CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t live in Colorado so I don’t know what their statutes accommodate but if she had any kind of letter or anything in writing Saying she would want her Mom to raise baby K - I believe the Judge would look at that and consider her feelings but honestly - she was not married so how could anyone get custody but CB? Do they favor maternal or paternal parents? I hope the judge looks at home life and stability of the family of PF if they try for custody IMO - in the meantime any parents should establish the pre- need guardian in advance just in case JMO

Lets hope that both families can work together so that no matter who gets custody, the child has access to everyone. Lots of ground rules have to be established but if everyone holds the best interest of the child as the most important thing then it can be done. His family, i feel for them too. I am sure it is beyond their comprehension that he could have done this. I am sure they are struggling with what to believe, also given the fact they aren't being given any evidence to help them process all of this. These cases can damage everyone and create discord in families.

I've seen some of us questioning if Ma Frazee was detained <modsnipped> -- which is a fair question -- but I have seen no "bashing" of Ma F.

moo

No one is bashing his family. Since he was just arrested, everyone’s emotions are likely in overdrive. But if it makes a difference to you, in the first few days of her disappearance, PF’s sister in law was on WS speaking very badly about KB and SHE is the victim! And NONE of his family was looking for KB or attending the vigil, etc. This is all about PF and the fact that he is charged with murder one.
If you feel bad for anyone, feel bad that KB’s loved ones STILL don’t know where her body is. So sad!
I do feel bad for her family but I also feel bad for his family if they weren't involved.It's possible to have compassion for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. This had to have been filed today. This is standard CPS dependency court stuff.

Thank you Gitana. I have a feeling we are going to have to repeat this like a broken record for the next 5 threads until the temp custody hearing. I'm flummoxed by how many people think KB could have enacted this prior to being murdered and no sleuths here would have found it before today. :p
C'mon, people. I know everyone is looking for motive like it's a needle in a needle factory but don't get excited and lose your heads. This Dec 27 custody hearing was set up today when PF was arrested and his mom was detained. Let's hope this has a good result and Baby K gets to stay with KB's family. :)

So happy LE got there! I think last person to see a victim is always a huge red flag, and the timeline for PF was all over the place plus the dump visit- didn't make much of the lawyer, I think that is a wise move, but there was no love here for KB . I wonder how much insurance she had and what her relationship was like with PFs mum. I so hope KB had shared all her concerns with her mum.

So he solicited someone to murder her Before Thanksgiving day which is when she went missing? He wanted her dead before that?? I thought he found out from her ON Thanksgiving day that she was breaking up with him and that's why he decided to kill her. I'm confused.

I think the break up story was all a lie PF made up. MOO.

PF had to have seen the huge media coverage of the Watts case back in August-November, especially since the resided in the same state.

What made him think he could get away with it?

I was devastated to hear Kelsey died, although, I felt she was murdered. When I heard of the solicitation to commit murder charge, indicating premeditation, I felt nauseous. The only silver lining is that he didn’t hurt her baby, unlike Monster Watts.

It makes me feel sick to know that Shanann was excited to come home to her husband and Kelsey was baking cinnamon rolls, asking for mom’s best recipes to prep for Thanksgiving, while their husbands were ruthlessly plotting their murders. SW & KB had NO idea they were each going to die on that day, at the father of their child’s hands.

People came out of the woodwork to call both CW and PF “gentle”, “kind”, “loving father” yet each were actively planning their murders and poor Shanann & Kelsey were completely blindsided.

Yes, sometimes there are signs that a man will be a potential murderer, however not always.

It is an uncomfortable realization to understand that not all men who murder their wives have a criminal past, “red flags” or “signs”. Any one can be Shanann or Kelsey.

Clearly, the monsters ARE NOT UNDER THE BED....

Last edited:
Agreed.
WS exists for theories and speculation.....and also sleuthing those arrested and/or detained by the authorities.

The fact that LE temporarily detained PF's mother speaks volumes.
LE also felt it prudent to place the baby with CPS and not with her paternal grandma.
Those are facts, and in light of LE's statement there may be more arrests is huge.
We're waiting for more information and this has to be so difficult for Kelsey's family. :(

I'm not sure it speaks volumes. Perhaps they simply wanted to do their jobs without any chance of interference, or concern for anyone's safety. It happens all the time.

Is it possible that LE does not yet know who PF tried to solicit? i. e if there is an electronic trail but the recipient is unknown? Otherwise...seems like there should have been another arrest today. Unless the person is LE’s source right now.

This is all guessing but I would think they know who because of cell phone records. They may not have filed charges because it can't be just a discussion, there has to be more to it, a plan. PF has been charged with solicitation for murder, so on his end there has to be some additional substance but maybe it was more of a one sided communication. Him giving plans and asking for action, $ etc. And the person on the other end of the communication being very careful in their responses. i don't know. i would think if you are the type of person who entertains the idea of being paid to off someone you would be very careful in what is written down to protect yourself. Who knows.. I have a feeling that we won't get any specifics on this the evidence with this case for a long time...

So he solicited someone to murder her Before Thanksgiving day which is when she went missing? He wanted her dead before that?? I thought he found out from her ON Thanksgiving day that she was breaking up with him and that's why he decided to kill her. I'm confused.
We don't know if he decided to kill her because she broke up with him or even if she actually did break up with him. However, the verified family member has said she did break it off, but we are not sure how she got that information. Not sure of motive, either. So far it is speculation based on the information we have so far.

Last edited:
His sister did but have the others?We can't control loved ones behavior.
Respectfully, I cannot answer exactly which other family members launched a campaign to smear KB, but it was cruel behavior on the part of whoever smeared a missing woman/mommy who had a baby.

I think the comparison between PF's family getting called out, and the pain and suffering KB's family and loved ones are experiencing cannot be compared.

just moo.

Last edited:
I do feel bad for her family but I also feel bad for his family if they weren't involved.It's possible to have compassion for both.
I can honestly say that if my son's girlfriend/fiance/mother of his child disappeared I would be out in front of the cameras begging for help and if I had their child in my house the maternal grandmother would be seeing and holding that child. Nothing like that happened with his family so pardon us if we aren't looking at them so lovingly.

Lets hope that both families can work together so that no matter who gets custody, the child has access to everyone. Lots of ground rules have to be established but if everyone holds the best interest of the child as the most important thing then it can be done. His family, i feel for them too. I am sure it is beyond their comprehension that he could have done this. I am sure they are struggling with what to believe, also given the fact they aren't being given any evidence to I’ll take
I agre. help them process all of this. These cases can damage everyone and create discord in families.

I agree. PF damaged his family as well as K’s. I’m sure his family loves the baby & by all accounts K had no qualms about the baby being with them. Forever when they see the child, they’ll be reminded their son robbed her of her mom.

I wonder if KB’s Mom sought legal advice prior to today about how to handle custody of the baby if PF was arrested. I’m sure they knew it was possible KB was deceased and wanted to insure his family did not try to get custody. Just so there was no battle ahead. Probably why KB’s Mom was very tight lipped when asked anything about her grandchild.

I’m sure she received advice and I’m very happy it worked out this way. Things could change at the hearing and if PF’s mom wants to challenge this, she has a good argument if she’s been a daily caregiver.

I’m not an expert and it’s all my opinion. I just find it very interesting and not normal that KB’s out of state family has been given custody vs all of the local family members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2