CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe he did drive to Idaho to ping her phone and send texts, do you think he would go thru all that and leave her body in Colorado where, if found would destroy his alibi?
Driving to Idaho to ping her phone is one thing, but driving to Idaho with a dead body in your vehicle is another. You would have to be a complete nincompoop to do the latter. If there’s a body, it’s in most definitely in Colorado, probably not far from his house. You would dispose of the body fast.

why wouldn't he have moved one of her cars to throw them off? Maybe neighbors would see him, esp if he didn't have a key and had to break into them.
I agree- the cars were a problem he couldn’t solve. No one else was involved to drive one of the cars to Idaho. He couldn’t drive her car to Idaho to leave her and the car, with a baby, and get home. Especially without being noticed.

Driving to Idaho to ping her phone is one thing, but driving to Idaho with a dead body in your vehicle is another. You would have to be a complete nincompoop to do the latter. If there’s a body, it’s in most definitely in Colorado, probably not far from his house. You would dispose of the body fast.
I disagree. I think he would go to lengths to secure her body in Idaho to seal his alibi.

I would really like to know where his mother was and if LE has spoken to her. Will she supply an alibi for her son?

If anything happened at the ranch I don't believe his mother would have been there. For all we know she was having thanksgiving in colorado springs with the other son. Maybe she has been staying there. Certainly no reporters have been trying to bug her.

If anything happened at the ranch I don't believe his mother would have been there. For all we know she was having thanksgiving in colorado springs with the other son. Maybe she has been staying there. Certainly no reporters have been trying to bug her.
I think it more likely that the whole family would have gone back to the family home for Thanksgiving, even if the younger females of the family did the cooking of the meal.

Yeah, I agree.

Two things trouble me.

I mentioned this, but most people don’t like to hold on to dead bodies for any length of time.

2-3 days is a long time.

Most killers don’t like to travel a long distance with a body in their possession.

If the usual rules apply, that body should be a hell of a lot closer to home than Idaho.

That phone activity and her body, may not be close together.

no way. he's going down. they just really need her body. without a body it's hard to get beyond a reasonable doubt.
I would disagree. They may never find a body as the case I described earlier, but strong circumstantial evidence got him 3 consecutive life sentences. Only one body, his first victim, his father who he shot through the eye. First ruled a suicide, but when he was charged with two more murders where NO bodies were recovered he was charged on that too. Not easy for the prosecution as LE did a very sloppy job on collecting any evidence since they bought the son's "story" and ruled it a suicide. Cell phone logs sunk him along with video and other digital evidence.

I know they can convict without a body, but it's much easier with one. Plus, they like the closure for the family and the respect of a proper burial for the victim.

I would disagree. They may never find a body as the case I described earlier, but strong circumstantial evidence got him 3 consecutive life sentences. Only one body, his first victim, his father who he shot through the eye. First ruled a suicide, but when he was charged with two more murders where NO bodies were recovered he was charged on that too. Not easy for the prosecution as LE did a very sloppy job on collecting any evidence since they bought the son's "story" and ruled it a suicide. Cell phone logs sunk him along with video and other digital evidence.

I think it more likely that the whole family would have gone back to the family home for Thanksgiving, even if the younger females of the family did the cooking of the meal.
Or they were all going to his brothers maybe, I think they were getting together with his family for thanksgiving and that’s why she needed a recipe and to shop for whatever her mother said she was making that day. I believe this is really what she meant by dinner ‘out’ but wouldn’t elaborate on. LE likely didn’t want this revealed for whatever reason.

this guy appears incredibly arrogant and hotheaded. I think he could have driven the body to Idaho on TG or the next day, maybe overnight. There are backroads through northern CO that can get you to Wyoming and then on to Idaho. She could be anywhere in NoCO or WY. One day they will find bones like they did with Dylan Redwine (Mark Redwine is finally going to trial in Feb!!!).

Yeah, I agree.

Two things trouble me.

I mentioned this, but most people don’t like to hold on to dead bodies for any length of time.

2-3 days is a long time.

Most killers don’t like to travel a long distance with a body in their possession.

If the usual rules apply, that body should be a hell of a lot closer to home than Idaho.

That phone activity and her body, may not be close together.

Or they were all going to his brothers maybe, I think they were getting together with his family for thanksgiving and that’s why she needed a recipe and to shop for whatever her mother said she was making that day. I believe this is really what she meant by dinner ‘out’ but wouldn’t elaborate on. LE likely didn’t want this revealed for whatever reason.
I firmly believe that she was going somewhere with him and the baby for dinner and I think that her mother has been told not to talk about it by LE.

In days long past you could go and "dump" trash at a landfill....long days ago. Now good landfills like WM have a transfer facility or receiving station where they receive the waste and make sure it is what is it supposed to be. Then WM transfers it to the landfill. The landfills are on the left side of the picture. Each day, they they put a daily cover over the waste material. You can't even tell it is trash. I worked in environmental and used to go right to the Republic Landfill, and right at the landfill it does not have a bad smell because both of those landfills really are careful and keep it clean. When some of the cells are full, they plant grass and may donate for a softball field or municipal park. This particular facility requires you to get prior approval and they accept construction and demolition debris, yard waste, and municipal waste. The municipal waste would be the waste that the garbage trucks pick up from the city. It appears an individual would only be able to drop off construction and demolition debris (maybe citizens can) and yard waste.

Here is an aerial photo of the area and waste acceptance guidelines.View attachment 160625 View attachment 160626

I'm sincerely curious. Where are the landfills in the left side of the photo? All I see is open desert range land, some businesses and a section of houses. Coulson Lake is just east out of the crop of that Google Earth photo. Colorado would allow landfill dump sites that close to a lake and private houses?

Edited to add Google Earth pic of WMF in Divide, CO.

Attachments

• wmf.jpg
    wmf.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors