CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have taken off in a plane, still, only from another airport? Not the Doss one? Someone said she had ties to Kansas. Or did she ever use another airport in Colorado? Could the phone be thrown off a plane and ping before breaking up?
I believe it's pretty difficult to take hold of a random aircraft, and soar in the air incognito. Most important however, I do not believe KB would abandon her child and purposely cause her family such grief and worry. I thinks its been about 28 days since child has seen her Mommy. Phone plant and destruction was all about delay, distance, and distract. MOO

So true. Case in point: Dellen Millard. Privileged upbringing, first kid to get his pilot's license and helicopter I believe on the same day? Can't remember that exactly. He thought he was SO smart he couldn't get caught, and yet he did the stupidest things. Just got his third life sentence to be served consecutively. Good riddance to bad rubbish! The most arrogant perp ever. His own uncle, a veterinarian called him a "sick, twisted pr@#k." Millard told people he was going into business with his uncle and that's why he purchased the incinerator. Used it for two victims.
I notice his little helper pled guilty to obstruction of justice.
If this is foul play, whoever might be lending a helping hand ought to be producing bricks right about now.

The issue is I can write a version in my head that doesn't end well for KB, yet doesn't involve PF just as easily. Which is why it's still 95% PF/5% known other in my head.
Have you shared your theoretical version? I'd like to think I'm open minded, but I'm just not able at this point to give him the "benefit" of the doubt.

Her aunt who is a verified insider said it here and elsewhere. I also believe she was quoted in a couple news articles. We don’t know how she came to believe that though. Did her sister tell her that? Was it what PF claimed? Or had someone in the family heard that from Kelsey at some point?

I'm reading it now. Would love to know the Genesis of her thinking, why she came to believe that. They do seem to be direct quotes.
upload_2018-12-19_12-5-54.png

Link: Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

I notice his little helper pled guilty to obstruction of justice.
If this is foul play, whoever might be lending a helping hand ought to be producing bricks right about now.
Agreed. In MHO Millard's "little helper" should have served jail time and his mother should have been charged with obstruction of justice. I still can't get over the glowing characterization she penned in defence of that animal.

Since he works with dogs I suspect he would be more aware or focused on the idea of police using dogs to sniff out regions and for that reason, would be less likely to have disposed of any evidence in areas that are associated with his daily activities. Since he has family who have served in the police force I also think it is unlikely that we would drive a long distance with evidence in his car.

Have you shared your theoretical version? I'd like to think I'm open minded, but I'm just not able at this point to give him the "benefit" of the doubt.
Mine is similar. I’m at about 90% PF/9% another perp known to her/less than 1% accident or self-initiated.

I leave room for the 9% both because of outcomes of other cases I followed here on WS and because there are so many unknowns still. If video footage in the area or on the road to Idaho contradicted PF’s story, that’d push me over the edge toward PF.

But since herfamily has indicated they do believe she “could” be out there, have asked truckers to be on the lookout, and have said the reason her missing person report was filed so late is a “long story” we will understand later...and since LE initially did say “if Kelsey is out there and doesn’t want to be found, just contact us and let us know” (paraphrase), it makes me think there’s a possibility she could’ve gone on a trip with another person. And obviously did not come back, which to me, seems like someone more than likely harmed her...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has noticed article to article that either she dropped the baby off or he picked up the baby. The neighbor says she saw his truck there between 12:30 and 1 pm. I wonder if he picked up the baby and it is himself that changed the story that she dropped the baby off. Maybe because he doesn’t want to be placed at the crime scene that day should they find any evidence. I fully believe he picked the baby up.

JMHO and Speculation but since the neighbor confirmed his truck was at her house on Thanksgiving around 1-1:30pm which was after KB returned from the store (assuming she did return since he has the child and her vehicles were also in the driveway with his parked behind hers), thinking she went with him on a trip into the woods to get a tree, or talk, or have a meal as supported by her mother's comments. Perhaps if they had broken up in the days before or agreed to stay living apart for now, that she was going to pursue child support, and that he would also subsequently end up not seeing their daughter as much. I know it's speculation but she could also be pregnant which he did or did not know. Those things (leaving, money stress, losing your g/f and family, just losing control) can scare men into doing things that are out of character.

I think the most likely scenario is that PF drove with her somewhere, they got out of the car and something happened then. Unless there is cadaver scent in his vehicle, I think he took her alive to her final destination, that being somewhere between CO and Idaho. Then, he went further, made the texts from her phone to him and her employer and then ditched the phone after destroying it.
Unless (I am not aware of a feature like this) a text can be on a timer for when it is sent. If that's possible I can come up with other scenarios.
jmo

A possible scenario:
She leaves the cinnamon rolls on the table, goes to Safeway, they both arrive at her house about the same time. He says, "Let's go get the tree." She gets in the truck with K. Maybe she takes her purchases in and quickly puts stuff away, OR just leaves the bags on the kitchen counter, OR takes them with her ( so where are the things she bought? Was it a box of diapers and baby stuff she took with her?). He takes her to wherever and then the rest happens. IF this is true, she didn't have time to get ready for dinner, but that was her plan for later - come back home, maybe put the tree up, clean up, then out to a Chinese restaurant.

