CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ snipped for space]
Then again... my family would have zero interest in me coming to visit without my child anyway. So maybe I'm not the one to ask.
If it is in fact true, it definitely does bring up the statistics of when a woman is in the most danger... when leaving a relationship. IF it's true I think she was likely going to leave WITH the baby to go see family and he wouldn't let that happen.

Yes, to the bolded above. I think there is a strong possibility that she would have wanted to spend her vacation days with her baby, since her ex-fiance' was with the baby 5 days a week , while she worked. They may have argued about that, and she might have said she wanted to move back 'home' near her family, with the baby.

That would have triggered a volatile response, most likely. JMO

Like Susan Powell.

I used to touch base with Susan’s friend. Best girlfriends really are our lifesavers in every way. I love mine and, if you’re young, my best advice is to nurture your relationships with women. Guys are awesome and I love them but you need girlfriends. Trust me

Edited to delete a name

Last edited:
@MassGuy, but you assume KB is PF’s fiancée. All we know is that they have a baby together and leave separately. We have no proof he is her fiancé. I suspect he is not.

It is true that normal people will do everything to help locate a missing person if it is their SO. What if it is an “ex”?

Same about “loved one”. What if they are not in love? What if PF does not know where KB is, but suspects something, and merely does not want to disclose too much personal information, in case she is alive? He could have said it all to the LE.

Not that I exonerate PF, I merely think we have zero information about the arrangement of that couple, if indeed they are a couple.

I think if he disclosed everything to LE and he wasn't involved they wouldn't have conducted a search of his residence and vehicles and they wouldn't have said they would like to talk to him.

But point well taken: If someone isn't close to the missing person, why do they need to subject themselves to scrutiny of any kind by answering media questions or assisting LE?

What did you hear that made you think Kelsey left on her own or hurt herself? I’m dumbfounded. Oh and it’s Hipaa not HIPPA.

Mass?!?
I don’t know what the heck happened here, as part of that is my quote and the other part is somebody else’s.

I’ve been pretty clear that I believe this to be foul play, and that she didn’t go off on her own.

I have to say that the Idaho ping disturbs me for a different reason. If the person that took KB took her phone to Idaho, which seems to be likely, that person probably took her at least part of the way as well. Almost certainly that went through most of Wyoming. I don't know how many of you have been in central or across southern Wyoming, but if not, it's hard to describe. A hundred miles between towns, thousands of square miles of unpopulated, wild, open land. If this person, whoever disposed of KB there, whoever it was, she will likely never be found.

Thanks PrairieWind for describing these areas.
As suggested, thousands of miles of unpopulated land, would cause major difficulties in finding a body there, IF Kelsey was in that area, due to phone ping.

Thanks PrairieWind for describing these areas.
As suggested, thousands of miles of unpopulated land, would cause major difficulties in finding a body there, IF Kelsey was in that area, due to phone ping.

However, the counterpoint is that driving a cell phone several hundred miles to dispose of it is one thing.

Driving a human body several hundred miles seems more risky than required.

Yes we've seen it done, just not convinced it would have made sense in this situation.

Maybe it did but I hope not.

Anything over half an acre would be huge to me, as I am living in a large city.
Couldn't a 'body' be buried/hidden in all those acres?

Certainly. We've buried many a horse on a much larger family ranch. Using a backhoe. Went down 8-12 feet to avoid scavengers.

It is suggested that you use lime to avoid scavengers but we just buried them much deeper instead. For some reason just never could stomach the lime idea.

Not sure how much experience PF has with burying animals. In his line of work he may not do it at all. Many people simply call a company to take the large animals away. We don't as we know what they do with them and cannot stomach it either.

Okay now I've made myself nauseaous. Yes we are a tad soft for ranch people! Goodnight, I'll never catch up tomorrow!

However, the counterpoint is that driving a cell phone several hundred miles to dispose of it is one thing.

Yes we've seen it done, just not convinced it would have made sense in this situation.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised one way or another.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to travel that amount of distance just to create a misleading ping.

He could have traveled half that distance and achieved the same goal.

I think that it’s possible that he had the body with him (assuming she is dead), for atleast part of that journey.

I doubt that he had it with him the entire way though.

She did not have family there. Her family lives way up in the Idaho panhandle, a few hours from the Canadian border. If she was driving to see them, she would go up through Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
Gooding is way down in south central Idaho, a few hours from Nevada. There would be no reason to go that way if she was driving to the Sandpoint area in north Idaho.
Her parents live there. The bulk of her family lives in the Tri-Cities and Spokane areas of Washington State.

I’m hopeful. Even with time and possible research, he doesn’t have the experience and training of the FBI and CBI. He may have made a foolproof plan but he’s still an amateur. I hope her body is found so the wondering can stop for her family. I’ve always thought the not-knowing has to be the worst torture imaginable. Their next steps may be very difficult and I hope they get the support they need

Certainly. We've buried many a horse on a much larger family ranch. Using a backhoe. Went down 8-12 feet to avoid scavengers.

It is suggested that you use lime to avoid scavengers but we just buried them much deeper instead. For some reason just never could stomach the lime idea.

Not sure how much experience PF has with burying animals. In his line of work he may not do it at all. Many people simply call a company to take the large animals away. We don't as we know what they do with them and cannot stomach it either.

Okay now I've made myself nauseaous. Yes we are a tad soft for ranch people! Goodnight, I'll never catch up tomorrow!
Have you heard about the Murder case (on Websleuths: Babcock) where an Incinerator was used: apparently initially bought for disposing animals?

I watched the video that was provided yesterday although the feed was from earlier.
Fox31KDVR out of Denver IIRC.
"SEARCH WARRANT EXECUTED: This is an overhead view of the property of Kelsey Berreth's fiance, Patrick Frazee. Law enforcement officers are executing a search warrant there.
Due to lack of signal in the mountains, this is playback from earlier this morning."
Hoping there is an answer for Kelsey and her entire family very soon and as always so wishing it could be a positive one.
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members