CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone PLEASE quote the words CB chose when she said something about KB/xmas decorating/tree shopping.

I agree. I also think that if an accomplice was the one to make that trip, he didn’t take her body with him.

Most people aren’t going to be willing to but their freedom on the line, in order to move a body for someone else.

So once we found out who took her phone, I think the answer to where she is will be clearer.

If PF made that trip, then she very well could be in Idaho.

If he didn’t, she’s still in Colorado.

I'm assuming that he removed her body from her home right after the murder. He was driving a red truck, so it's likely that he wrapped her body in a sheet (something like that) and put her in the back of the truck. This suggests that he hid the body quickly and close to her home.

It's also possible that he returned later to clean up and remove the body, although this means more risk of someone seeing him at her house after November 22. Could he have done the clean-up on November 25, and then used the phone to text himself and work? Did he visit a relative in Idaho on November 25 and leave or hide some evidence at the relative's home?

I'm guessing that the SIM card was removed from the phone between her house and the text messages to prevent tracking.

She must have told him she was moving on and taking the baby with her. He wasn't a decent enough person to accept that, not even a man. Did he and his mom want the baby? Was mom a Chris Watt's mom? How did he get her phone to Idaho? Was he stupid enough to think that would prove she left and everything would be fine??

I think they have found compelling evidence there.

My guess is that they were able to make a connection to atleast one person, who helped PF in either the murder, or the coverup of it.

We know that search warrants were executed, and evidence recovered.

I do get the feeling that her phone was found. Hopefully it is intact.
If her phone was NOT found, what theories explain those words from the press conference. "Yes, her phone ended up in Idaho." I don't know enough to know if technology in itself led them to it. I just assumed someone had it, or maybe that someone disposed of it. And in either scenario, that someone is talking.

I have an idea on why the police dug up a big hole near the house PF was living. I think the cadaver dogs pointed out this spot as to where Kelsey was buried, but PF moved the body when the police chief said that they might search PF's place. If you had buried a body on some land and the police announced that they might search that land, I think you would move the body (and dispose of it somewhere else, not on the property the police said they might search.) I don't think the body is in Idaho since it might have troublesome evidence on it and would need to be well-hidden, so might as well hide it as quick as possible.
Possible, but LE were in there with heavy equipment which doesn't seem conducive to recovering a tiny little body. Personally, I think she came back in the truck either wrapped in tarp or in a suitcase. If wrapped in a tarp the dogs would pick up on that. So, after he disposed of the body, did he bring the tarp back and hose it down in that area? Or did he switch trucks and use the blue/green truck to take her away? Was the blue/green truck on the property when they brought in the cadaver dogs? So many possibilities. Another thing that crossed my mind is that in some rural properties you have a septic and/or holding tank, but many owners will also have a grey water line that just leaches out into the ground away from the house. Saves on having frequent pump outs. They are illegal in most places but home owners keep them if they are already there and they just don't "advertise" it. My thinking is, if he used his sinks and washer to "clean up" the ground may reveal traces of KB's blood. JMT

ITA. Mainly because that is actually what his actions accomplished (in the short run, at least).

When you look to see what KB's disappearance actually accomplished -- PF had complete possession of the baby.

He was able to keep the child away from a grandparent. Since that's what his actions accomplished, I suspect that to be the motive as well.
Excellent Post!!!

This is IMHO big-time so please don't beat me up. I'm 68. Been divorced for 25 years, married for 18 before that. I have dated men from bars, from the computer, through friends, anyway you can find a man. By far the scariest is through the computer. I've even had a PO out on a guy for the past five years. Not only are people not what they say they are on the computer but you can hardly detect pure insanity and sometimes it takes a long time to find that out. Someone asked about three pages ago why are so many young girls getting murdered. IMHO we have opened ourselves up to danger. We move into Danger. We live in danger. And we put up with Danger. Why? Because of companionship and love. The second dangerous component is that we don't know how to talk to each other.
Now y'all can rip me up for this but this is what we're doing in order to find a person. And unfortunately some of those people can be very very dangerous. Sometimes I think it would be just better if we all just got out from behind our screens and just live life.
Off to go be with my family, love you guys and everybody have a Merry Christmas!
MOOMOOMOOMOOMOO
ELAINE
This is IMHO big-time so please don't beat me up. I'm 68. Been divorced for 25 years, married for 18 before that. I have dated men from bars, from the computer, through friends, anyway you can find a man. By far the scariest is through the computer. I've even had a PO out on a guy for the past five years. Not only are people not what they say they are on the computer but you can hardly detect pure insanity and sometimes it takes a long time to find that out. Someone asked about three pages ago why are so many young girls getting murdered. IMHO we have opened ourselves up to danger. We move into Danger. We live in danger. And we put up with Danger. Why? Because of companionship and love. The second dangerous component is that we don't know how to talk to each other.
Now y'all can rip me up for this but this is what we're doing in order to find a person. And unfortunately some of those people can be very very dangerous. Sometimes I think it would be just better if we all just got out from behind our screens and just live life.
Off to go be with my family, love you guys and everybody have a Merry Christmas!
MOOMOOMOOMOOMOO
ELAINE
I would disagree, as he needed to plant the seeds of animosity so they could sprout and grow towards KB. The story about the "break-up" and "trip to granny's" would look more believable to his supporters that way. Also, he was charged with solicitation to commit murder. Murder was on his mind. Remember as well, abusers like to project their behavior onto their victims. I've seen it many times in my life.

Was his truck returned? ...I was just following otto's theory, above, and remembered the truck was taken by LE. Returned?

He and his family are strange. May be they are loners. Poor Kelsey was oblivious to their ways.

That jibes with my thinking here.

Most killers want to get rid of a body right away, and certainly don’t like to hold on to one for days.

They also don’t like to travel long distances with a body.

So I do think it’s more likely that she is close to home.

This guy did have the benefit of time, and the means to move a body though.

That ping shows that he, or someone else, traveled to Idaho at some point. It’s not out of the question that Kelsey’s body also made the trip.

But for that to happen, he would have had to have taken the body to one location, and then moved it a second time to take it towards Idaho.

He may have buried her once, and then dug her up again.
If he pinged from Idaho to mislead authority, chances are the body is close to home. Not in Idaho. JMO

My biggest questions right now are:
  1. Where is Kelsey
  2. Where is KB's phone
  3. Did PF have help killing KB
jmo
Also what other evidence was located in Idaho that took "several" search warrants.

dkryder said something that struck me a couple posts back: "...perhaps PF even made a hotel/motel reservation using KB phone for a stop in ID...."

We are only told of the two texts. But once the cell is found and data retrieved (which now has happened) there could be a plethora of information for LE.

Can someone PLEASE quote the words CB chose when she said something about KB/xmas decorating/tree shopping.

Here is a longer raw interview video with the reporter questions:

About 2:10 the reporter asks: "When you talked to her most recently, what has she said, what has she been like?"
CB: "She's been happy. She's been wanting to decorate for Christmas and excited about that but she thought that maybe her fiance and K* were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something. She was planning her Christmas list and calling people wanting to know what was on their list for Christmas. Her job was going well.. Yeah, I just don't see any issues in her life at this time."

*Baby's name redacted by me

At the beginning of the courtship or the so called honeymoon phase of dating, usually about six months. I think most don't pay attention to signs and signals of others demeanor.When things start to go wrong in the relationship they don't have an exit plan and it might be too late by then.

Last edited:
PF is charged with solicitation to commit murder (in addition to 1st degree murder). This requires involvement of one more additional players.

Who was it that PF solicited and potentially received help from?

Solicitation relates to activities planned prior to a murder. Taking a phone to Idaho after the murder on PF's behalf would not be solicitation, it would be obstruction or conspiracy.

At the very least, someone knew that KB was going to be murdered. And did nothing.

The person that PF solicited may not get charged if assistance was not actually provided for the murder. I'm not saying anything new here, as this has been preciously discussed. But when will we find out the identity of this person that was solicited, and potential additional charges?

Today? At PF's court appearance? Maybe at trial? Is LE still making a case against the second party(s)?

If PF pleads guilty and no charges are ever filed against this person, might we never find out? Would he plead guilty to avoid this disclosure?

We see murders everyday, so I would never say that I don't understand why murders occur.

What I can't get my head around is- how does anyone not take action when they know the mother of a one year old child is about to be murdered?

Did the person that PF solicited also want KB to disappear?

It is against the WS rules to speculate on who provided assistance to PF.

But I really hope the entire story gets told.
I believe if the accomplice provided info for LE and is getting a lighter charge or no charge, he/she would still be required to witness against PF at trial. Right or wrong?

Also what other evidence was located in Idaho that took "several" search warrants.

dkryder said something that struck me a couple posts back: "...perhaps PF even made a hotel/motel reservation using KB phone for a stop in ID...."

We are only told of the two texts. But once the cell is found and data retrieved (which now has happened) there could be a plethora of information for LE.

I hope we hear an update soon. :confused:

She must have told him she was moving on and taking the baby with her. He wasn't a decent enough person to accept that, not even a man. Did he and his mom want the baby? Was mom a Chris Watt's mom? How did he get her phone to Idaho? Was he stupid enough to think that would prove she left and everything would be fine??
Good questions you ask. IMO- Neither he or his mother really
wanted the baby full time.

I haven't seen or heard anything positive about him being the
great family man, great father or even a loving man. Quite the
contrary. I think the baby was an annoyance that he accepted
and was forced to be part time babysitter. I also believe with
the mom, SF's age and obvious physical problems, she did
not look at the future hoping to raise a one yr. old child.
Considering PF's upbringing, I'll speculate that he felt
abandoned by his own father after the parents' divorce and
he never learned the loving responsibility of parenthood or
healthy fatherhood. I just can't buy into custody being a
motive.

The motive, IMO, was simple. He wanted KB outta his life.
I'll betcha he considered her just another b!tchin mama who
tried to run his life w/ expectations and demands.

PF didn't want to grow up and act like a mature man. He still
wanted to be free, independent and selfishly do his own thing.
As KB's dad said "He was an Odd Duck".

I have an idea on why the police dug up a big hole near the house PF was living. I think the cadaver dogs pointed out this spot as to where Kelsey was buried, but PF moved the body when the police chief said that they might search PF's place. If you had buried a body on some land and the police announced that they might search that land, I think you would move the body (and dispose of it somewhere else, not on the property the police said they might search.) I don't think the body is in Idaho since it might have troublesome evidence on it and would need to be well-hidden, so might as well hide it as quick as possible.
By that point in time, he may have been under 24 hour surveillance. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member