CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the baby actually with the Berreth's today, or in CPS custody til the 27th? That would be terrible.

The baby looks like Cheryl in that pic to me. I hope they are finding some joy having her right now, they need something to cling to - I can't imagine not knowing where Kelsey is. Horrible to know she's dead but to not know what he did with her is even more agony. jmo

Mother of missing Woodland Park woman hopes for her safe return from December 12th

...Speaking with NBC News.... 8:21 video below also

Pommymommy posted in media thread this

"Cheryl lives in Idaho and said the two of them talked on the phone twice on Thanksgiving. The call got interrupted because Kelsey had to take care of her 14-month-old daughter. Cheryl said nothing sounded out of the ordinary in those conversations.

“She’s been happy,” Cheryl said. “She’s been wanting to decorate for Christmas and was excited about that, but she thought she thought maybe her fiancee and Kaylee were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves. And so, she’s been holding off on buying something.”

Patrick Frazee was not present for a news conference held by the Woodland Park Police Department Monday regarding Kelsey’s disappearance.

“I still know someone knows where she is, someone has seen her there’s more information out there. Somebody just needs to realize, to recognize, to say something.”

There will be a community prayer vigil for Kelsey in Woodland Park on Thursday. It will be held at the flagpole in Memorial Park starting at 6:00 p.m."

Maybe he did go Christmas hunting & Kelsey was invited along.

agree - that was a lie to explain his truck being seen at KB's. LE walked that statement back so as to not justify him being there, and bc it wasn't true either.

IIRC, PF's the source of the "handoff"/custody exchange of the baby story, (other than those who repeated what he said) so I give it zero credence. KB told her mom on the phone that morning that they were having dinner together, and maybe getting a Christmas tree, so I think PF concocted the "handoff" story to support his narrative of KB breaking up with him and taking off, leaving him with the baby...

I'm with you - not worth the time and energy to waste trying to make a man happy and wasting your own life. And the losers on online dating - unbelievable. I couldn't even eat while scrolling thru Tinder - so sickening!

Agree, as a late 50’s divorced woman after a long marriage. I understand people are busy, but “meeting” online takes a long time too, sifting through all those profiles. One of my friends tried this for a year or so and was shocked at the losers she met, who seemed “normal” in chats online. I wasn’t so shocked. But I think until you reach a certain age, it is hard to imagine not being “partnered”. For me, it is just the opposite...

Still, Kelsey only did what is being done nowadays...jmo

it is surprising the level of deceit and betrayal that can go into the planning of their partner's demise - all the while living with their partners, smiling, chatting, allow them to cook meals for them etc. This can go on for months. The set up is very well planned. But they overestimate their ability to get away with it.

I would disagree, as he needed to plant the seeds of animosity so they could sprout and grow towards KB. The story about the "break-up" and "trip to granny's" would look more believable to his supporters that way. Also, he was charged with solicitation to commit murder. Murder was on his mind. Remember as well, abusers like to project their behaviour onto their victims. I've seen it many times in my life.

Haaaa. We’re not allowed to use name variations that mock people.

So it’s PF from now on.

Yes, and sometimes we change the initials after they have been convicted. Like we do with Casey Anthony and call her FCA on the threads. We were allowed to do that after the moderators understood that F meant the word felon.

*Wink wink wink*

Ive never been Christmas tree shopping. Is it something that people tend to do as a family? Is it inconvenient for a single parent to take along a small child? Is it a "fun activity" that someone, who was excited for the holiday, would want to take part in?
yes, it can be fun, and for some families it's a holiday tradition to be done as a family. I sort of imagine that in Colorado you could just go out, find your own tree, and chop it down. (Not sure about that, though...) Where I live, there are Christmas tree lots where people can buy trees.....

It had crossed my mind that PF delayed KB getting her own tree so he could arrive on Thanksgiving and say, "Let's go out now and get a tree!".... They'd be offsite, he'd have an ax ( :/ ), and privacy... Since LE seemed to focus on her place as the violence/DNA site, though, it seems unlikely he took her out on the pretext of looking for a tree...

I met my abuser through mutual friends - 6 different friends had him in their circles. Not one of them had any idea about him - they all thought he was great. Please don't assume that people are what they say they are in person either. Most don't understand themselves or know who or what they are yet, unless they have failed relationships behind them. They are charming, charismatic, smart, funny, and share your interests. They are master manipulators. Unfortunately, it is more likely the man you are interested in is engaging in unsavory behaviors than not. But most are not murderers. They ruin your life in other ways and most women don't realize it until it gets beyond the point of no return. The reason women are murdered by men they love is toxic masculinity, the patriarchy, and the entitlement and privilege that men are raised with, at home and in the culture at large. It is so beyond anything women can understand. Women live to help and please. men live to be pleased and to be catered to. Their outrage at not being treated the way they believe they deserve is what causes this violence. That and their lack of empathy and lack of ability to love, lack of executive function, and proclivity toward risk taking and low impulse control. And their grandiosity - they are better and smarter than everyone else. What they believe is what is right and no one knows any better. not accountable to anyone - even the law.

Emotional self-regulation and basic psychological development (and lack thereof) as children creates most of these issues. Toxic masculinity. Boys don't cry. Be a "good" boy. Don't be "bad". Parents who can't help their children identify their feelings and learn to manage them, and to distinguish feelings from actions. Parents who ignore or deny their children's feelings. Parents who punish kids for "acting out", like expressing normal, healthy emotions. That's when kids start splitting others into all good and all bad, and projecting bad behaviors onto others - unable to see themselves as responsible. If kids aren't able to mentalize - to understand the mental states of themselves and others - a form of intellectual empathy, or to see themselves as separate from others and to accept themselves (including their *bad* feelings) as worthy and valuable, it's going to end up damaging other people.

