CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.
Agreed.

And with all due respect to CB....We don't know what their relationship was up to this point (KB and CB), were they more distant from each other than we've been led to believe ?
Although it still appears that PF is keeping the baby (and himself) away from any of KB's family.
So it's possible CB asked to see the baby and was denied.
A very confusing missing person's case.
I'd still like to see that she just left of her own accord and can be located and reunited with her babygirl !

Baking in the morning and not finishing up suggests that she disappeared after getting groceries and before she had a chance to finish up.

If Kelsey was going on a date, there must be text messages, phone calls or emails about dinner plans. Police would be looking in a different direction if there was proof that she met with someone else later in the day.

ITA.

Someone could have driven her to the store and waited outside while she shopped IMO. The family FB page says LE knows what she purchased so I believe if they know this, they know and have video footage of when she left and are purposely not sharing that video or timeline. JMO

Why take the baby in to the store if someone was going to be waiting for her in a car? Unless it was a stranger, I would let my baby sleep in the car seat in the car (while my husband drove laps around the parking lot to keep her asleep, lol) and I would just run in for what I needed. JMO.

Here’s a thought. She needed a holiday dish recipe from her mom. She took the baby and shopped for it. He picked up the baby so she could cook. A dish she would be bringing to ‘a dinner out’ which could have been at one of his relatives house. That’s “out” rather than “in”-her house or his. I think whoverver took her, it was from her house.

CB is a very strong woman with a deep faith that’s impressive. There are a couple of places, in the video from channel 5 upthread, where she gets real. The one that tells the truth about her relationship with PF is when she says she hasn’t seen the baby this time and doesn’t know if she will. That upsets her, as it would any grandmother. He’s controlling her like he may have controlled KB. Why do that? Is the baby scratched or bruised? A couple of my kids were speaking in 3 word sentences by 10 months. This baby is 14 months. Did she see something? Otherwise why not let Grandma see the baby, even through an advocate? Big red flag!
My son was talking in short sentences at his first birthday. He literally said, "I want more cake!" So, it's very possible the little girl is talking at 14 mos and could tell about something. That might be why he's not letting her out of his site and won't let KB's mom see her.

I have 7 acres (300 feet x 1,000 feet). I figure that if I start searching my land, searching 20 feet to my left and 20 feet to my right, it would take me 1/2 hour to completely search my 7 acres. Since PK had 35 acres, I could search that in less than 3 hours. Since the police had some 70 people searching, they could have searched that in a few minutes (maybe 3 minutes), if they were all set up to search a certain grid. To me that is a small ranch.

Her mom stated that on her non-edited interview. It scares me to think that Kelsey may have gotten in PF's truck on Thanksgiving to go to a rural forest to search for a Christmas tree with an axe.

:eek: I didn't even think of that. She's so tiny compared to him, I don't think he would need an axe. JMO.

Yes, someone in the Air Force, after doing a background check on Devin Kelley, failed to submit his domestic violence record to the national background check system.

There is no evidence that Kelsey has a sketchy mental health history. She underwent an extensive background check before she was hired to train Air Force pilots. It's very possible that she was required to undergo a background check every year or biyearly.

I think its pretty obvious now what happened, the exact details will come out. The phone pings from Idaho will be his undoing. Someone either missed the baby while he was gone or watched the baby while he was gone. He couldn't have traveled that long without being noticed by his family. Whoever that was now knows Kelsey was already missing when that event happened; the the baby wasn't with her. That person is either going to corroborate an alibi or not.

FWIW - My cousin and his wife live in Woodland Park, not far from KB’s residence. They are the same age range as KB and have lived in WP for about 6 years. They have 4 young kids - she works at a school in WP and he works in Colorado Springs. I talked to them over the weekend and they don’t know KB or PF and none of their friends do either. They said most of their friends in Woodland Park aren’t from WP originally. They love the community and say it’s very friendly with lots of great down to earth people. They said most of their friends are people they’ve met through work or kids activities. They said it took awhile to get to know people at first mostly because they were so busy adjusting to a new town, new house, new jobs and raising small kids. They said they don’t think it’s unusual that KB doesn’t seem to have any friends from the area since she was relatively new to the area, didn’t work in WP and was likely busy getting her feet planted, working, and being a mom.

Why take the baby in to the store if someone was going to be waiting for her in a car? Unless it was a stranger, I would let my baby sleep in the car seat in the car (while my husband drove laps around the parking lot to keep her asleep, lol) and I would just run in for what I needed. JMO.
good point - but if you are a working mom who doesn't get that much time with the baby during the day (awake), you may just want to maximize the time you do have with her and talk to her face to face while you shop? I'm trying to think of alternative scenarios. JMO

I wonder if KB could have possibly had google location or FB location turned on her phone. I didn't even know I had FB location turned on mine. I just checked my history and it has where I am every second and when I'm on the move. It's quite creepy actually. I guess that would only work while the phone was on. But if turned on, you could check past history of any places visited.

Kelsey's mother reported her missing to the police. She likely knew that her boyfriend had not reported her missing. Hell may have broke loose in that phone call. That in itself might be the reason she is not seeing the baby this trip. One of the reasons.

wow. Just wow. She is way nicer than I would be. I am the mother of a 30 yr old daughter. If he wouldn’t take my calls I would find him personally.
You have suggested that Kelsey's mom didn't try to find Patrick or call him. There's no evidence to support that.

Did you see the news reporter who tried to interview PF on his ranch? The gates that lead to his house on the ranch are padlocked. There are cattle on his ranch and likely a bull. Climbing over the fence when there is a bull could be lethal. Climbing over a fence and entering private property is illegal and in some areas, could get you shot.

Baking in the morning and not finishing up suggests that she disappeared after getting groceries and before she had a chance to finish up.

If Kelsey was going on a date, there must be text messages, phone calls or emails about dinner plans. Police would be looking in a different direction if there was proof that she met with someone else later in the day.

You are so on point @otto (IMO). It appears the only options the police are looking at relate to PF...

This is what 35 acres looks like with no trees.

RwTEILG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members