ETA: MOO
I like your theory. I would like to add to it -
While they go run their errand (tree hunting, buying presents, whatever) it gives the opportunity for his accomplice to hide in her unit. I think PB got to her house early while she was out shopping and made it convenient for someone to enter her residence by leaving a door or window unlocked. When he drops her back off that is when the act happens. PB never got his hands dirty. He doesn't want his daughter to witness all this. Accomplice took care of her and dumps her body nearby. Afterwards, he drives to ID area to send texts and then throws her cell phone away (possibly a body of water where it will likely never be found). I think this accomplice is someone he has worked with in the past and may not even live in CO. I believe he was paid to do the deed. JMO and one of a couple theories I've narrowed down. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Mine is similar. I’m at about 90% PF/9% another perp known to her/less than 1% accident or self-initiated.

I leave room for the 9% both because of outcomes of other cases I followed here on WS and because there are so many unknowns still. If video footage in the area or on the road to Idaho contradicted PF’s story, that’d push me over the edge toward PF.

But since his family has indicated they do believe she “could” be out there, have asked truckers to be on the lookout, and have said the reason her missing person report was filed so late is a “long story” we will understand later...and since LE initially did say “if Kelsey is out there and doesn’t want to be found, just contact us and let us know” (paraphrase), it makes me think there’s a possibility she could’ve gone on a trip with another person. And obviously did not come back, which to me, seems like someone more than likely harmed her...
I think it's a long story because he said something to placate their initial concern, ie they broke up, she needed time away, was going to visit grandmother, etc. Buying himself time to further his "alibi."

The issue is I can write a version in my head that doesn't end well for KB, yet doesn't involve PF just as easily. Which is why it's still 95% PF/5% known other in my head.
I agree. 95%/5%. I remember the missing woman near where my family lived. She had everything, a perfect life. Not one friend, family member or co-worker had any idea she was not OK and she went missing. She was found in the same neighborhood and though most thought it was an abduction/murder, it wasn't. Very sad case. (I still lean toward PF involvement though.) Keeping an open mind and looking with no set conclusion yet.

I like your theory. I would like to add to it -
While they go run their errand (tree hunting, buying presents, whatever) it gives the opportunity for his accomplice to hide in her unit. I think PB got to her house early while she was out shopping and made it convenient for someone to enter her residence by leaving a door or window unlocked. When he drops her back off that is when the act happens. PB never got his hands dirty. He doesn't want his daughter to witness all this. Accomplice took care of her and dumps her body nearby. Afterwards, he drives to ID area to send texts and then throws her cell phone away (possibly a body of water where it will likely never be found). I think this accomplice is someone he has worked with in the past and may not even live in CO. I believe he was paid to do the deed. JMO and one of a couple theories I've narrowed down. I hope I'm wrong of course.
That is an interesting theory.

I had suggested, threads back, that people encourage others to boycott his business in an effort just to pressure him to sit down with LE. That met with some resistance. Ok. Now + the info re: animal treatment. Hmm. How do I feel/continue to feel now, in general about all of this? Not good.

Here is the truth. People are hating him not because we have evidence against him. We simply have nothing and he lawyered up and is not giving interviews.

We are blaming him in the court of opinions.

And now imagine this - she is found, and he is not guilty? My 15% chance.

How would we look? Asking to destroy his business without solid evidence? Him being the sole provider for the child? Driving him onto the street with this poor child?

It is one thing to voice our opinions. But honestly - we don't know much about Kelsey, either! I can't say anything about her, her family is silent, except for someone cussing on the FB; her ex is silent. Her old friends are silent. Her coworkers are silent. LE is silently chasing some rubbish now. We don't know much. If there is animal maltreatment, let PETA deal with it. I don't know much about dogs so I don't know.

We can voice ideas but we are all going in the same direction. It is ok but we can't stone without a fair trial.

I think it's a long story because he said something to placate their initial concern, ie they broke up, she needed time away, was going to visit grandmother, etc. Buying himself time to further his "alibi."
Definitely a possibility. I can think of lots of things that would qualify as long stories...but it will be interesting to see if the long story does indeed come out in the end. Sometimes we never know all the details, even after they convict someone.

Here is the truth. People are hating him not because we have evidence against him. We simply have nothing and he lawyered up and is not giving interviews.

We are blaming him in the court of opinions.

And now imagine this - she is found, and he is not guilty? My 15% chance.

How would we look? Asking to destroy his business without solid evidence? Him being the sole provider for the child? Driving him onto the street with this poor child?

It is one thing to voice our opinions. But honestly - we don't know much about Kelsey, either! I can't say anything about her, her family is silent, except for someone cussing on the FB; her ex is silent. Her old friends are silent. Her coworkers are silent. LE is silently chasing some rubbish now. We don't know much. If there is animal maltreatment, let PETA deal with it. I don't know much about dogs so I don't know.

We can voice ideas but we are all going in the same direction. It is ok but we can't stone without a fair trial.
Did you see the interviews with her mom, cousin, Dad’s friend, pastor, brother in law, neighbor etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plantsoverpeople