CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are screenshots allowed here? They have since been deleted but were on the public KRDO Facebook page.
Are you talking about the one from Kelsey's aunt? I don't think that's allowed for a couple of reasons, one being that we don't know for sure that it's really Kelsey's aunt, and I'll have to reread the TOS, but I don't think we can discuss rumors. I would avoid it to be on the safe side.

Another thing that I find odd about this case is that there have been no organized searches. Did I miss something? Is it because people have no idea where to begin searching?
That just adds to the 'no danger' to the public statement... which doesn't 'add' up.

Statement from PF's attorneys:

@KristinHaubrich
The fiancé of missing Woodland Park mother, Kelsey Berreth, has retained an attorney in Colorado Springs. The Law Office of Jeremy Lowe just released this statement on behalf of Patrick Frazee:

DuO1JGbV4AEPNmS.jpg
I call BS. We all knew about the press conference a day ahead of time. Do you mean to tell me that PF's fiance' is missing and he's not even watching the news? Pfft...:confused:
MOO

I think this was probably a breakup fight. Perhaps she threatened to take the baby away from him. He could have lost his temper and did something to her. I think he has gotten very attached to the baby since he took care of her while mom worked and thinks of the baby as a possession. It would be interesting to know if he was the possessive and/or controlling type. I think they both were "religious" and posed as not living together but stayed the night together frequently. This is my own opinion.

I hope an attorney will weigh in here about CO child custody laws. In many states, an unmarried mother has full custody. The father has to go to court and establish parentage and a parenting plan but taking away full custody from a working mother who isn't unfit would be very, very difficult. JMO

My daughter is 28 and it does feel awkward (just a little) having your not-married 'little girl' having a BF sleep over. I am open-minded anyway and as long as she is happy I am happy so it is no big deal at all... but it does feel weird when you think about it as a dad/mom.
Can't help it.

I can understand that. But if your daughter had a baby with her boyfriend who occasionally sleeps over and then she goes missing, how are you going to characterize their relationship? If there was a reason they didn't live together or were not married, wouldn't you want to make that known?
There are valid explanations I can think of-- such as:
"They were never really a serious couple but they had a baby and they were committed to being civil to each other for the baby's sake."
"They broke up when the baby was born but they got back together recently and got engaged"
"They have had an on again, off again relationship and they argued a lot, so they lived separately and we are really not sure if they were getting married"
"They are not a couple anymore but he sometimes comes to see her and he takes care of the baby on an arranged schedule"
"He was abusive and she was trying to leave him but they have a baby together-- she bought her own house to try to make a home for her and her baby"

I can't see how this was a stable, normal relationship with them living separately and exchanging the baby between them. It seems more like an arrangement between strangers or people who are not in a relationship but find themselves having to interact with each other because they had a child together. I'm not seeing any evidence they were engaged to be married. And that is really bad. Because it seems like Kelsey may have been isolated and didn't talk to her mom daily. Her mom didn't call police for 10 days. If someone wanted to harm Kelsey that person had a big lead time to cover up and destroy evidence. MOO.

I definitely think it was planned out ahead of time, no matter who or what is responsible for KB's disappearance. There's no obvious crime scene, no real clues, and no sightings of KB (that I know of)...it seems too neat to have been a spur-of-the-moment thing or crime of opportunity. JMO.

If it was a planned thing, what was the next step in the plan? After the "time off from work" week was up, then what? Surely anyone with a plan would have a plan for when people started questioning Kelsey's disappearance. Maybe the "shrug" response we seem to be seeing was the plan? Or let people assume she self-harmed and can't be found?

IDK....I'm thinking it was spur-of-the-moment happening and then a long weekend for cover up, but I'm also considering other options.

Total speculation, not fact.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change.

This is the biggest for me. I tell everyone to lawyer up the minute they think they’re under suspicion, I would expect the SO of a missing person to retain one. But not seeing her, not reaching out to her during that time, not calling her family to see if they had heard from her...there is no urgency at all. I would be frantic if my husband disappeared for a day.

Heck, I'd be frantic if my ex-husband disappeared (if he were still alive, that is)!

To any sleuthers with LE background, what gives LE grounds to search a residence? Ie. I’m assuming they have not searched PF’s residence because they do not have probable cause? Do you think they’ve already asked for permission to search, and were denied? I would think just the fact she wasn’t reported missing by fiancé is cause enough for a search? But I’m no expert. MOO

Did fiancé ever comment on what text from Kelsey on 25th said??

BBM. No and neither has LE.

I have emailed the Woodland Park Police Dept to see if they can clarify what the mother said in the news conference in regards to what Kelsey likes. Did she say Kelsey likes her dog, likes her God, or what? When I listened to the conference it sounded to me as if she said she likes to (two?) dodge. I also thought she might have said she likes to jog. I have just read a story from the Bonner County Daily Bee (Idaho) in which it states she likes running and hiking so that is a possibility. Now I think she either said she likes two dogs or she like to jog. I will post the Bonner County article soon as it is not very old.

I played the PC with the closed captions on. Her mother days, "She loves her God."

I hope an attorney will weigh in here about CO child custody laws. In many states, an unmarried mother has full custody. The father has to go to court and establish parentage and a parenting plan but taking away full custody from a working mother who isn't unfit would be very, very difficult. JMO

Well, that is a biggy if he wanted the child way more than he wanted her around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny