Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when they donated as BS or HS, they had the same expectations.
There is no free lunch, a catch of some sort and one hand washes another.

But when they donated as BS or HS, they had the same expectations.
There is no free lunch, a catch of some sort and one hand washes another.
Not sure what your point is? But I think we can agree that the couple wasn't giving away money out of the goodness of their hearts.

I know why. Plenty of people do.
Okay, but we need facts; not just conjecture.

Can anyone interested try to find out why? I’m trying.

ETA: someone pointed out to me that not all homicides are listed there, and perhaps they have a suspect for the Sherman murders. That might also coincide with the officers working on the case being promoted. *speculation*

Last edited:
Let me explain something to you. Barry Sherman was not in the habit of giving money away. Yes Barry gave money to various institutions, organizations, and hospitals, but it always came with a price. He provided money and the recipients were expected to use their political clout to sway government in to legislation that would be favourable to Apotex. There are numerous example of donations that were withdrawn by Sherman when the benefactor failed to influence the lawmakers.

The donations came from Apotex, not Barry Sherman. And don't think they will stop because Barry is dead.

Thank you for explaining this to me. And since you seem to believe I or others might benefit from your explanations, it seems as if you might be privy to intimate details about not only Barry Sherman’s tax filings but his personality as well, so why don’t you request to become a Verified Insider? Otherwise I trust you’re merely offering your opinion....thus no explanation required.

Thank you for explaining this to me. And since you seem to believe I or others might benefit from your explanations, it seems as if you might be privy to intimate details about not only Barry Sherman’s tax filings but his personality as well, so why don’t you request to become a Verified Insider? Otherwise I trust you’re merely offering your opinion....thus no explanation required.
When Chrétien took office, Apotex had promised the University of Toronto its biggest-ever donation: $20 million toward a proposed $90-million research centre. At Sherman’s request, U of T lobbied the federal government to delay another round of what he considered damaging regulations. Top officials from Mount Sinai Hospital and Humber River Regional Hospital, also recipients of Apotex money, did the same. When their letters failed to sway the government, Sherman withdrew $25 million worth of pledges to various institutions, including U of T.

When Chrétien took office, Apotex had promised the University of Toronto its biggest-ever donation: $20 million toward a proposed $90-million research centre. At Sherman’s request, U of T lobbied the federal government to delay another round of what he considered damaging regulations. Top officials from Mount Sinai Hospital and Humber River Regional Hospital, also recipients of Apotex money, did the same. When their letters failed to sway the government, Sherman withdrew $25 million worth of pledges to various institutions, including U of T.

Chrétien was a liberal PM from 1993-2003....and so???

This was my post that you replied to:
“Dead people are no longer able to spend money nor donate to political causes. I’m certain that is true and there should be no argument, otherwise please site a specific example.”

So either Sherman had couple of political friends who orchestrated your alleged coverup or he did not, but it can’t be both ways. You made those allegations, not me. Or are you now changing your opinion to say Sherman had no political influence?

And this country wouldn't be willing to do anything of the sort, a couple of political friends would though.

Chrétien was a liberal PM from 1993-2003....and so???

This was my post that you replied to:
“Dead people are no longer able to spend money nor donate to political causes. I’m certain that is true and there should be no argument, otherwise please site a specific example.”

So either Sherman had couple of political friends who orchestrated your alleged coverup or he did not, but it can’t be both ways. You made those allegations, not me. Or are you now changing your opinion to say Sherman had no political influence?
Ask Justin Trudeau that question.

Why, it’s your theory, not mine.
I don't know what you want me to say? If you are denying that Barry Sherman was funding the countries most powerful politicians, well I just don't know what to say to that?

I don't know what you want me to say? If you are denying that Barry Sherman was funding the countries most powerful politicians, well I just don't know what to say to that?

Amazing, we’ve come full circle to my original point made on about page 2 of this thread, about why I think a m/s scenario was highly improbable from the very beginning. And now you’re agreeing?

<modsnip - personalizing>
I have no intention of debating my own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, we’ve come full circle to my original point made on about page 2 of this thread, about why I think a m/s scenario was highly improbable from the very beginning. And now you’re agreeing?

<modsnip - personalizing>

I have no intention of debating my own opinion.
I think you are deliberately ignoring what I said. People in power have no problem protecting a dead man's legacy. They would have a big problem letting a murderer walk the streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member