This is IMHO big-time so please don't beat me up. I'm 68. Been divorced for 25 years, married for 18 before that. I have dated men from bars, from the computer, through friends, anyway you can find a man. By far the scariest is through the computer. I've even had a PO out on a guy for the past five years. Not only are people not what they say they are on the computer but you can hardly detect pure insanity and sometimes it takes a long time to find that out. Someone asked about three pages ago why are so many young girls getting murdered. IMHO we have opened ourselves up to danger. We move into Danger. We live in danger. And we put up with Danger. Why? Because of companionship and love. The second dangerous component is that we don't know how to talk to each other.
Now y'all can rip me up for this but this is what we're doing in order to find a person. And unfortunately some of those people can be very very dangerous. Sometimes I think it would be just better if we all just got out from behind our screens and just live life.
Off to go be with my family, love you guys and everybody have a Merry Christmas!
MOOMOOMOOMOOMOO
ELAINE

I met my abuser through mutual friends - 6 different friends had him in their circles. Not one of them had any idea about him - they all thought he was great. Please don't assume that people are what they say they are in person either. Most don't understand themselves or know who or what they are yet, unless they have failed relationships behind them. They are charming, charismatic, smart, funny, and share your interests. They are master manipulators. Unfortunately, it is more likely the man you are interested in is engaging in unsavory behaviors than not. But most are not murderers. They ruin your life in other ways and most women don't realize it until it gets beyond the point of no return. The reason women are murdered by men they love is toxic masculinity, the patriarchy, and the entitlement and privilege that men are raised with, at home and in the culture at large. It is so beyond anything women can understand. Women live to help and please. men live to be pleased and to be catered to.Their outrage at not being treated the way they believe they deserve is what causes this violence. That and their lack of empathy and lack of ability to love, lack of executive function, and proclivity toward risk taking and low impulse control. And their grandiosity - they are better and smarter than everyone else. What they believe is what is right and no one knows any better. not accountable to anyone - even the law.

Emotional self-regulation and basic psychological development (and lack thereof) as children creates most of these issues. Toxic masculinity. Boys don't cry. Be a "good" boy. Don't be "bad". Parents who can't help their children identify their feelings and learn to manage them, and to distinguish feeling from action. Parents who ignore or deny their children's feelings. That's when kids start splitting others into all good and all bad, and projecting bad behaviors onto others - unable to see themselves as responsible. If kids aren't able to mentalize - to understand the mental states of themselves and others - a form of intellectual empathy, or to see themselves as separate from others and to accept themselves (including their *bad* feelings) as worthy and valuable, it's going to end up damaging other people.
BBM. You need to put a big “IMO” around those comments, at least IMO. Those are some really offensive gender generalizations.

actually they are statistics. these are cultural generalizations and this is what occurs in intimate partner violence, which sometimes leads to domestic homicide. this is not necessarily what occurs in "healthy" relationships. the fact that many "normal" relationships are actually full of abuse is another issue.

BBM. You need to put a big “IMO” around those comments, at least IMO. Those are some really offensive gender generalizations.

Yes, and sometimes we change the initials after they have been convicted. Like we do with Casey Anthony and call her FCA on the threads. We were allowed to do that after the moderators understood that F meant the word felon.

*Wink wink wink*

So if PF is “convicted” we can call him CPF? C=Convicted

I've really got to agree with you, threads like this ALWAYS throw up generalised men bashing posts. A woman kills her partner, oh yup its jealousy because he was doing something, or he was abusive.

Same story, different thread, everytime. And no, I'm not a man.

Moo, imo and all that jazz

I met my abuser through mutual friends - 6 different friends had him in their circles. Not one of them had any idea about him - they all thought he was great. Please don't assume that people are what they say they are in person either. Most don't understand themselves or know who or what they are yet, unless they have failed relationships behind them. They are charming, charismatic, smart, funny, and share your interests. They are master manipulators. Unfortunately, it is more likely the man you are interested in is engaging in unsavory behaviors than not. But most are not murderers. They ruin your life in other ways and most women don't realize it until it gets beyond the point of no return. The reason women are murdered by men they love is toxic masculinity, the patriarchy, and the entitlement and privilege that men are raised with, at home and in the culture at large. It is so beyond anything women can understand. Women live to help and please. men live to be pleased and to be catered to. Their outrage at not being treated the way they believe they deserve is what causes this violence. That and their lack of empathy and lack of ability to love, lack of executive function, and proclivity toward risk taking and low impulse control. And their grandiosity - they are better and smarter than everyone else. What they believe is what is right and no one knows any better. not accountable to anyone - even the law.

Emotional self-regulation and basic psychological development (and lack thereof) as children creates most of these issues. Toxic masculinity. Boys don't cry. Be a "good" boy. Don't be "bad". Parents who can't help their children identify their feelings and learn to manage them, and to distinguish feelings from actions. Parents who ignore or deny their children's feelings. Parents who punish kids for "acting out", like expressing normal, healthy emotions. That's when kids start splitting others into all good and all bad, and projecting bad behaviors onto others - unable to see themselves as responsible. If kids aren't able to mentalize - to understand the mental states of themselves and others - a form of intellectual empathy, or to see themselves as separate from others and to accept themselves (including their *bad* feelings) as worthy and valuable, it's going to end up damaging other people.
Well, this toxic old man fooled old Santa another year at least.... No coal in my stocking..........MOO

actually they are statistics. these are cultural generalizations and this is what occurs in intimate partner violence, which sometimes leads to domestic homicide. this is not necessarily what occurs in "healthy" relationships. the fact that many "normal" relationships are actually full of abuse is another issue.
Can you share the link for these statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea