await the DAs disclosure of their partial motive. He was having an affair...proven. And he disposed of his families bodies in a vile manner and then after went to work and did smiley tv interviews. So I also expect that even with the evidence out I may still not understand as those actions are not something a reasonable man would do. JMO

Disturbing maybe but NPD? I have seen no evidence of this and think it's wrong to diagnose someone just based on a couple of interviews.

It is not a formal diagnosis, obviously. It is just a speculative description.

It's based upon more than just a couple of interviews. It is based upon a past pattern of behavior, on her part. [skipping her son's wedding because she and his fiance 'just couldn't get along.' Skipping her granddaughter's birthday parties, even one's in her town, because she didn't approve of their mother. On top of that, she fits perfectly within the description of the mothers of family annihilators.]

Respectfully I don’t think she’s willing to accept it. I do agree she needs to hear it all from her son. He doesn’t seem to want to tell her everything though. In fact it may even be a big reason he doesn’t want to go to trial. He may not want her to hear or know all that he’s done in his past and with this murder. I don’t blame her for wanting to talk to him but he’s a grown man and the courts can’t get involved because a grown man doesn’t want to talk to or discuss his case with his mother. Her lashing out on tv and having random people write letters to the judge is naive and not going to help her or CW. I think what people are feeling passionate about here is the fact that there is always some excuse for CW. First Shanann. Now the lawyers. It’s as if CW isn’t really responsible for anything and I guess it’s making people a little angry. And sad too.
I suspect you may be correct about Chris not wanting to tell his family. It is very sad and I feel that the Watts family were encouraged in the wrong direction.

No, they haven't. They are victims too, they want to know why and they want their son to tell them why.

They were in court when he plead guilty to ALL NINE COUNTS. So in my opinion they have heard it. Yes they haven’t got a why yet, but they’ve got an I did it. And if they didn’t like hearing him plea to it in court, they can also read the official plea agreement document.

Last edited:
I understand that you don’t think it was preplanned, his plea agreement says it was. He has plead guilty to murder in the first degree after DELIBERATION and with INTENT.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

I’m curious as to why he did it like the next person, and will await the DAs disclosure of their partial motive. He was having an affair...proven. And he disposed of his families bodies in a vile manner and then after went to work and did smiley tv interviews. So I also expect that even with the evidence out I may still not understand as those actions are not something a reasonable man would do. JMO
I've read it but that means premeditation rather than pre-planned.

my gut instinct says he had killed the girls before shanann got home.
this will be proven if autopsies show the girls were drugged imo.
and if that's the case the whole shebang was calculated.
him going to work ...OK.... nothing to see here folks...hours after all that he had been through doesn't sit with a spontaneous combustion.
had he called in sick I could buy into it.

the info we have points to premed imo

lets not forget 'I like these tshirts ….ALOT!" cool as a cucumber

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

pre-planning is a different concept e.g. he planned it days, weeks, months. Deliberation and intent means that he could have stopped, but didn't. The Scott Reisch video posted recently gives a good example of this.

They were in court when he plead guilty to ALL NINE COUNTS. So in my opinion they have heard it. Yes they haven’t got a why yet, but they’ve got an I did it. And if they didn’t like hearing him pleas it court to it, they can also read the official plea agreement.
I have a question for you. If that was your child, would that be enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member